Staunton Bluffs: THE SUPER SECRET THREAD!!! Don't look!

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Staunton Bluffs: THE SUPER SECRET THREAD!!! Don't look!

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Well, if this works will all depend on your discipline...
The info contained herein is far enough to spoil you the whole next adventure, so, I absolutely demand you NOT TO LOOK if I don't invite you to read this info via PM!

Yours,

Rafael

VIEW CONTENT:

[Why are you still reading this?!]

[Have you REALLY understood that I said DON'T LOOK!?]

[REALLY?!]

[Well, then... OKAY!:wink:]
Le Noir Faineant

Early year 738 BC...

For several days you have been travelling through the small, but pleasant county of Staunton.

For the last few hours, you've been enjoying this beautiful spring morning, dowsing on the top of a small hill and listening to the music of the small stream of the Willis River...

But then a roaring voice ends your peaceful slumber: "Help! Good man, help us, for Belenus' sake!"
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Startled, Erdwin leaps up. The countryside had seemed peaceful enough, reminding him greatly of his native land. Strange too that its inhabitants should invoke the sacred name of Belenus. Yet he put his questions aside. If Belenus called him, it was not his place to question. Taking up his sword and shield, he strode towards the voice...
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

*In the Cave*

Post by sl4 »

I sit up suddenly looking around, then as my senses catch up I give a little groan and clutch my head, wincing. Looking up towards the light, I try to see where it's coming from and if I can get out!
Le Noir Faineant

ON THE HILL:

As you open you lazy eyes, you perceive a figure you have heard tales about, but rarely ever seen in life: A satyr.

The creature has brown skin, greenish hair, and has a huge, blood-covered waraxe tied on its back. Apparently, the the satyr is very ill. His yellow eyes are sunken deep into their holes, and sweat covers its skin, even during this pleasant day in spring.

“I am Lodissio Benainnant from the Cartographers Guild of Mordentshire. Me and my men were supposed to take over our Guild's establishment over at Willisford, but some of us were taken by the mists of dread.“

The satyr, coughs, spits, and falls on one knee. Blood is on his lips.

“I awoke in a cave about half a mile away. My companions are there, trapped in some kind of magic sleep that I believe is caused by a mighty vampirish entity that dwells nearby. Please, hurry, for if we don't help them, they will all die!”

IN THE CAVE:

You find yourself in a rectangular earth hole. The walls are wet, like from water, but clean of any sort of vermin or plants...

Above, the cavern opens into a larger basin...

Avra lies unconscious about ten meters down behind you... YOu cannot tell where the cavern leads to... Deeper into the earth, for sure...

And from above, you perceive something... A sound... A dog... Barking...
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Erdwin approaches the strange creature carefully, not sure what to make of his strange speech. Mordentshire? Mists of dread? What are these things? Still, despite his misgivings, he felt it was his duty to bring aid, if Belenus called him. He reached down a hand to steady the satyr on his shoulder.

"Lodissio Benainnant," the youth speaks with a strong, steady voice, "I am Erdwin, a warrior of Belenus. I have heard the call of our god from you, and I shall give you my aid. Take me to your companions."

With a firm hand he tries to stand Lodissio up.
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

*in the cave*

Post by sl4 »

"H...hello? is anyone there?"

I glance at Avra, but my knowledge of medicine being what it is, decide the best thing I can do for him is get competent help.

I reach up and try to scramble out of the hole into the bowl, looking around for the dog and, hopefully, its owner

"help!"
Le Noir Faineant

AT THE HILL:

Lodissio sinks down again. "Please good man, I am exhausted. Go and help my friends. On a nearby clearing, you will find something that looks like high silver pillar. That marks the entrance to the vampire queen's vault."

The satyr sighs and faints...

AT THE CAVE:

You crawl up the narrow hole, dirrty and already breathing heavily, as if you were ill...

Your head pops out of the earh...

And...

- For an inch -

You evade the bite of that four-legged terror that seems to have waited out there right for you!!!

[img]http://news.mmosite.com/UserFiles/ddoth ... ll.jpg[img]
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by sl4 »

With a scream I scurry back down the hole out of immediate reach, groping for my crossbow. If it seems to be following me down the hole, I colour spray it! if not I pause to get my breath and consider my next move...
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

***AT THE CAVE!!!***

"Shana?"...

Avra looks over to Shana, confused, disoriented, completely lost. He tries to crawl out of the hole he's in, cluthing at his neck. He pulls his hand back and looks at his fingers to see what is the wet stuff... almost afraid to look...
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

In the Cave...

Post by sl4 »

"No!"

I grab Avra, holding him back.

"I don't know what's going on here... and havent since I arrived at that inn. Maybe we really are awake now. But whatever, there's a large doglike monster at the top of that hole. As soon as you stick your head out it'll try to have your throat out!"

I look thoughtfully up the hole.

"how are you feeling?"
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

Although he was not trained as a physician, the strange creature appears to live. Erdwin is confident that he will not expire. Although he knows the satyr cannot hear him, he draws his sword and holds it before his face.

"Truly you are a sign from Belenus, that he has not forgotten me. I shall indeed render you the services our god requires."

Without further ceremony, he unslings his shield. The young man looks around himself cautiously before he sets off in the direction that creature indicated. Surely, the trail of blood should not be too difficult to follow. By the same token, there must be some danger awaiting there, to have cause the blood. Erdwin will be ready...
Le Noir Faineant

Hastily, Erdwin makes his way through the dense spring forest, breaking through the brushwood and jumping over the puddles of mudd vreated by the rain the night before...

Suddenly, the forest opens into a clearing, and Erdwin realizes that he is standing in a sort of big, brown caldera...

In the middle of crater, a hellish monster, barely reminding him of a dog... or a pony, considering the size... barking and hissing, tries to enter a small earthhole...

And in the next moment, appears wrapped into a cloud of sparkling, jumping dots of rainbow colours...

The monster, although distracted by Shana's colour spray, still pushes into the hole... If you down there don't stop it, it will reach you with its claws!

-------------------------

During all that time, Erdwin doesn't fail to notice a high stone pillar standing out of the wood neighbouring to the 10 meter-wide crater... A pillar, obviously covered with religious symbols of all kind, and crowned by a silvery shimmering shield on its top... The symbol of Ezra...

The foundations of the pillar, however, are hidden behind the trees...
sl4
Conspirator
Conspirator

*In the Cave*

Post by sl4 »

"its digging its way in!"

I use the moment of distraction to take a shot with my crossbow at it, then pause and begin to murmur, hands sweeping in rapid, intricate circles. A snarl echoes from outside the hole behind the hound, as a similar but slightly larger beast approaches from behind it and snarls a challenge.

"when its distracted we need to run for it! unless you can kill it..."

My brow furrowed with concentration I wait for my opportunity.

[Silent Image backed up with Ghost Sound. I'll try to maneuver the image so that it stays just a little out of range...watchers from the outside will of course see the animal appear out of thin air!]
Boccaccio Barbarossa
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Boccaccio Barbarossa »

***at the cave***

"I might be able to kill it, but if we can both get away, there is no point in fighting this beast." Avra gets in front of Shana, crouching down so as not to interfere with her spell casting, but ready to defend her should the beast make it's way in deep enough to strike at her.

If the beast gets distracted by the spell, Avra will grab Shana by the arm and rush the heck out of the hole!!!
Barbarossa Vineyards - Fine Brandies. The choice of true connaisseurs. (Located an hour's ride outside of Karina.)

A loose collection of writings about our (sometimes) ongoing campaign. http://ravenloft.inoveryourhead.net/