Staunton Bluffs V: New Blood

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Staunton Bluffs V: New Blood

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

You find yourselves standing in a seemingly endless waste.
No sun or moon is shining from the sky...

Instead, the mists light the flat plain of salty stone around you, making your eyes hurt.

A woman in clerical robes stands before you, holding the little girl from the demon house and little Master Arlington in her arms.

You instinctively know this is noone but Ezra, the Maiden of the Mist,
and your eyes can't move away from her beautifulface as she opens her mouth to whisper...

Save my children

And then, the world around you turns black, and you fall into the darkness again...
Le Noir Faineant

You find yourselves walking on a muddy road through seemingly endless fields of corn...

You relize this must be the way that leads from Arlington Farm to the crossing near Willisford...

The world around you is oddy changed, a crimson sun lightens the misty day...

The corn around you is dying, and scarlet flames of engery glint between them...

The world around is quiet, and you cannot even hear your own breath in your chests... In fact, you're not sure if you have one...

You realize that you are not alone, but walking in a long, seemingly endless caravan of bodies that starts at what appears to be the ruins of the farmhouse and leads to the black tree that stands at the crossing... Yellow Eyes is there, with a dull look in his face, as well as Henry Arlington and the boy...

Under that tree, his face hiden under the willows, stands a man, seemingly counting - no! Selecting among the mindless trespassers - and as his face turns to you, you realize his true nature...

And his bone finger points on you...

"You: Why are living walking among the dead? - You see, the prison is closing, and the... Dark Powers... Take over the land and claim what the Maiden's spirit has protected ever since the sundering. If we do not find a cure, the mists will close over us, and bury the lands of the livign in darkness... Forever."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Till that moment Inovidil believed she was dead, that could be the only logical reason she was walking among all these bodies and she cannot feel Ithan. She was hoping only that he was still alive. Her latest thought was the farm floating on the air and then only dark.

When she finds herself in front of the undead and listen it speaks, the wizard shivers. However, despite it says that the land is up to be taken from the mists, the feeling of still being alive gets the young woman. She immediately starts to look frenetically around and call telepathically Ithan. Her heart starts beating faster at the thought she will be able to see her favorite hawk again.

But… Ithan doesn’t appear and for the first time at her lifetime Inovidil doesn’t even feel him. There will be only two possibilities that can happen, or the hawk has flown away in a very long distance or something has happened to it. Since Inovidil doesn't order it to leave, Ithan should be around, so remains only the second possibility. A feeling of emptiness gets the witch's heart as long as a stream of tears appears at her blue eyes. Unable even to stand at her feet, Inovidil kneels and tries to yell the familiar’s name, but only an unvocal cry comes out from her mouth. The whole world seems to have been disappeared from her eyes, nothing mattered her, only to find Ithan.

OOC> Inovidil has never lost her familiar before so she doesn't know how she would feel if that has happened. Since she is a bit confused now, (she doesn't understand where she is, how she gets there, what is happening etc) she cannot think clearly, so she is quite sure that something has happened to Ithan. For this reason she reacted like this.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

mission from God

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon kneels to pray. ''Blessed Mother- I will not fail you, though Death and Hell rise up against me, I will save your children!' He stands and steps forward- finding himself on the road with the spirits of the dead. He stands in silence before the gaunt and horrible figure beside the way, listening intently to it's words . He turns back into the press and calls out ,''Master Arlington? Can you hear me?''

