The trip to Shadowdale

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg stands and leaning against a tree he braces himself, nocking another arrow and letting fly. The arrow hits the Giant in the arm making him growl in pain. Jarg nocks another and lets fly as well, hitting the Giant in the stomach.

Thalar stands and adrenaline through his body he rushes the Giant, his sword leading. He slices once slitting a big gap in it's stomach. Again he swings, this time getting the arm, but not before the enraged Giant swings his huge hand and knocking Thalar into the trees. Thalar grabs onto a tree and slides down, getting splinters all over his face and arms. He just sits there too wounded to get up.

Brethana's blades swing twice, hitting arm and chest. The Giant tries to hit her but she dodges his hand and then does the killing blow slicing him across the neck twice. It falls lifeless to the ground.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Elvira tosses both her daggers and get the giant at the chest.

Kel rolls at the ground and with a jump gets to his feet, holding his great sword with both hands. The fighter attacks the giant twice getting him at the stomach. Blood gets almost all the humanoid's body because the wounds are very deep.

The giant attacks Kel with his club and gets him at the left hand, a loud crack is heard and only thanks the extra strength from Reanad's spell, the fighter manages to hold his sword with his right hand.

Renad attacks the giant with his ice axe aimiming at his already wounded leg. The axe slashes true twice, cutting almost the leg.

Seeing that the giant cannnot move with his wounded leg, Inovidil casts another lighting bolt, getting the ginat at the chets adn this time the thunder burns it more than the other two times.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Seeing as the others do not need help with their Giant, Brethana goes over to Thalar and gently lifting him in her arms she moves him farther away. Setting him down gently, she pulls out a blanket and lays it on the ground, then helps him onto it. His face and arms are badly cut, and he can barely move. Grabbing her watwerskin and a cloth. she starts to wet the cloth and wipe and clean the wounds best she can. Reaching into her pack she removes 2 vials and has Thalar drink them. Some of the cuts heal but he needs more healing, which will have to wait until Renad is free from his Giant. She stays with Thalar until Renad is free. Thalar closes his eyes and falls into a light meditation.

Jarg seeing as the Giant he was attacking is dead, sits and grunts, his ankle swollen and hurting. He spies Brethana helping the wounded Thalar and sighs inwardly, gald the elf is ok.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Elvira tosses both her daggers one more time to the giant, but only one find him at the neck, provoking him a new wound. Kel sees the new wound and decides to aim there. Barely holding steady the great sword with one hand, the fighter slashes twice the giant's neck wounding him even more. The giant swings frenetically Kel in order to avoid a another attack. The blow gets the fighter at the stomach pulling the air out of his lungs and forces him to step back catching his breath.

Renad seeing that Kel is out of the melee, slashes with the ice axe cutting completely the giant's leg. The giant fell to the ground and the cleric with his second attack decapitated him.

Inovidil rashes to her brother in order to be sure that he is safe. The fighter has blood all over his body and he cannot move his left arm.

As the axe disappears the cleric gets his holly symbol and touches Kel's chest. Some of the fighter's wounds heal. Reand lays his hands on Kel another time healing him more adn finally the fighter can move his arm again.

Then the cleric runs to Thalar and heals him too. Then heals Jarg and Brethana.

"You have done excellent job with Thalar Brethana, you keeped him alive with the potions." Says Renad and turning to the ranger asks:

"Are you ok now Thalar? Your wounds are almost healed and as we get back I'll heal you completely."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Thanks for the healing, Renad" Thalar grunts. "I'll be okay I am just really sore right now and these scratches and scars shoul heal in time. It is a good thing indeed Brethana had some potions on her otherwise I might have been worst off" he says as he smiles shyly at Brethana, holding her hand.

Jarg looks around. "Hey Elvira wanna check out the cave? Might be some goodies!!! Guys let's check it out then." He says and he and Elvira head for the cave.

Brethana breathes a sigh of relief when Renad heals Thalar but is still worried as some scars and scratches still show " I am glad indeed that I had some potions, Renad." she squeezes Thalar's hand "You should rest some, we can look around here. And like Renad said, he can heal ou more in town, Thalar."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Seeing that Thalar is still in bad condition Renad says:

"I'd prefer heal you Thalr later when I was sure that we are safe to the city, but I think you are still suffering from your wounds. I cannot permit you walk like this."

With that Reand lays his hands on Thalar's chest and all the elves wounds are magically healed.

"There you are my friend, you can stand up now." Says Renad and offers his hand to Thalar in order to help him.

Meanwhile Jarg and Elvira go up to the cave and after a few minutes get back with a small chest.

"There is a ring inside, Ino might you check it if it magic?" Says Elvira.

Inovidil concentrates for a few seconds and then says:

"Yes, the ring and the pair gloves have a magic aura, as always tomorrow I'll say to you what they can do."
Last edited by VAN on Thu May 24, 2007 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

They head for Triel and after they settle in their Inn in the evening, sit around the fire after dinner, relaxing. Thalar retires early as even though he did get healed he is still sore. They spend the evening talking but nothing more.

