Realms of Dread, Chapter Four

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:"I was proposing to tell YOU in about six hours, right after we... apprehended her. I have told some other people already. In any case, she charged off before your team went out on your mission, so she wasn't with you to do any damage. I was proposing to ambush and... arrest her about ten seconds after she next showed up to the team, so she wouldn't have had any chance to do damage. As for realising what I've done..."

Shana lets the mask of cool slip slowly away to reveal a calm, cold icy rage

"You DARE to ask me that? How about what YOU have done, you and your Captain? You have recruited a priest of the Black Lord into your group. You have given her legal enforcement powers, and free reign in your city. You have allied yourself with the most vile deity to haunt this world, and YOU DARE TO ASK ME IF I KNOW WHAT I'VE DONE?! Do you know what YOU'VE done? Look out there! Look at the dead! Look at those good men and women, fallen in battle! LOOK AT THEM!"

She glares from Moorkroft to Rask.

"That is what YOU have done. You have tolerated necromancers in your city. You have turned to the Dark God and given his followers power and freedom. And THIS is the result! And what have I done? I have examined your actions and your words, and I decided that you were NOT to be trusted with this information. And I yet see no reason to change my mind!"
Jamethon responds in low voice-

''You disgust me, Shana. You blame everyone but yourself for your own failure of judgment. You deliberately withheld vital information from your comrades. We could have stopped her. You should have at least told us, and given us some say in the matter. I suppose you always do know best, though, don't you, Shana? ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"My brother had spells for silent communication between the party members via magic for the search for the kids . So we could tried to take her in at the Old Shell right after she left . But no one had given us any defining information that she was a suspect in the Temple Killings . " Threan says to Jamethon .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"My brother had spells for silent communication between the party members via magic for the search for the kids . So we could tried to take her in at the Old Shell right after she left . But now one had given us any defining information that she was a suspect in the Temple Killings . " Threan says to Jamethon .

Jamethon replies to Threan-

''Yes, but nothing can be done for it now. We need to focus on catching the ones directly responsible for the massacre and arson. ''
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"Oh, I fully accept responsibility for my lapse of judgement. In fact, I already have done, if you were listening. It just pales into insignifance compared to yours. As for witholding vital information from my comrades... apart from Ino, who i couldn't catch alone, I told all my comrades about it. Look at it from my point of view... you're cheerfully associating with a diabolist, and when I complain you dismiss it, you're in close alliance with a Priestess of Myrkul, and you think fighting necromancers is a terrible idea. How can I possibly trust you with something like this?"

She looks over him coldly.

"As for comrades... are we comrades? Comrades work together. Respect each other. Look out for each other. You've made your contempt for me absolutely clear... for days. I've had serious concerns about some things we've been doing lately. And what was your response? Nothing. Its not that you disagreed with me: I can respect that. You didn't even bother to do that. You ignored me, and called me a witch when I persisted. Oh, I know exactly where being called THAT leads. You stopped being a "Comrade" right then. And you..."

She glares at Alain

"When I tried to talk to you, I was told that we couldn't have any trouble in the group for anything so petty and unimportant as my most basic beliefs. Why should I tell you? Either of you? Why should I think you'd take me seriously, or believe me? I assessed that you would sigh, roll your eyes, and discuss the matter with Breana, thus tipping her off. Can you look me in the eyes and say that was an unreasonable conclusion?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon says to Shana-

''You say you don't trust us, eh? That means that we cannot trust you. You won't be much use to us with that attitude. Why don't you get out of here before I arrest you for obstruction of the King's Justice...''

He lays one hand on the hilt of his rapier and the other on the butt of one of his flintlock pistols.

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"Stop it! Both of you!" Barks Alain, who has now seated himself in the chair he has been supporting himself on.
"Look, we all hate each other. We are all sick of each other. We can't get beyond our personal beliefs to function as a competent team. We with hold information from each other. We are too blinded by our mistrust to see when the enemy has infiltrated us. We are feeding ourselves to the enemy!"

He runs both his hands through his hair, stopping halfway to hold his head up. After another moment he lifts his head and continues.

"But the enemy is still out there. Not in here." He slowly gets up from his chair, his legs shaking as he does so.
"I wish you all could have seen yourselves out there as I had. We were like Lamordian poetry, functioning like a machine. It was beautiful." He pauses, looking quite heartbroken as his eyes wander as if hearing something beautiful in his mind, before he continues.
"We need to act. We can sort out all our grief after this is finished. We can go our separate ways or whatever you all wish, but please, I beg of you, not until we have made things right." He looks from eye to eye, on the verge of breaking himself, with pleading eyes wrought with desperation.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Jamethon relaxes.

''Yes, yes of course you are right. Our true enemy awaits us: the traitor Rardi Silverhelm and her Myrkulite allies. ''

Rask clears his throat and nods approvingly at the bard.

Dawnbringer Harmond speaks up-

''The candle burns low and we have but one question left us. What shall I ask?''

kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"There you go again. I will NOT "get beyond my personal beliefs". Beliefs are IMPORTANT. Morals are IMPORTANT. It is EXACTLY not caring about beliefs that caused what happened tonight! we need to care MORE, not less!"

Shana takes a deep breath.

