Back to Basics Chapter 1: Where are we ?

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Back to Basics Chapter 1: Where are we ?

Post by kintire »

Alia blinks.

"plane of ex...?"

She catches herself as the others seem to take this remark quite casually

"Your hospitality is an oasis of delight in a desolate world, master!"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Zilfer wrote:"Thanks for the tea," says Arnulf probably standing up before any of them and almost half way out the door before waiting for a responce and the rest of the party to "catch up".
Dalorna thanks Ping for his hospitality and then politely excuses herself to join her brother near the door.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Thank you for your time Master Ping"

Says Sara and joins the others at the front door.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

As Huln gets to his feet he sets the untouched cup of tea aside. "I find it very interesting that you mention word of these priests of Bane. I once had the pleasure of taking part in a university excavation in which we delved into a long abandoned temple of a god of the same name." Following the others to the door he adds, "If you might find it mutually beneficial I would appreciate the opportunity to compare what you know of these priests and see how they compare with the followers I am aware of." He stops near the door and turns to the old man. "Also, I do not recall if I had mentioned this, but I gave lectures at university in regards to planar theory. I would be greatly interested in hearing your own experiences." With that he gives ping a friendly enough smile and awaits a response before leaving with the others.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Not as far as I know, you have not mentioned your knowledge on planes . If you wish we can speak on it when you get back from exploring the "mine" some more . Good luck on your explorations ."Pings says in farewell .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

After gathering there gear for the short journey to mine the party is on it's way to explore the next level of the mine .

The party comes upon a familiar grove of trees on the way to mine and Arnulf and Huln spot a pair of giant spiders hidden in the trees above the game trail that goes though the grove .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

"Watch out above!" came Arnulf's call as he loaded a bullet into the sling, and let it fly almost with a sense of practice, drawn from years of his misadventures with a sling. He lets the bullet fly at the nearest spider, almost instantly realizing something was wrong with this shot.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Roofdrak
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Roofdrak »

Isidar readies her hammer and scans the treeline where she saw Arnulf aim his sling.
RuthRogan, RuthRogan, she's as strong as a fightin' man!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

At Arnulfs shout and slinging a shoot at the spiders that is way off and no where near where the spiders actually are . Sara quickly moves away from the game trail on her horse she pulls her guns and takes two shoots at one of the spiders in the trees . It is hard to see as they are concealed in trees but Sara seems to hit with both shoots them at the screech of pain that comes from where she was aiming .
Alia starts to sing a battle hymn as she and Huln moves farther from the grove on their mounts . Alia also pulls out her crossbow. On seeing where Sara shoots seen to hit something in the trees . Isidar spots the spiders above the game trail that goes into the tree grove . She disregards Arnulfs bad aim on seeing that Sara shoots seem to connect . Dalorna also moves back little more from where she was in the back waiting to do something .
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

The giant spiders partially come out of the trees to shoot there webbing at Sara .
The party wonders at how they catch there prey at the abysmal aim that they show as they are way off the mark in there webbing shots at Sara .

Right after the Spiders com out of hiding to try to hit Sara with there webbing, Dalorna says the words of arcane power . With that two steaks of golden light hit each Spider .
The spider that Sara hit already seems to sway on its legs as the magic force hits it .
The other barely moves as it is hit by the same magic force though .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dalorna shouts to the Professor-
''Any ideas, sir? Do you think burning the web would cause a big forest fire?"
Last edited by ewancummins on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

After attacking one of the spiders with both of her pistols Sara pulls back to reload them . As Zilfer takes a shoot at the spider that Sara hit two times with her pistols, it drops from the tree with dull thunk as his sling stone pulps its head . As this is happening Huln stays back out of range of the spiders webs and prepares to heal anyone that has been injured by the spiders . Alia tries to injure the still living spider with her crossbow and misses as her bolt goes off into the grove somewhere no where close to the still living spider . That spider tries to web Zilfer and hit with its webbing . After this turn of events Dalorna tries to go to her bothers aid by hit the webbing strand a spell produced splash of acid unfortunately her aim is as poor as the spiders was against Sara and misses .
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Arnulf finds himself amongst sticky web all around him as the other spider has died. The other spider is trying to drag him he realizes and grabs ahold of the silky web and begins trying to resist the pull. "Hey! Stupid spider, go away before we smash you like a bug!" yells Arnulf in defiance as he strains against the web.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf