Realms of Dread, Interlude 2

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

militia HQ

Rask stands up very quickly.

''Helm's eyes, why didn't you tell me about this sooner? Go get sergeant Talbot and twenty men. You are to lead a patrol there at once. Find out what you can, then return here without delay and give me a full report. We will bring in the other members of the special squad as soon as possible, of course. I'll send the messages while you are taking care of the initial reconnaisance. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Lord Ildool's mansion
ewancummins wrote: ''Master Zilfarrik, how nice it is to see you again. What can I do to help you today...or have you come to discuss history?''
Blaise is not happy to see Davos among the group, but he doesn't let his displeasure show. He bows deeps to Ildool and says in his "aristocratic" voice, "It's good to see you again as well, Lord Ildool. And in a way, I have come to discuss history ... very recent history, in fact." He assumes an honestly contrite posture and says, "I apologize, Baron, for wasting your time with allegations that could not be proven. Although Master Delthrin, may his soul be at peace, may have had some connection to the smuggling case, as the testimony showed, I realize that he had long been a protector and ally of this city and its people.

"I know that suspicions and tenuous connections warrant investigation, but not violation of your laws. Unfortunately, as we now know, Archedius and Rardi Silverhelm felt otherwise, with tragic results for everyone. Inovidil was swept along, and I thank you for the wisdom you showed in your judgment on her.

"In coming to your city and using the 'Redman' identity, I wanted to walk around freely and, yes, explore the history of this region and its people. I also wanted to help a city that had suffered greatly. I apologize that I have not done so.

"With your permission, I shall continue as 'Master Redman' and, through my actions, do my best to compensate this city for its loss. 'Master Redman' shall not trouble you again with any reports unless you directly request to see me or unless I have clear evidence of wrongdoing, not conjecture.

"And, as myself, I do look forward to a quieter time when we can discuss history, your lordship. It truly is a pervasive interest of mine."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana smiles enthusiastically

"many thanks! I will make sure the temple is paid back: and indeed yourself. But perhaps you will hold onto this money for me? I have nowhere secure to store it, and I would never forgive myself if it were stolen."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Ildool's House-

''You speak fairly, Master Zilfarrik. I think we all understand what happened. Don't imagine that I am displeased with your personal conduct. You have only acted according to the dictates of your conscience, after all.''

Lord Ildool makes a dismissive gesture with his right hand, as if to sweep away recent controversies.

''I do hope you won't think me rude, but I am afraid that this must be a short audience. I have to prepare for the Regent's visit in three days' time.
You may call upon me again in the future, of course. Simply arrange an interview by sending a messenger. Perhaps you can bring that lovely woman back with you, next time.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Shana smiles enthusiastically

"many thanks! I will make sure the temple is paid back: and indeed yourself. But perhaps you will hold onto this money for me? I have nowhere secure to store it, and I would never forgive myself if it were stolen."
''Of course, of course. No one has ever robbed this temple. Don't worry, things will work out alright for Inovidil.''

Thumast Alfane stands and ventures to lay a hand on Shana's shoulder.

''It will be well. Don't worry, Shana.''

END OF INTERLUDE