"however, you are right... the traitor and the Myrkulites are the problem now. Do we know where they are based? Is there a public temple? a brief rundown of the opposition we could expect there might be useful..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:"There you go again. I will NOT "get beyond my personal beliefs". Beliefs are IMPORTANT. Morals are IMPORTANT. It is EXACTLY not caring about beliefs that caused what happened tonight! we need to care MORE, not less!"

Shana takes a deep breath.

"however, you are right... the traitor and the Myrkulites are the problem now. Do we know where they are based? Is there a public temple? a brief rundown of the opposition we could expect there might be useful..."
Jamethon suggests-

''Well, we have only question left- maybe we should ask the dead man where his base of operations is located?''

BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Alain can no longer maintain his baring. He gets in Shana's face and with but the slightest whisper so only she may here, he hisses;

"Are you so completely self absorbed that you cannot place aside your personal beliefs to serve the greater good? I agree that morals are important. Beliefs are important. But rattling off your mouth like some spoiled child who cannot have its way while bodies are smoldering outside and while children are being stolen away in the night is beyond non sense! For your information what happened tonight was because evil men and women set forth to see this happen. It was further nurtured by the fact that those of in charge of investigating it and putting a stop to it could not put aside our personal differences and work as a team. If you are going to continue acting like a spoiled brat, have your tantrum out in the street and let us, the ones who have no morals or beliefs, do what is right and put an end to this!"

At this point, Alain looks as if his eyes are about to burst forth with tears. His whole body is shaking and his breath comes and goes with sharp and ragged bursts. In a voice that everyone can hear he says, "Ask whatever question you all want. When you are done form up outside and we will plan our next move. Those of us who are going that is."

He then moves past everyone and heads outside.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Fane of Myrkul

Breana looks out to the gathered priests and priestesses of the
Fane. She speaks in a loud voice "Fellow Myrkulites, we have done
stupendously. The Temple of Lathander is no more! And Myrkul himself
graced us with his presence. He must definitely be pleased to show himself to us indeed!"
The priestess cackles with glee, laughter rolling around the Fane.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:Alain can no longer maintain his baring. He gets in Shana's face and with but the slightest whisper so only she may here, he hisses;

"Are you so completely self absorbed that you cannot place aside your personal beliefs to serve the greater good? I agree that morals are important. Beliefs are important. But rattling off your mouth like some spoiled child who cannot have its way while bodies are smoldering outside and while children are being stolen away in the night is beyond non sense! For your information what happened tonight was because evil men and women set forth to see this happen. It was further nurtured by the fact that those of in charge of investigating it and putting a stop to it could not put aside our personal differences and work as a team. If you are going to continue acting like a spoiled brat, have your tantrum out in the street and let us, the ones who have no morals or beliefs, do what is right and put an end to this!"

At this point, Alain looks as if his eyes are about to burst forth with tears. His whole body is shaking and his breath comes and goes with sharp and ragged bursts. In a voice that everyone can hear he says, "Ask whatever question you all want. When you are done form up outside and we will plan our next move. Those of us who are going that is."

He then moves past everyone and heads outside.
Ironheart has listened to Alain with attention.

He raises an eyebrow and manages a lame grin to Shana:

"What a bard. If you lay with me, I break him into two for you."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Fane of Myrkul

Breana looks out to the gathered priests and priestesses of the
Fane. She speaks in a loud voice "Fellow Myrkulites, we have done
stupendously. The Temple of Lathander is no more! And Myrkul himself
graced us with his presence. He must definitely be pleased to show himself to us indeed!"
The priestess cackles with glee, laughter rolling around the Fane.
One of the acolytes breaks out the beer and the party starts. Someone commands a pair of skeletons to dance on one of the tables.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Rask says-

''I'm waiting...''

Jamethon speaks to Harmond-

''Please inquire as to the location of the villains' base of operations.''

Harmond relays the question to the corpse of Vakros-

''Where is the base of operations for you and your confederates?''

''Fane...the Fane of Myrkul''

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Inovidil has hard time to believe that her companion Rardi was behind the murders and the fire. She has met Breana only for some minutes but even this short time was enough to suspect her. Clerics or Myrkul were evil and cruel and Brena seems to be both...

During the animated discussion between Jamethon and Shana the evoker prefers to stay impartial. Both have a point and is very difficult to make them change their minds.

When Alain speaks and says that they should start working like a team again Inovidil nods and says:

"He is right, we are a team and companions. We have passed many hard times together, both in the Land of Mists and here and regardless everything we always supported and help each other. Well this is what we have to do now, put aside our pride, our differences and everything and concentrate on the important things. We need to take some action now we finally know who was behind the attack. The clerics of Myrkul are known for their cruelty and love of undead so we need powerful clerics with us. Now that the temple of MorningLord is destroyed we need to head to other temples, like Helm or other good deities. We shouldn't give up, we need to get Breana and the other responsible of the all this. I know that might sound crazy but I think that this is the right time to go to the fane and attack them back. Breana is clever she will know that by now we have figured out who is responsible for the fire at the temple. She knows the cleric spells. So if we delay they will get more organized, now they have already casted spells, have lost undead and more important are happy with their victory! The y don't expect an attack! Tomorrow they will get their spells back and have gotten more undead so will be more difficult to win. I say go to the temple of Helm and ask if their clerics can join us and then head there."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!