Staunton Bluffs Episode III: Unexpected Meetings

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian looks around at the others, and looks back at the woodsman. "I agree with my companions. My belongings, I am willing to sacrifice. My clothes, however, are a different story altogether. We are not savages." He pointedly does not look in Tavian's direction, however.

"You say that, should the ghosts drive us insane, that you'll shoot us. I say, if you truly believe we will sacrifice our dignity like this, that the first person you should shoot is yourself, for obviously the ghosts have stolen your own sanity." He awaits an answer from the woodsman, trying to seem unyielding in his demeanor even as he fears the approaching ghost army.
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

bang

Post by ewancummins »

Seeing that Wedge is aiming at Tavian, and fearing for his companion's safety, Moorkroft takes aim and fires his musket at Wedge.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

(How is the gate sealed?)
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Re: bang

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

"...Alright, then - just stop citing your sermons, fellow.."
ewancummins wrote:Seeing that Wedge is aiming at Tavian, and fearing for his companion's safety, Moorkroft takes aim and fires his musket at Wedge.
The shot hits Wedge with full force and throws him out of sight, somewhere down the balcony...

There he leaves you standing, on a stone bridge over a brown moat, in front of a black iron gate...

The gate is locked from within - you cannot tell without further examination, what exactly keeps it closed...

The small door within it, through which the woodsmen escaped, has a lock on it, though...

One last gasp, one move more, one second to think, and then the ghost army will reach the black gate!

And chaos will begin...
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George runs to the door in the gate (picking up his tools as he goes) and attempts to unfasten the lock before the undead are upon us.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

last stand?

Post by ewancummins »

Seeing that time is running out, and trusting to his companions to open the gate somehow, Moorkroft turns toward the oncoming horde . His face is white with barely controlled terror. He reverses his musket, to use as a club. He stands behind his companions, prepared to sell his life dearly. ''Lady, I pray thee, only let them enter safely. Let me be brave, if this is to be my end.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Tavian
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Tavian »

Once he realizes that the door is held shut by a simple lock, Tavian does what he can to make their passage possible.

(Baleful utterance on the lock.)
Lord Cyclohexane
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Cyclohexane »

Adrian stares incredulously at Moorkroft. With their only chance at safety denied, Adrian angrily belows, "Son of a bitch! Moorkroft, since when did Ezra justify killing men just for being scared?"

Adrian looks at the ghost horde, realizes that escape is impossible, and tries climbing the wall. Using the arrow slits as handholds and footholds, Adrian aims for the window that Wedge was looking out of, calling on his higher self to guide his hands. Mostly concerned about getting away from the ghost army, Adrian is secondarily concerned about saving Wedge's life, if Adrian can get there in time.

[Casting guidance and then climb]
My name is lost to me
I know not who I am
And I await the crimson fires
That'll wash this world away!
- Wolfbait, "In My Lonely Time Of Dying"
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DamienJ »

In a strange way, Erdwin is glad the impasse at the gate is over.

"Now we can get down to the business of dying!" He thinks cynically to himself. "I swear by the Rays, if I die here, may those fools of this village suffer a hundred times my fate!"

He turns back around, facing the ghosts. To the young man aiming some hollow tube, he says, "Friend, I do not imagine your weapon will be overly effective against a foe such as the living dead. I recommend this is a time for prayer."

Following his own advice, he clasps the silver holy symbol tightly between his hands, eyes upwards.

[OOC: Just so I don't sound inane...we are talking about ghosts here, right? Incorporeal? 'cause if they're zombies and such, then I'll draw my shortbow and take up position beside Moorkroft]
"Listen to them, children of the night! What music they make."
- Bram Stoker, [u]Dracula[/u]
Le Noir Faineant

DamienJ wrote: [OOC: Just so I don't sound inane...we are talking about ghosts here, right? Incorporeal? 'cause if they're zombies and such, then I'll draw my shortbow and take up position beside Moorkroft]
[Correct. Those are incorporeal creatures. Sorry for not providing more clear images.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
LouisVendredi wrote:George runs to the door in the gate (picking up his tools as he goes) and attempts to unfasten the lock before the undead are upon us.
Too late...
Tavian wrote: (Baleful utterance on the lock.)
Too few time to mark the door...

The ball of energy hits the iron black gate, but without visible effect...
Lord Cyclohexane wrote: [Casting guidance and then climb]
Adrian, with all his force, manages to pull himself up to the balcony, but in the moment that he is about to jump into safety...

The ghost of Staunton are upon you...

Howling...

Cursing and taking the souls of all living beings that come in their way...

And within the moment that the ghost army reaches the bridge to Willisford...

The fate of the Satyr's company hangs on a sole silver twine...
Le Noir Faineant

Pleasce click here:

Your world vanishes under a grey shroud of madness and pain...

Whatever happened during this cursed night at the Willisford bridge, few of your party will ever remember, but it will mark you forever....
Le Noir Faineant

Of all spammers, that one was one of the most retarded I ever saw...