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George, getting accustomed as possible to changes in his surroundings, quickly notices the boy and, ignoring the skeletal figure, rushes to him and says, "Boy, are you ok?"
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

None

Post by steveflam »

Brethana stumbles , falling as she was just in a coffin, then gets up, warily looking around. She follows the others, pulling out her Great Sword, very wary of the creature she saw and what is actually going on, she sticks near Jamethon & George, eyes darting from left to right, jumpy at any odd noise, heart beating fast .......... Seeing Yellow eyes, Brethana moves between her friends and Yellow eyes, Great Sword leading , eyes menacing, growling at him..............
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain gives a moan of frustration as the party approaches the creatures benieth the black tree.
"Again! Again this land has changed! What madness has befallen me!" With that said he buries the head of his trusty shovel into the earth.
"If only such a gesture would destroy what foul madness corrupts this land! Then my shovel be a dagger to it's heart!"
He then removes his shovel from the ground and rests it on his shoulder and looks to yellow eyes and his monstrous friend.
Le Noir Faineant

Both Yellow Eyes, Henry Arlington [the man that Roland shot in the head!], and the young boy ignore your movements and your calls...

They seem like in trance, their eyes dull under the reddish light that illuminates the scorched sky...
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Seeing that the boy does not respond, Jamethon rushes to him. ''Master Arlington, please come with me. These poor souls are dead , and they go to the house of Death. Your mother sent me to look after you.'' He then gently reaches for the boy, to draw him away from the press of silent figures moving down the road.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana staggers along in a trance, eyes barely registering anything around her, dumbly following the crowd, mind reeling as she tries to process the rapid changes, panic swelling up when ever she considers doing anything...
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

George watches closely closely to see how the boy reacts as Jamethon tries to rouse him. He has the sinking feeling that the boy is dead.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

The tall, skeletal figure strides toward you, herding you together and away from the Arlingtons and Yellow Eyes.

"They have already passed on," he says, briefly but not unkindly. "We have nothing to do with them, nor they with us. Our task is in the here and now, with the living. The Maiden of the Mists needs our assistance."

He ignores Brethana's drawn greatsword and fearful expressing, merely telling her, "Follow me" as he goes by. He plucks Shana out of the crowd, as well, taking her gently by the elbow and leading her to where George and Jamethon stand talking to the Arlington boy. "You there," he calls sharply to Alain. "Quit your complaining and come over here. Oh, and you," he says, pointing at Inovidil. "You too. You're not dead either, regardless of what you might think."

OOC: I think that's everyone who's responded so far...basically, this undead gentleman is trying to get everyone in one place so he can say something to you. :azalin:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil glances once the undead and once the gathered group which is standing only a few feet away. Still confused and heart broken for Ithan's disappearence, she gets the tears off her face and joins the group, saying:

"Hello. I'm Inovidil."

Then, she turns to the undead and asks:

"Who is the Maiden of the Mists and who are you?"
Last edited by VAN on Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:38 am, edited 9 times in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana jumps at the touch on her arm and looks up into the face of an undead looming over her. With a scream of shock she leaps back and raises her hands defensively in fornt of her, a coruscating swirl of violently clashing colours rippling out from them as she stumbles backwards in panic.

[ooc: Does this mean I don't get to take the mickey out of smug-pants any more? :( Oh well. Doubtless I will get on much better with this skeletal undead revenent. um... :wink: ]

[ooc:oh by the way... Colour Spray, which I suspect you will be largely unbothered by....]
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

kintire wrote:Shana jumps at the touch on her arm and looks up into the face of an undead looming over her. With a scream of shock she leaps back and raises her hands defensively in fornt of her, a coruscating swirl of violently clashing colours rippling out from them as she stumbles backwards in panic.

[ooc: Does this mean I don't get to take the mickey out of smug-pants any more? :( Oh well. Doubtless I will get on much better with this skeletal undead revenent. um... :wink: ]
OOC: Dunno. We'll see.
[ooc:oh by the way... Colour Spray, which I suspect you will be largely unbothered by....]
OOC: Indeed. :P

IC: "Don't be tiresome, child," the skeletal figure snaps, ignoring the wash of color. "I don't intend to harm you, and you can't stay here." He sounds more like a rather grumpy schoolteacher trying to herd his pupils into a classroom than a raving undead menace bent on destruction; under other circumstances the clash in tone and appearance might be funny.

"The Maiden of the Mists, to answer your question," he says to Inovidil, "is more commonly known as the goddess Ezra. You may call me Master Fallenleaf."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: