Staunton Bluffs V: The Final Choice

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana stumbles, then steadies herself, helping up Fallenleaf id he has fallen or stumbled....she then notices the Horrific spectral dragon and its rider,,,,,, What manner of demon is this now, havent you played with us enough Lodissio!!!!!!!

She points to the winged horror and its rider and asks Fallenleaf with fear in her voice"What should we do now, sir, should we fight or run for the portal?"....
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

Having been thrown amongst the guards, he tries to keep them from hindering Jamethon as he brings Ezra to the portal, attacking whoever tries to stop him.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Brethana stumbles, then steadies herself, helping up Fallenleaf id he has fallen or stumbled....she then notices the Horrific spectral dragon and its rider,,,,,, What manner of demon is this now, havent you played with us enough Lodissio!!!!!!!

She points to the winged horror and its rider and asks Fallenleaf with fear in her voice"What should we do now, sir, should we fight or run for the portal?"....
Fallenleaf is about to speak when he sees Jamethon carrying Ezra (if it is she) toward the portal. Obviously changing his mind, he says, "The portal, and quickly!"

Turning his attention back toward Lodissio, Fallenleaf says, "You talk of winning, Master Lodissio, but I see no victory here for anyone if we continue to struggle. Let him go. You can neither flee nor fight while you keep him, and I doubt that drake and its rider care whether you have a hostage."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil tries to react knowing very well that the next swing of the sword would probably kill her, but the blow has almost paralyzed her body and she is unable to run. So she becomes visible again, hoping that at least one of her companions may notice her and try to save her. Gathering all her forces she tries at least to roll away a bit while cries:

"Help me. I'm here."

Blood comes out of her mouth. Getting the silver moon with her hand, Inovidil prays with all her heart: "Holly Mystra don't abandon me now."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana heeds Master Fallenleafs words and runs towards the portal. Hearing then seeing Inivodil, she rushes to her."I've got you Inovidil, don't worry"..

[Ooc:If Inovidil is not surrounded by anyone I shall pick her up in my arms and run for the Portal, otherwise whomever is in the way shall feel the wrath of my sword!]
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Ken of Ghastria wrote: "Fallenleaf..." he says to his skeletal-looking ally, "the rivers of blood -- they fuel the portal!"
And in this moment...

Either because the earth elementals have harmed one of the mages that holds the portal, or because the stream of blood slowly runs out, the portal begins to flicker...
Nathan of the FoS wrote: Fallenleaf is about to speak when he sees Jamethon carrying Ezra (if it is she) toward the portal. Obviously changing his mind, he says, "The portal, and quickly!"
Lodissio seems baffled for a moment, then he beholds Jamethon and Jarg running to the portal...

"NOOO! What the hell are you doing! You will kill us all!"

And, pushing Alain towards Fallenleaf, the satyr jumps high into the air, to put himself between Ezra and the vanishing portal...
VAN wrote: Blood comes out of her mouth. Getting the silver moon with her hand, Inovidil prays with all her heart: "Holly Mystra don't abandon me now."
And in the next moment, blood sprays all over Inovidil...
As Brethana pierces her broadsword into the unlucky soldier over and over... And then, a second later, takes up Inovidil's battered body and runs forward to the portal...
LouisVendredi wrote:Having been thrown amongst the guards, he tries to keep them from hindering Jamethon as he brings Ezra to the portal, attacking whoever tries to stop him.
George uses his bare hands to hit and push the armoured guards, but he is sure that he won't stand for long any more...
Yet, everyone seems to be so focused on Jamethon and Lodissio that he may do some damage...

But then George sees Jarryd lying between the bodies of the fallen, waving his hands for help...
tarlyn st-denfer wrote:Jarg will run with Jamethon, helping him carry her , hopefully they'll make it to the portal unharmed!
And then Jarg is knocked down from behind and stumbles for a moment, leaving Jamethon alone against Lodissio...
ewancummins wrote:Jamethon lifts the woman's body in his arms . With everyone else fighting madly, he rushes her toward the portal.
[Does Jamethon just run into Lodissio, or does he stop for a moment to give the others the chance to act...?]
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana continues her swaying movements, but now the scintillating globes are swirling around the guards near Jarryd, catching their attention and entrancing their minds.

[Hypnotic Pattern again on the guards near Jarryd... try not to get him in it (though it shouldn't matter... I hope he has more HD than them, and there's plenty of them to soak it up first). Any guards I entranced with the first spell will still be out for another two rounds! I make the DC 18]
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Sneak attack

Post by steveflam »

[Ooc Hmmmm Lodissio has completely forgotten about Jarg behind him now soooooooooooooooooooooooo here goes!]

