Staunton Bluffs Episode IV: Siege and Stand

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Staunton Bluffs Episode IV: Siege and Stand

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Two hours later.

You have searched the environs of the farmhouse for tracks of the vampire and other horrors, but to no avail.

You have not dared to leave the stable at all, or to venture further into farmhouse:

The two mutilated birds and the uttermost silence all around you have made you cautious, and inserted fear into your hearts.

Moorkroft, apparently the only one who was able to preserve his wit and his valour, has approached the border to the seemingly endless cornfields, his knees trembling...

Far in the distance, Moorkroft believes to perceive a forbidding silhouette...

A black, huge tree, with leaves of the colour of ash, caressed by the mild wind that flows over the crops... Encircled by those perverse scarecrow crosses...

In this desperate moment, the door of the main farmhouse suddenly opens...

“Father?” - The kid's voice seems friendly, albeit chillingin your ears. “Father, where are you?”

The little boy, using a stick to help him walk, approaches the stable's doors, ignoring the destroyed cart and Moorkroft, who standing nearby, and bows before the people in the stable.

“Good Sirs.... Madam... Have you seen my father around here? He left me in the house to take a nap.”
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain gets to his feet quickly.
The boys father... He thinks to himself.Must be the walking corpse we killed!
Alain looks to the others in increasing panic. He then looks to the boy for any signs of him possibly being an undead himself.
He readies his shovel.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

"Did he?" Roland says, his eyes squinting in disbelief behind his glasses. "We haven't seen him, I'm afraid. You must be young Master Arlington, then? I saw the name of your farm on the side of the road at the turning."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Le Noir Faineant

[ :twisted: ]

The boy's eyes widen as Roland speaks.

"No, Sir. Lord Arlington is mine uncle. My father was going out for a walk about an hour ago. He's a tall blond man. His name is August Bleysmith, and he likewise is the lord of a nearby county."
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Roland shrugs. "I haven't seen anyone matching that description, although I haven't been here very long...wait, he left you here an hour ago? A...uh...a friend of ours went out a little while ago to...uh...look for someone else. I suppose he might have seen your father."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

tree of woe

Post by ewancummins »

Moorkroft approaches the tree and examines it. He past special attention to the scarecrows.
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Rafael wrote:[ :twisted: ]

The boy's eyes widen as Roland speaks.

"No, Sir. Lord Arlington is mine uncle. My father was going out for a walk about an hour ago. He's a tall blond man. His name is August Bleysmith, and he likewise is the lord of a nearby county."
Alain looks considerably more relieved upon hearing the boys words. Although the thought of the undead farmer being the boys uncle still rest with considerable unease on his mind.
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George replies to the boy, "I haven't seen your father, I'm sorry. Were you visiting your uncle?"
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana smiles reassurringly at the boy... then heads out to join Moorkroft looking intently around, examining everything I see, both for lurking vampires, and those little oddities that give illusions away...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana seems to be walking endlessly and endlessy, this cornfield seems rather long! She hears people talking in the distance, remembering what her grandfather told her"BE wary of strangers, especially mages!"

She emerges from the cornfield and cautiously approaches Shana and the boy, noticing Moorkroft farther off ...... Hand absently going to her Longsword, she nervously approaches Shana and the boy....

"Greetings" she says to Shana and the boy , keeping an eye on Moorkroft.
You see a female elf, in a hide armor, a Long Sword on her right hip, Grat Sword's pommel sticking up from her back ,Blond hair, blue eyes , yellowish skin.
DamienJ
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

A Little Fiction...

Post by DamienJ »

[OOC: So, after the farmer walked in, but before the fighting started, Erwin quietly slipped out a side door from the stable. He reappears about now...]

Erwin walks purposefully up to the front doors of the stable. His long walk had cleared his head. They were only dreams, he told himself. Only dreams. There was no reason to be disturbed. The bright sun and refreshing breeze helped him feel better, too.

He slowed down as he saw the wagon, and the people milling around the stable. Calling out to them, he asks, "what happened here?"
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Re: A Little Fiction...

DamienJ wrote:[OOC: So, after the farmer walked in, but before the fighting started, Erwin quietly slipped out a side door from the stable. He reappears about now...]

Erwin walks purposefully up to the front doors of the stable. His long walk had cleared his head. They were only dreams, he told himself. Only dreams. There was no reason to be disturbed. The bright sun and refreshing breeze helped him feel better, too.

He slowed down as he saw the wagon, and the people milling around the stable. Calling out to them, he asks, "what happened here?"
OOC: Actually, I think most of the people here are still inside the stable...is that right, fellow PCs?

IC: Roland looks with interest at George as he questions the young boy, sparing a glance for Shana as she heads outside. Roland seems willing to await developments--certainly he is showing no enthusiasm at all for looking for his vampiric former cargo.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I have just emerged from a cornfield , so no not I, if anyone was looking towards the cornfiels, they saw a female elf as i described earlier.... :)
Le Noir Faineant

Nathan of the FoS wrote:Roland shrugs. "I haven't seen anyone matching that description, although I haven't been here very long...wait, he left you here an hour ago? A...uh...a friend of ours went out a little while ago to...uh...look for someone else. I suppose he might have seen your father."
"Aye. We seldom have guests here, and Daddy likes to have company. He's stll very into these politsics." The little boy laughs heartily...
LouisVendredi wrote:George replies to the boy, "I haven't seen your father, I'm sorry. Were you visiting your uncle?"
The boy yawns and stretches himself. He really is still very small, five years old, maybe. An innocent child, as far as it seems.

"No, good Sir. My father was exiled froma country he was supposed to be king during the time when I still was a baby. He went here, and uncle Henry invited him to stay."

The boy suddenly blushes. "May I pass to the bathroom, Sirs?" With that, he turns back from you, and wants to enter the corn fields...
ewancummins wrote:Moorkroft approaches the tree. He looks all about, paying particular attention to the scarecrow crosses. He is thouroghly searching the area.
The tree, from the conrfields border about three miles away, is perfectly visible over the flat field... Something hangs over there, in the branches...

A piece of cloth? - A banner, maybe...
kintire wrote:Shana smiles reassurringly at the boy... then heads out to join Moorkroft looking intently around, examining everything I see, both for lurking vampires, and those little oddities that give illusions away...
You see no vampires, but, in fact, a fiercely looking elven woman standing at the cornfield's border... (Tarlyn's character.)

A quick reminder of the situation:
Outside, the carriage with broken coffin.
A farm house the boy has just emerged from.
The stable, with Roland, George, Alain, and the quiet Jarryd, Izabela and Tavian.
The cornfield.
The tree.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana comes to a halt and looks startled, eyeing the heavily armed elf with some caution, although she seems a little relieved when she identifies the stranger's race.

"oh... good day! My name is Shana, and I'm pleased to meet you! Can I help?"