The trip to Shadowdale

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

The trip to Shadowdale

Post by VAN »

"You can always wait us to come, Brethaha. I have told you 1000 times the horses will be ready, in 10 minutes we will hit the road."

Says Inovidil as spots the impatient elf moving foul speed towards the tower's stables.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"BAh INovidil I'm just glad to be gone form this place, too many people live here. I'll be happy to be on the road in the open air and spaces!"

Brethana gets a horse and jumps up onto it , ready to go. Will I be glad to get out of here finally after a month! How do these people do it living in such close proximity to each. These humans really smell bad too. Brethana wrinkles her nose. Maybe we'll get to kill some orcs or goblyns on the open road or pass through a deep forest with some wood elves INovidil told me about.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil mounts too, always excited to get into a new adventure.

Only a few minutes later the two women get to a crossroad. There they see a woman halfling riding a pony and a tall blond man with plate armor riding a horse. The halfling wears a chain shirt and has two daggers at her hips and a cross bow at her back. The man carries a large shield and has a morning star at his hip. Inovidil spins he rhorse to get closer to them and with a big smile says:

"Hey Renad, I see you finally get you plate clean. That's nice, you always complain about it. Elvira! Always on time! As the old time. Oh, I'm so happy to have this trip with you guys. This is my friend Brethana, she is a very good fighter. She is from the strange place I have been this last year. I'll tell you our adventures later."

"Happy to have you with us Brethana, is always a pleasure travel among women." Says Elvira with a smile.

Renad bows to Brethana, saying "hello" and then asks:

"Where is your lazy brother Ino, still sleeping?"

"No, he waits us with to Thalar's house."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"NIce to meet you all, Inovidil told me about you".Brethana smiles Ahhhhhh the open road!She breathes deeply and sighs
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

The party begins riding towards the forest. Soon they see at the distance a small village. As they go closer they notice that the houses are beyond trees or on them. Rope bridges join one tree with the next one. Inovidil stops her horse near a big tree-house and dismounting she says:

"Wait me a moment please."

After nearly 10 minutes Inovidil returns with a very tall man with brow hair, a beard. He wears a briest plate and a great sword. The elf wears a chain shirt, has a long sword adn has a long bow at hisback.

Bowing the two men say:

"Hi, I'm Kel"

"Another elf, finally a good company! That's great. I'm Thalar."
Says the elf with a wink.
Last edited by VAN on Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Greetings, I am Brethana nice to meet a fellow elf as well, Kel"

Ooc:He is the Ranger, VAN?Or who is lol !

"We are quite the party here, hopefully we'll meet danger head on as a warrior always does, and not hide from it!"
Brethana laughs at that and contiues riding.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OOC> The elf ranger is Thalar.
Kel is Inovidil's brother and he is fighter.
Renad is human cleric.
Elvira is the rogue halfling.

IC> "This party has danger as a second name Brethana. I bet you will have very much fun with us."
Says Kel, paying a side glance to Thalar.

"Only Renad keep us to the straight way. He is the wise man!"
Says the halfling and all of them start laughing.

"It's all my fault... I should have left you after the last orcs lair. I..." Says the cleric.

"Oh come on Renad, we love you for that. You are the mind of our group." Says Elvira.

"Eh wait, I was the mind here. I was away for a year and Renad has already replaced me?!" Says Inovidil as she pretends to be offended."

"I... no Inovidil I'm just..."

The laugh of his companions doesn't let Renad finish his phrase.

"You are... oh come on Brethana leave these fouls and ride with me."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana eyes get a glint when she hears of Orcs.Ooooo might we kill some?

"There's orcs nearby? Well let's go have some fun!Maybe there'll be Ogres"Brethana says eagerly with an excited glint in her eye.

She moves to ride next to Renad"So,are there any nearby?Are there?Are there?I'd love to stain my blade with thier foul blood, They smell really awful as well.At least you humans wash once in a while. So let's hope we find some fun, people!".
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Renad looks Brethana with eyes wide open.

"We have just begin our trip and it needs 4-5 months to go to Shadowdale and you want to go after orcs? Ah and we do wash ourselves. I'm proud for my..."

"Oh no, we are basted Renad started talking about cleaness. Listen, Brethana, you should know beforehand, you should never oppose Renad to cleening matters and about religion. He will speak till Shadowdale and further more." Says Elvira.

Meanwhile, Kel looks Inovidil and Thalar:
"Sis, I think we are ready to know what our father have tought you this last month. Thalar, your bow is ready?"

"More than ever man. Elvira?"

"Oh, if there is any chance to get money I'm definately in." Says the halfling.

