Running against the time

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thalar dodges the skeletons hit, and he swings his sword hard. connecting with the skeleton's arm, chopping it off in the process. Being hasted he swings again and proceeds to cut the skeleton in half, the top part of its body bouncing away into the rubble, the legs falling there on the spot.

Elvira gets hot once by the zombie on the arm but she quickly recovers and hits the thing twice with her daggers, cutting it deeply, but not enough to down it for good.

Jarg narrowly dodges the skeleton and with a sweep of his foot , trips the skeleton making it fall. HE swings his sword down and cuts an arm off but the skleleton still lives.

Brethana takes one hit and the other one misses. With one blade she scores one skeleton, breaking a few of one skeltons ribs, and the other she completely breaks one of its legs, making it fall to the ground hard, further harming itself in the process.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Renad prays another time to Pelor. a white light gets out of the holly symbol and covers the undeads. Elvira's zombie and Brethana's skeleton leave the room.

Inovidil gets a step back trying to avoid the hit, but the zombie gets her with her club. When gets a safe distance the evokes casts another lighting bolt which gets the zombie adn the pile behind it. The zombie turn to dust as some small stones fall from the cieling.

Kel attacks twice his zombie dekapitating it. Then with his haste attack, kicks the skeleton so hard that he breaks it;s skull. But teh skeleton is still there and poieces the fighter at the chest, but his armor protects him.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana now free, goes to help Jarg and together they finish his skeleton.

Thalar looks to make sure Inovidil and Renad are okay and seeing that they are, heads for the 2 doors at the end of the room.

Elvira heads for the doors and listens at both, but not hearing anything. Once the party takes care of the rest of the zombies and skeletons they go to Elvira and Thalar.

"We can search here later, we need to find that book first." Thalar says.

Jarg listens to the both doors as well but hears nothing either. "Say Renad, can you see if you detect anything on the other sides of either door? That might give us an idea which door to take. I am sure the others would agree on that point" Jarg says.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kel kicks one more time the skeleton and the slashes it with his sword, destroying it.

"Yes, I can do that. Good idea." Says Reand and concentates. After a moment says:

"This way, at the left one. There are a lot of undeads inside, s Kel you enter first and I'll go after you adn I'll try to destoy them."

"Wait! We have make very much noise in here and maybe they have heard us. So get cover 'll try to open the door with a spell." Says Inovidil."

"Excellent idea." Says Reand and goes at one side of the door and Kel at the other

When neverybody gets cover Inovidil waves her hands. A knock is heard at the door and it opens widely.

Soon after a loud sound is heard and a lance pass through the door and hits at the other side of the room.

"Holly Mystra!" Says Inovidil

"I don't like it." Says Renad and getting his holly symbl prays oudly. All feel more convinced and lucky.

"I'm going in." Says Kel and enters inside.

A chant is heard from inside and immediately he gets attacked from 2 mummies. The fighter dodges one attack, but the second mummy gets him to his stomach. Kel tries to attack, but he realized he cannot move. Another mummy dressed with black cloak and holding the holly symbol of Cyric appeared behind the altar holding a sheath.

Inovidil seeing Kel unable to move concentrates and focused on him. A blue light covers the fighter and Kel realized that he can move again.

Renad gets his holly symbol and a white light cover the mummies, one of them turns to dust.

OOC> Kel was not dispaired but hold.

Reand has casted mass conviction.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Thalar rushes in right after Kel, narrowly getting hit by the 3rd Mummy!. Still under the influence of Inovidil's haste he attacks the Mummy twice. His long sword cuts it deeply twice but not nearly enough to down it, though the Mummy's arm and torso are badly damaged by Thalar's sword.

Elvira is next, and tosses both her daggers at the Cleric Mummy, scoring nice hits. 1 dagger digs deep into the Mummy's chest the in it's leg, then returns to her.

Jarg dives to the side and getting behind a Mummy that attacked Kel sneak attacks it! His sword flashes 3 times, under the haste spell, and the Mummy falls, victim not only to precise hits but a nice sneak attack by the Drow!.

Brethana rushes in right after, and rages as she attacks the 1 free Mummy. She had put away her 2 blades and going for more damage she removed her Great Sword and swinging it twice she scores major hits on the Mummy. It's arm lops right off and her Great Blade slices it cleanly from one shoulder to the hip on the other side, making the Mummy topple, defeated.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil sees the mummy and getting out her wand she aims and a ray of fire gets the mummy. The fire burns the bandages making the mummy shriek.

Suddenly 4 skeletons and 3 zombies appear. Two skeletons attack Kel and try to grapple him but the fighter easily tosees them away. Then gets both their scales and hits them together twice times using all his strength. Both skeletons turn to bones beneath his feet. Then the fighter goes to the mummy cleric in order to help Brethana.