Jarg seeing that Lodissio is rather preoccupied with Jamethon, and behind Lodissio, gets out his Short Bow and gets within his 30 feet required to do a ranged sneak attack, and fires!!!!!!!!!!

Brethana runs with Inovidil in her arms trying to make it for the portal and hopefully safety.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Wiping away the soldier's blood from her face Inovidil looks at Brethana while she gets her in her arms and runs towrds the portal. The witch never believed that her life would be in hands of a simple fighter. Grown up in a family of wizards, Inovidil always believed that the wizards are a bit superior of the others. They were capable to use magic and do almost whatever they want. Besides, Inovidil always believed that she has been chosen by Mystra herself and she never get herself out of a battle. Actually she had a plan when she became invisible, she wanted to attack when no one expected it. But a single soldier has nearly killed her.

"Thank you very much."
Says Inovidil while her glance goes from her silver moon up to Brethana.
"I should have been more careful."

The young woman realizes that all her body is in pain and she can barely move. Not a chance to run. Spitting some blood continues: "Despite I still need help to stand. I can help with my way."

Inovidil gets out a wand.

"My father gave me this wand and said me to use it wisely. I haven't use it till now. Hold me tight please and I'll revenge the name of wizards."

With that Inovidil turns her wand toward a soldier who is up to hit Jarryd. A ray of fire comes out of the wand.

OOC> Scorcing ray. I get ranged touch: 18, but I think it should be a -2 penalty since Brethana is carrying Inovidil. I didn't roll the damage.
Last edited by VAN on Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Your welcome, Inovidil and dont worry Ive got you, just dont use that thing on me !" Brethana smiles and steadies herself so Inovidil can get a good shot at the soldier.
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

As Lodissio launches into the air to put himself between Jamethon and the portal, Fallenleaf shrugs his shoulders and shifts, becoming a night-black cat larger than a horse, its bones visible beneath (and, in some places, through) the skin. Avoiding Alain, he launches himself at Lodissio, attempting to pin him and clear the way for the others to exit through the portal.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Blaise sees Jarg take aim at the occupied satyr, and is about to do the same, when he sees the surprising Fallenleaf change his shape into a huge, cat-like creature and spring at Lodissio! "I must know more ... if we survive!" he says out loud.

Seeing that Lodissio can't flee from the multiple attacks without allowing the others to carry Ezra's body to the portal, Blaise returns his attention to Jarryd. Amid the chaos of armed enemies and scorching rays, he picks up the injured man and starts moving toward the portal as quickly as possible. "Oof. Sorry I, uh, shot you. Stay with me -- I'll get you to safety."

Grunting, he hurries forward, ready to blast anyone who stands in his way.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:Seeing that Lodissio can't flee from the multiple attacks without allowing the others to carry Ezra's body to the portal, Blaise returns his attention to Jarryd. Amid the chaos of armed enemies and scorching rays, he picks up the injured man and starts moving toward the portal as quickly as possible. "Oof. Sorry I, uh, shot you. Stay with me -- I'll get you to safety."

Alain, being released from Lodissio's grip, wastes no time in taking the opportunity to heal his friend Jarryd.
He makes his way towards Blaise who is making off with Jarryd. Once catching up will cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Jarryd.
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:Blaise sees Jarg take aim at the occupied satyr, and is about to do the same, when he sees the surprising Fallenleaf change his shape into a huge, cat-like creature and spring at Lodissio! "I must know more ... if we survive!" he says out loud.

Seeing that Lodissio can't flee from the multiple attacks without allowing the others to carry Ezra's body to the portal, Blaise returns his attention to Jarryd. Amid the chaos of armed enemies and scorching rays, he picks up the injured man and starts moving toward the portal as quickly as possible. "Oof. Sorry I, uh, shot you. Stay with me -- I'll get you to safety."

His body still aching, Jarrd welcomes Blaise's help to get him up. The dizzyness is wearing away and he feels a warm energy run through his body as his friend Alain infuses him with curative magic.

"Thanks my friends, I guess I missjudged Loddissio. I thought I could convince him to stop this madness, but I was wrong. However I now see that I have brave friends at my side, and this is more than I need to keep on fighting. I am very proud to fight alongside you"

Jarryd realizes that Lady Shana is also protecting him with colorful magic, and he waves at her thankful of her assitance "Now my friends, we have to decide, wether we fight this nightmare on wings, Loddissio or we make our way out of this madness....What say you?!"
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana, looking back at the Spectral Dragon and its rider, and how much Lodissio does not want us to take the portal, and the portal did flicker, replies to Jarryd "I say we take the portal as Lodissio doesnt seem to want us to take it and I dont like the odds of us facing that monstrosity and its rider back there !"