Realms of Dread- a brief interlude

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

"Inovidil, a lady of poise and grace such as yourself will be noticed and remembered. A scarred old man with a limp and rags on will likely not be."

He flashes a quick grin,

"I will be focusing on the old case and will rely on you all to keep me up to date on the smuggler case in the instance that Rask asks questions of me."

"From what you have told me about the orphanage, I do not wish to waste my time with smugglers when my talents would be better served observing and shadowing those of interest."

"I bid you all good day, I'm going to sleep until tonight. Threan, you heard none of this I pray."

Before he leaves the room, "Rardi, will you be ready for tonight? Prepare darker coloured clothing."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Yeah I be ready, Archedius. Speaking of which I should go rest as well then. Be careful and we'll be in touch." Rardi leaves soon after Archedius, retiring to her room for a nap and prayer.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil has no intention to stay out of the old case and deal with the smugglers, so she stands up and gets Archedius arm in order to stop him.

"Wait! You cannot go alone, my magic will be very useful to you. I was invisible all the time I was following Delthrin and for more caution I can change my appearance with a spell and as I told you I can detect the thoughts. Also it isn't only the orphanage, we need to go back to the hidden house in the rock. I'm the only one that knows where is this house, so I need to go with you."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Archedius
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Archedius »

"My arm if you please, I might need it."

He gently but still firmly removes Inovidil's hand from his arm.

"The rest of you- I feel sorry for those smugglers. If you need my help, let me know."

Archedius looks straight into Inovidil's eyes, "Wear dark clothing and soft-soled footwear in case your glamer becomes dispelled. Get some sleep and we will see you tonight."

He leans in to her ear, "Young one, I have many wounds on me, please refrain from grabbing at my person unless it's necessary. I have an arrowhead stuck in the meat of that arm, Rardi had to leave it in years ago."

He nods to her and heads off to retire.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Well I'm here because of me and my brothers expertise in weaponry as a consultant on smuggling of such things . If you want to keep investigating the other case it's no skin off my nose, but I'm just here to help with the smuggling case . My brother might want to help you with that one but you will have to ask him about it as it's none of my business . " Threan response in a no nonsense tone of voice . "But of more pressing concerns to you should be the presence of Amnite bounty hunters that seem to hunting for some you . " And with that he strolls up to the front of the tavern and pulls out a sit for himself and order's some breakfast(1) for his consumption .

1=Standard breakfast for him is hashbrowns, 3 eggs , some wheat bread[toasted if possible with butter on it] and sausage or bacon . With fresh milk to wash it down with if possible otherwise he will drink watered wine with it .)
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana looks puzzled "smuggling case? Wait, you've been reassigned? Oh well, that doesn't matter to me! I can carry on investigating what I choose. Once Alain's read that diary, we'll see!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I'm sorry."

Whispers Inovidil. She doesn't hurt Archedius, just get his attention.

When Rardi and Archedius left Inovidil sits down again. She wanted to hear about the smuggling case and most important she wanted to finish her breakfast!

Drinking some coffee to clean her mouth she looks at Threen and says:

"Please can you tell me who is your brother and how can he helps us with our other case? What talents or abilities does he have?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"But of more pressing concerns to you should be the presence of Amnite bounty hunters that seem to hunting for some of you."
"Pardon me? What was that?" says Blaise. When Threan sits back down with his food, he continues, "I don't know you, but I like you. Clearly, you have a flair for the dramatic. What about ... bounty hunters?"
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"What I'm talking about are some Amnite Bounty hunters coming to my shop wanting to enlist my help in finding some fugitives who just recently joined the Watch ."Between eating he gives comments."Oh my brother is the soft hearted one in the family, unlike my self ." Munch munch "Just call him Glim . His usually at the shop . He has some useful spell casting abilities a little healing and little blasting is as far as I know ."Washing down some toast and eggs on them. " You would have to ask him exactly . He said some thing about being some kind mystic now . He enchanted several of my magic items that I use though ." And with those comments out of the way he finishes what on his plate and calls for a another full serving of what he just had as that is just how hungry he is this morning .
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil glances at Shana and Blaise.

"Threen, can you tell us please when that happened? These guys may create us problem if they recognise us."

She gets another sips of her coffee and gets a bite of her toast and he face shines as Threen told her about his brother.

"Another mage! Great, I love chat with any kind of spell casters. After breakfast I'll go to meet him. Do you think he might be interested in helping us in one of the 2 missions Threen?
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

"Threan," says Blaise, "did these bounty hunters tells what these 'fugitives' supposedly did, and did they give you and your brother infomation on how to conact them?"
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon enters the common room of the Old Shell and doffs his battered black hat. He takes a seat, orders some food, and listens to the discussion. As talk turns to the bounty hunters, Jamethon offers this tidbit:

''Ironheart and I ran into a pack of hostile strangers last night. The ones that he didn't kill, they are down at the militia house now. They knew me, even called me by name. Might these be the Amnites in question?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"They came to the shop earlier in the day of the ball . I said he might want to help with the murder case, but you would have to ask him ." And after answering those questions Threan gets back to part two of his breakfast with zeal . As he starts to dig in to the rest of his meal pauses and says" Oh they said that they would talk to us today at our shop, and they said the fugitives killed a village full of innocent peasants to hide their ware abouts ." Then gets back to his meal .
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Before Rardi can attend to her other business, she attends the briefing for their new case. Not satisfied with the outcome of the first case, she pays attention to Rask as he explains their new task. Though it is closed, that doesn't necessarily mean she agrees with the outcome of their first case.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil goes to the briefing as well. She wants to know what this new case is about.
- W H A T ! ? !