Realms of Dread, Chapter Four

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon answers

''I agree with you, Ino, we should strike very soon. As for getting more help from the clergy...There is no temple of Helm in this city. We already have the help of Waukeen's most potent cleric in Marsember. Tymora, your world's luck goddess, she has only a small shrine here. I doubt the Umberlee cultists would help us without exacting some price that even I am not willing to pay, for they are as wicked and cruel as any son of Myrkul. No, Ino, the enemy has chosen well in targeting Morningmist Hall. In one blow, they have destroyed the greater part of Marsember's benevolent clergy. No such help as you describe is available to us. We'll have to make do with what we have.’’

With that, he moves to the door.

''I'm going with Alain, to bring justice to the criminals that murdered all those innocent people. I expect every watchman to do his duty- or give up his star now. We swore an oath, and I for one mean to keep my word.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil sighs.

"Well if we cannot get any help I don't know if is wise go there now. I have used many spells and only our team might not be enough to get all of them, we don't even know their number. I doubt that they will strike again, they got what they wanted as you said, the destroyed the greater part of Marsmeber's benevolent clergy."

With that she follows Jamethon outside.

"Still I'll join you if you decide to go there now."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Bane's hand!''

One of the ordinary watchmen curses as he trips on the door that Ino opens to exit the pub.

'''Scuse me tongue miss! It's this damned sea-fog mixin' wid the smoke- can' see nothin' too well . It's like the sun aint ever comin' up again.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Ino looks at the fog.

"Is this normal? Or is something strange here?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Glim and his brother Threan soon join Ino, Alain, and Jamethon outside the pub.

''Well, at least these three haven't abaondoned the cause of justice, Alain. See, old friend, you aren't alone in this fight.''
Mistress Gyrglass steps out to join the party, as well.

''I'm not dressed for this sort of work, and I'd much rather be asleep at this hour- but one cannot let these blackguards the run of the town, or all Marsember will be a charnelhouse in a tenday. That would be very bad for business! I will aid you as I am able.''
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Ino looks at the fog.

"Is this normal? Or is something strange here?"
Someone answers from out of the fog-

''Little thicker than usual, but it aint nothin too odd fer good ole Marsember, miss. Aint they never told you that summer here's like autumn in Suzail? Heh.''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil looks at the fog again and shrugs.

"I have learnt to never underestimate a fog..."

Tuning to Nissa says:

"Thank you for your help Miss. We will need a cleric by our side for once!"
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Inovidil looks at the fog again and shrugs.

"I have learnt to never underestimate a fog..."

Tuning to Nissa says:

"Thank you for your help Miss. We will need a cleric by our side for once!"
''Yes, of course, Inovidil. It's an honor to help the Watch. Oh, and I want you to know that I am very sorry about Rardi Silverhelm. I gathered the impression that she was a little bit crazy, after I interviewed her on Fishgut Rock, but I'd no idea just how far she would go! I don't suppose that any of us really did.''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Wasn't her...Is in her new body remember. The Rardi Silverhelm we knew might was strange but was a good person and would never do something like that. I think she has totally lost her memories, is another person now."
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

ewancummins wrote:''Well, at least these three haven't abaondoned the cause of justice, Alain. See, old friend, you aren't alone in this fight.''
"Oh, DO be quiet, Jamethon," says Blaise. "If you puff yourself up anymore, I'll have to tie a string around your foot." He steps forward. "Let's simply do this. The Fane's insanity has to come to an end, tonight, before they have a chance to do anything else or flee."

He looks to Inovidil. "Ino, my dear, I've seen people's minds twisted by great beauty and exquisite horror. Don't be so quick to dismiss the idea that Rardi is responsible, and don't yield to mercy or try to appeal to her 'lost memories.' Whatever form she wears now, she's a necromancer and a murderer."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Ken of Ghastria wrote:
ewancummins wrote:''Well, at least these three haven't abaondoned the cause of justice, Alain. See, old friend, you aren't alone in this fight.''
"Oh, DO be quiet, Jamethon," says Blaise. "If you puff yourself up anymore, I'll have to tie a string around your foot." He steps forward. "Let's simply do this. The Fane's insanity has to come to an end, tonight, before they have a chance to do anything else or flee."

He looks to Inovidil. "Ino, my dear, I've seen people's minds twisted by great beauty and exquisite horror. Don't be so quick to dismiss the idea that Rardi is responsible, and don't yield to mercy or try to appeal to her 'lost memories.' Whatever form she wears now, she's a necromancer and a murderer."
Jamethon laughs.

''Ha, Blaise- I knew that you'd not miss this. ''

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain steps out of the fog and approaches the party. His eyes are very watery and he looks about ten years older from stress.

"If anyone has a plan, now would be the time to suggest it. As it stands I know very little of this Myrkul nor of his followers and apart from undead, I know not what to expect. If any of you have knowledge of the fane's layout, members, or beliefs and tactics, we would all benefit from that knowledge."

He waits for a response.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Mistress Gyrglass offers this-

''They are a a secretive lot, but I know where the Fane is located, yes. It is near the Marsh Gate, in the slums. I am afraid that is about all I know of them, though.''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rask may be heard in the near distance, but the haze and pre-dawn darkness conspire to hide him from view. He's talking with someone else whose voice might be familiar- Sergeant Talbot.

''Right you are, Talbot- we'll need a small force, but all top-notch men. ''

''Purple Dragons, sir?''

''Yes, bring them in on this, too. Inform the Purple Dragon Knight-Commander that I need his men to stand in reserve, ready to charge in if open warfare breaks out around the Fane. Make sure he understands that they are to keep some distance until we actually enter- I don't want large bodies of armed men tipping off the suspects!'

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I know Blaise and believe me I'll do the right thing when we meet Breana. Is just sad, that's all. "

When Jamethon asks about Myrku, she says:

"I know some things about them:

Myrkul, also known as the Lord of Bones, is the god of the dead, as opposed to the god of death, which is the province of Bhaal.

Myrkul has a cold, malignant intelligence, and speaks in a high whisper. He is always alert, never sleeps, and is never suprised. He is never known to lose his temper or be anything other than coldly amused when a mortal succeeds in avoiding his directives or chosen fates. His influence in Faerûn is imposed through fear, and he is a master of making mortals terrified of him through his words and deeds. At times, just to remain unpredictable, he seems almost kind and caring. His cowled skull head is known in nightmares all over Faerûn, and he is the one deity that almost all human mortals can picture clearly. Myrkul takes care that all mortals think of him often - he has even been known to materialize beside open graves, scythe in hand, just to gaze around at gathering mourners for a few silent seconds before fading away, in order to remind everyone that he is waiting for them all.

The clergy of Myrkul eare charged to make folk fear and respect death and the power of the almighty Myrkul so that no one stands against the church or tries to thwart its activities. Myrkul's priests are expected to spread the word that touching a priest of Myrkul brings death. They are expected to tell all folk that those in the service of Myrkul had perfect patience and could be trusted utterly - then conduct themselves accordingly. Myrkulyte clergy are expected to teach the stories of past and future doombringers - mortals who roamed the land avenging dead friends, masters, and blood kin to whom they had sworn oaths, and slaying those who scoffed or who held other gods supreme over the Lord of Bones.

You need also to expect many undead there..."

Inovidil looks at both clerics and asks:

"Is there any chance to get some holly water with us? Will be very useful."
- W H A T ! ? !