"So lets have a preview of what we are going to encounter to our trip. Lead on elf. Renad will follow... he always does!" Says Kel.

"It's an orc lair not far away from here." Says Thalar and turns left.
Last edited by VAN on Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"An orc lair you say?". Brethana follows next to Thalar now, looking back to Regan "Sorry, but if you talk all the way to this Dale land I'll knock your block off, no offense I hope. These and this", pointing her hands and her big two handed sword on her back "Do the best talking, and sometimes this Bow does as well".

"So brother Elf, what do you do for fun around here? And what are you? A Fighter? You look like one to me". Brethana smiles at Thalar and continues next to him.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Renad doesn't responds and keeps riding ahead with Kel and Inovidil.

"You should forgive her my friend, she is a good woman, only a bit more rude. Don't forget that she mysteriously finds hereself in a strange plane. She has saved my life you know and she doesn't hessitates even a second to do so. She actually carried me through that portal I have told you we escaped."

Thalar looks quizically Brethana and says:

"You are as strange elf youreslf. I have heard about hot headed elves, but you goes further. You shouldn't understimate the divine magic. Renad is one of Pellor's followers and if he says something is for our own good. He isn't that boring if you talk to him. I'm a ranger, an arcer ranger to be more accurate. You haven't seen the bow?" Says Thalar pointing at the long bow at his back.
"As about fun, I don't think that we enjoy ourselves with the same way. I can sing to the foul moon with the other elves adn the next day go after goblins and orcs with Kel and his othe rhuman friends. I have no problem with humans I have finally started to get them. Just I prefer to stay to my village and not in the big cities. What about you? How is the life at your homeland?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Well in my homeland it is very different from here. THe sun doesnt shine so much and I do not live in a city but out in the open as well. There is a lot of undead but not muich magic, except what our tribe's shaman does. I am sure Inovidil told you of our adventures from before we came through the magic circle after we defeated a maniacal centaur i think it was. This place has many elves as compared to my homeland where we are barely tolerated. I am one of my tribe's warriors and 1 time per day I can call upon my inner rage and furiously battle for a few minutes. This does tire me some, but it is very effective, just ask Inovidil. I have heard of Rangers but never met one. You are warriors of the forest? I do respect the nature and forest of course. Might you maybe show me what it is to be a Ranger, I am curious. Sometimes my hot head can get me in trouble!"

Brethana smiles at Thalar and continues riding along, watching the terrain.

Elvira asks Inovidil"YA think there'll be some nice trinkets in the orcs loot? I think that Brethana elf has been hit on the head too many times. She seems way too eager to get into a fight for an elf. Where is she from?She doesnt look like any elf Ive seen from around these parts."

Ooc:Brethana is from Sithicus, yes there :P
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil laughs at the halfling's comment.

"Well, I don't know what we are going to find at the orcs lair. You better ask Thalar or Kel about that. I was missing for over a year. As about Brethana her land is named Sithicus. I have never been there myself. She is a kind of warrior that in a certain way live with battles. She likes get into encounters more than Kel! You should see her fighting, once per day she becomes stronger ans seems undefeatable. I saw her slashing with her sword soldiers, demons etc. If you try to underdtand her she is a great woman. At the first place I'm quite sure that she could barely stand near me. She doesn't like wizards. I think she is afraid of them. bUt then, when a soldier has wounded me very much, she get me to her arms andcarried me to the portal, she even stops once in order to help me aim better with my wand!"

Then Inovidil turns in order to look better Brethana riding beside Thalar.

"As about hitting her head many times, I think this time she has hit upon Thalar!"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thalar smiles at Brethana"Well being a Ranger is indeed rewarding in itself. I cannot show you, but you may observe how I interact with people, nature and animals. The goddess MIeleikki is a wonderful goddess to worship. This Sithicus sounds rather interesting, though Ive never heard of it. You should take the time to see things around you and contemplate your actions before acting brashly. I'm sure you arte quite capable of using that big sword of yours, but that bow you have can be quite useful as well. I am quite handy with mine. ANd you might consider using try fighting with 2 weapons as you can be a more efficient fighter that way."

What an odd elf she is. I wonder what it's really like in her homeland and what it would be like to live there?I'd not enjoy thge undead or the lack o f the sun for that matter. Might I maybe show her the way of hte Ranger? We shall see if she has an open mind or not
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kel rides back to Brethana and Thalar and pointing first his great sword and then Brethana's says:

"I'm curious to see how you handle this sword of yours. My sister has told me that you are very effective to the battle . Well, me and my great sword are rather effective as well. Maybe, after the lair, we can have some practice together. I doubt these pitty orcs can delay us very much."
- W H A T ! ? !