The mummy slashes with its sheath Kel as he gets closer, dealing him a serious wound at the chest. Then it slashes Brethana dealing her a serious wound to the chest too.

The other two skeletons attack one Jarg and one Renad.

At tthe same time one zomibe attack Evira, one Thalar and one Inovidil.

As Renad steps back, his skeleton pierces him at the chest with his spear. Despite his pain, Renad gets his holly symbol and one more time a white light cover the undeads. His skeleton, and Elvira's and Inovidil's zombie flee.

"Good work Renad!" Yells Inovidil.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana swings her Great Sword twice, seriously damaging the thing, it's chest and leg now gaping open.

Jarg dodges a swipe from the skeleton then he swings his sword twice , breaking the skeletons ribs and neck in the process. The useless bones pile on the floor, clattering around.

Elvira ahd thrown her daggers at the skeleton but they passed harmlessly through empty air, narrowly missing the swining Jarg, then as always, returning to her.

Thalar gets hit once by the zombie, but merely grunts as he shrugs it off. He deftly swings his long sword twice, the now dec eased zombie's head flying through the air and landing in the rubble strewn room.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil aims the mummy one more time adn the ray of fire hit the undead again.

Kel slashes the mummy three times, getting it to the wounded chest and leg. The mummy slasehs the fighter twice with the sheath almso tcutting his right arm.

Renad rushes to the undead and hits it twice with hsi morning star. With a final shriek the mummy's bandages unroll and it turn to dust.

"We are finally done!" Says Inovidil.

"Renad... help me I'm feeling weak." Says Kel as spitting some dust from his mouth.

Renad gets his holly symbol and touches the fighter's chest once and then his hand. A blue light appears and the wound at his chest and hand healed. Seeing that Kel is still weak, Renad gets out a scroll adn lays both his hand on Kel's chest. A green light cover's the fighters' body this time.

"Thank you Renad, I'm feeling much better now."

"You were lucky my friend that I had this scroll with me, you have gotten mummy rot, a very serious dicease." Says the cleric.

"Who else needs cure?" Asks Renad.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I am injured, Renad" Brethana offers.

Jarg and Elvira look around the room and find a few things. including the book Belagadon told them of. There are a few gems which they split amongst themselves and as always, Brethana hands some of her money over and smiles saying "Here you go Inovidil, something to further your studies, as I do not need that much for my profession. HA HA!!" Looking to Elvira she winks "You should give some to her too,,, a witch is an expensive career choice apparently, tee hee hee!!".

Elvira giggles as she hands some gems over to Inovidil "There you go, Inovidil, some money for your studies". and bursts out laughing. then Brethana does too.

Jarg walks up to Inovidil and hands her some gems as well as a cloak he found. "I think you should take a look at it maybe someone here can use it."

Thalar smiles as he looks at the book. "I hope Belagadon can help us with this book for Brethana."

They stay the night in the Temple and head back to the entrance to the Yawning Portal Inne at the appointed time the next day. Sure enough Durnan opens the door and let's them out, then lets some other adventurers pass, locking the door behind them. Nodding to the party he goes back to his duties at the Inne as they leave and head directly for Belagadon's tower. They make it shortly after lunchtime, so they stop before entering the old monastery to the tower and eat.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

As they eat Inovidil identifies the cloak.

"This is a very good cloak, it makes your personality stronger. I think you should have it Renad."

"Thank you very much." Says the cleric and weras the cloak.

"Yes it's a really good one. I'm sure it will be useful to me."

After an hour of resting they head to teh monastery again.

This time the monastery seems less opressive to Inovidil, she has the feeling that less eyes are spying them.

"It seems we have earned Belagadon's trust guys." Says Inovidilas steps in.

The door opens widely one more time and the party head up to the stair and to the library. The lich is standing beside the table with a book at his hands and a smile on his face.

"Well done. You have proved patience, good heart and fighting ability." Says Belagadon as Inovidil hands him the book they have found.

"Thank you for fetching me that. As I have siad you before it's a very old book which contains soem very important rituals." Belagadon makes a small pause as puts the book to a shelf.

"As about our deal, according this book, you have to find a cleric of Selume. He should cast some spells at the exact order the book says. It will be easy fror him. I think your father knows a pair of them Inovidil, ask him where to find one."

Looking at Inovidil's happy face, the lich continues:

"Wiat, the most important thinng though is to kill the natural werewolf, the one who started the blood line. When you find the cleric ask him to find the natural for you. It will be easey for him,he will ask his god. If hes syas that he cannot do it, ask in the temple. I know Renad knows some powerful priests there."
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"We thank you for you help, Sir. BUt now would be the time to haste to Lord Kaving's as the less time Brethana stays infected the better it is for her" Thalar bows in respect to the Baelnorn and looking to the others, he walks out of the library. The other thank Belagadon , especially Brethana who ventures a hug. The Baelnorn pats her back and smiles "Go now and be cured."

