A Farewell Note from Rafe

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:D :D :D

Wow, thank you all so much for the kind words!

It was a great experience and all an honor for me to play with you!

SB was my first PbP as well, and one of the first RL campaigns I ran;
in many ways, I was still experimenting. Glad you liked my little creature despite my lack of practice! :D
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

SB was actually my first RL game as a player. Having been through the game from that perspective, the experience helped me to better understand what my players could look for in a RL GM. I am still working out the kinks though.
Le Noir Faineant

:) Hey, man, you do me too much honor!

I don't think Sb was a good example for a "good" RL campaign;
much of it was not gothic, but grotesque and bizarre, not what I look for in a RL campaign usually.

In retrospective, I like it a lot how we managed the survival horror parts of the campaign, though.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

True that the game wasn't all together very "Gothic".

What really changed my perception was the eerie nuances that would pop up here and there. I remember when the party first encountered the bridge leading over the ocean to the church/castle (don't remember 100%) and you described the ocean as not making any sound. That image stuck with me. And I remember absolutely Hating Lodissio. He was this foul sadist of a satyr and he was our leader. It is important to the players of a game to get to know the npc's they interact with well enough to have such strong emotions towards them. I still hate that satyr to this day.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Le Noir Faineant

You might want to take a look at Roger Zelazny's Amber series - that's where I go to dig for surreal ideas. The bridge idea was taken from there, IIRC, as well.

For RLO, you might want to take a look at "Record of Lodoss War: Lady of Pharis" - a comic book, I know, and not similar at first sight, but great part of my inspiration nonetheless.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:You might want to take a look at Roger Zelazny's Amber series - that's where I go to dig for surreal ideas. The bridge idea was taken from there, IIRC, as well.

For RLO, you might want to take a look at "Record of Lodoss War: Lady of Pharis" - a comic book, I know, and not similar at first sight, but great part of my inspiration nonetheless.
Amber= freaking great stuff. I liked it, anyhoo.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)