In the morning Inovidil identifies the ring.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"The ring is very good, it can deflects the attacks. It's as yours Kel adn mine. I think Thalar or Reand should take it since the ygo in close combat and need more protecton." Says Inovidil.

Then turning to Elvira says:

"These gloves are perfect for you El, they can make you move faster."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Elvira admires the gloves... "Hey Jarg these look like yours." she giggles then sips her drink. "And that gold n gems we got should pay for more Inns and ale on our way to Waterdeep, plus Ino we did donate some to the "Ino" fund for spell components!!" looking at Brethana she makes a face then starts laughing and can't stop, then Brethana does too. Thalar and Jarg do too, and finally everyone does even Inovidil.

"Okay we leave tomorrow guys" Thalar says "So we should sleep early and not too much ale tonight Elvira and Kel" he winks then gets up, leans down and kisses Brethana on the cheek then heads up to his room.

Brethana blushes and heads up to her room before she gets razzed and teased by the others.

Elvira giggles as she looks at Inovidil "Hey I think we did a good job with those 2 Inovidil! Oooooo we should find a woman for Renad now"she winks.

Jarg observes the others and says to Elvira so Inovidil can hear "Hey they seem to be ahppy and I think they did it themselves you bad girls!!!!" he winks "Well lucky them my pal is way bcak in Shadowdale and who knows when I'll be there again soon" he nods to everyone and gets up heading to bed.

The next morning they leave for Triel. On the 2nd night it is quiet. After dinner they talk and relax. Suddenly the ground shakes a moment, then before them a huge humanoid form rises from the earth rising to over 10 meters! They scramble and grab their weapons.

Jarg gets an arrow away but it misses the earth beast.

Brethana hits it twice, slicing each leg.

Thalar hits it once with his long sword and Elvira's daggers fly, damaging it slightly in the stomach.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidl jumps up and immediately casts haste so everybody except Elvira this time can move faster.

Kel attacks the elemental holding his great sword with both hands. His first two attacks strike true, but the third one misses.

"Wow, this... creature has a kind of hidden armor, I should have dealed more damage with my attacks." Sasy the fighter.

Renad looks the huge elemental adn getting his holly symbol at hand prays loudly to Pelor. A burst of energy gets everybody including the elemental which blinks from the spell. Then the cleric holding his morning star and his shield attacks the elemental once getting it at the foot.

OOC> Reand has casted prayer. Allies + 1 HR, DR and saves -1 the elemental.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The Elemantal,s massive foot moves and smacks Renad in the chest. Renad's shield smothers some of the blow but he goes tumbling back head over heels, stopping near a tree. He is more winded than hurt and sits up a moment to catch his breath.

Brethana renews her attack with vigor and hits 3 times, damaging the Elemantal.

Jarg gets behind the Huge creature and stabs it twice with his sword, harming it a little.

Elvira's daggers fly twice, scoring. The Elemantal seems a bothered now.

Thalar slices it twice more, harming it even more.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil gets out her glass wand and points the elemental. A lighting bolt gets it at the head.

Renad stands up, feeling pain at all his body. Getting his holy symbol prays to Pelor to help him. A blue light covers the cleric and the most of his wounds healed.

Kel attacks again slashing 3 times the elemental's foot. His first and third attacks stikes true.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jarg swings his sword twice, hitting the beast once, but then accidentally his sword slips put of his hand and it flies from hilt to tip over and over and embeds itself into the ground with a loud "TWINGGGGG!!!"

Brethana and Thalar take turns hitting it with their swords, and as Elvira's 2nd dagger hits the Elemantal, it crumbles into pieces all around the party. They rest a few moments after catching their breath then head on to Soubar and take a rooms in the same Inn as when they arrived on their way to Shadowdale.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Wow this elemental was really diffifcult to defeat! It had some kind of protection and despite I got it, it didn't got hurt!" Says Kel as they having dinner.

"No Kel, it was made only with very hard stones, so your sword couln't get it ver well." Says Renad.

"Fortunately the spells could get it pretty well!" Says Inovidil with a smile.

Then turning to Brethana teh witch says:

"So Brethana, have you changed your mind about the magic and spells? Now you have seen how useful can they be and despite cause much damage can also be helpful."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana looks at Inovidil with a straight face "Well I still findi t hard to accept but my views are now that it is necessary and for now, I am comfortable in the fact that you and Renad do some. I can say that I will toerate it as it can be useful. Oh also it lowers you gold supply HAHAHAH!"
Brethana giggles and laughs, then winks at Inovidil.

"I have only seen an Elemantal on my side in the underdark, guys. I rather the next one be on our side, it was hard to harm."Jarg says as he eats.

Thalar says "Let's just hope we don't run into any more of those anytime soon!"

Elvira eats then between mouthful's "I don't think I was any bigger than his big toe! Wow that was huger than the Dragon I think or close to it!"