2 hours later thay arrive at Lord Kaving's tower. They rush inside and find his at work in his library. After telling their tale to him, he seems to think a moment the tells them "As a matter of fact I do know a cleric of Selune. His name is Nahtoah Leafcaster and lives on the outskirts of Waterdeep. I can teleport you there. Now I do not need to tell you that you will have to offer up something to him in exchange for his services. Possibly gems or gold for his God. Even if it is for a good cause. Now here, hold hands everyone, I will teleport you there."

The party obliges and Lord Kaving works his spell and they appear in the forest. Looking around they only see trees and more trees. Thalar looks closely and sees a path only he Brethana and Jarg would have noticed. HE nods and beckons the others to follow. A while later they come upon a small house in a clearing. A male elf is in front of it, sitting crosslegged in meditation. The party approaches but says nothing. Thalar whispers to the others "This might take a while. Let us get comfortable and relax until he is ready to see us".

With that everyone has a ration and some water and sits and waits or meditates as well. Later on the elf stops meditating and opens his eyes.
"Welcome, friends. What brings you to me?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Good evening father, I'm Renad, cleric of Pelor. Me and my friends need your help. Our friend here, has been infected from a were wolf. We have gone to a Baelnorn, Belagadon if you might know. He send us to get this book. Then he said that we should find a cleric of Selume who would help us to find the natural werewolf, kill him and finalyy he will be able, with the help of the book, to cure our friend. Do you want to help us father, we really need your help." Says Renad and hands the book and a purse with gems to the cleric.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Taking the book and pouch of gems, he holds them. Looking at each one of the party once, he turns back and raises an eyebrow at Jarg. "You serve the Dancing Lady I see. Good choice for one of you. You keep strange company Renad, Cleric of Pelor. In you all I sense only good. I accept your offering. Now step forward you who are infected".

Brethana steps forward nervously. "Please sir, I only wish to be normal again."

Nahtoah peers deeply into Brethana's eyes almost as if he is looking deep into her soul. "I Must perform 3 spells on her, then I will pray to find her creator. I sense he is the first as well, from her, so this is good indeed. Now follw me, young one. You others must stay out here whilst I perform the spells on her inside my home, privately".

With that he takes Brethana gently by the arm and leads her in his home, closing the door behind them. Inside he leads Brethana to an altar and bids her to stand still. He grasps his symbol and utters a few words, then Brethana feels as if a burden is lifted from her, but not completely. NExt he utters a few more words and she feels as if she is being dripped on my some sticky fluid. Lastly as he utters more phrases it feels as if she is cleansed thoroughly from head to toe. He stops and speaks. "Now let me pray for the whereabouts of your infector and go outside. I will join you shortly".

Brethana heads outside and tells the party of her experience as they wait. An hour later Nahtoah emerges from the home. He approaches the party. " Selune was with me this day. I not only found out hwo the infector was but where he is as well. And he is indeed the first." Reaching into his cloak he removes a wand. "Now stand closely as I will send you there where you should surprise him. He is alone not with the pack of wolves as last time. Get ready for battle now before I send you!"

The party readies themselves and Brethana thanks him. Making sure everyone is ready, she nods to Nahtoah. He utters a word and aims the wand at them. They disappear and appear in another part of the forest. Looking around, they see a path and on it a man with his back to them. He seems to be sitting and eating something, obliviosu to their presence.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"It's him, I have casted a spell that detects the evil creatures, and he is definately one." Says Renad and gets his holly symbol at hand, prays. An ice axe at his hand.

Inovidil looks the man and then Renad. Then she gets out a wand of glass and aims the man. A lighting bolt hits him to the back.

Kel gets his sword and charges the werewolf.
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana doesn't care for stealth and yells out "DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" brandishing her Great Sword, raging and very very anxious for the beast to die.

Thalar was taking a silent approach but seeing as Brethana left stealth to the wind, just follows her, silently laughing, a twinkle in his eye.

Elvira lets Brethana have her moment and concentrates, her daggers hitting true, the Werewolf's arms both pierced by the magical daggers.

Jarg follows Brethana and sneaking and dodging behind her and getting miraculously behind the man, he is respective of Brethana and punches him in the face, breaking it's nose. The blood spurts all over, Jarg gets some on his tunic but doesn't really care.

The man sees Brethana's mad yell and rush at him and luckily removes his long sword and attacks her.... hitting her once..... then transforms into a werewolf, Jarg's punch breaking his lupine nose.

Brethana rages and still yelling, she swings her Great Sword true, the blade slicing the thing's head off. Brethana stops and grabbing it's head she brandishes it, raging. Then with all of her force she throws it as far as she can, yelling at the top of her lungs.