Back to Basics Chapter 1: Where are we ?

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Back to Basics Chapter 1: Where are we ?

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"As ready as ever I fear." The professor replies through a crooked smile. "Master Ping's interest in our predicament is disturbing as per usual."
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

On the way to Pings house the group is hailed by the towns people as it makes it's way to visit his house as requested . They arrive in front of his house to see him tending to some plants outside his home . He gets up as your group approaches, dusting off his knees in the process . "Please come in ."Inviting the group into his home .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Arnulf stoles in after a moment of observing Ping again. He smiles boyishly before walking in.

"We explored the cave yesterday, and found a few interesting things. Is that why you wanted to see us this morning?" asked Arnulf quizzically. He scratched the back of his head thinking back to the discussion earlier and all the things they had found in the cave.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara walks in behind Arnulf.

"Good morning Mister Ping."

The young woman prefers let the others do the talking so she can study Ping's reaction, if was necessary she could ask her questions later.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Alia steps in quietly behind the others and remains towards the back of the group
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Yes, I was wondering if you founding anything of interest in the Cave or did you say it was actually a mine you say ?"Ping says as he takes a chair at a table that has some brewed tea in pot on it by the smell of it that wafts to those in party . When the party enters Pings house it is to drawing room like he interviewed them before, but with Enough chairs everyone in the group to sit down if they wish . There is several more Cups on the table for those who also wish to have some tea .
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

Arnulf takes a seat down, picks up a cup and sniffs it. Unfortunately, it didn't smell exactly like what Arnulf would have preferred in the morning. He took a sip just to be polite before shrugging. The other's didn't seem to be much in a talkative mood and prior conversation from last night seemed that most of the group had advised against lying to the mage so he felt confident enough to let Ping know a few things they had found.

"We fought some sort of monster, in there. We think it might have been guarding a vault. Other than that we aren't done exploring. It was getting late, so we came back," said Arnulf before poking around for Ping's knowledge of the subject of the cave. "Any idea what else we might find there or any knowledge of old mining expedition's into this area?"
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

On seeing the tea, Alia slips forward and pours, politely offering cups to each of the group as well as Ping if he seems to be running low. She stands at the back of the group listening to the conversation and refilling tea cups if they seem to be running low.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara declines politely the cup of tea and waits to see Ping's reaction when Arnulf mentioned the vault. It is not the most common thing to find in an abbandoned mine and will mean a lot to know if Ping actually knew that was a vault down there or no as his reaction that they didn't manage to open it.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Professor Aumnoir takes the offered cup of tea with a polite smile and a grateful nod to Ping. He holds it in his lap as he listens to the others go over the story of the previous day.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dalorna adds-
"I think the monster was a sort of wormlike creature called a grick."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Roofdrak
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Roofdrak »

Isidar gladly takes a cup of tea from Alia and gulps it down. "Thank you for your hospitality, Master Ping. We are very interested in going back to the mine. But, we would like to be prepared for what we might encounter, especially after yesterday's experiences. Do you know what may be deeper in the mines? Do you know how long the mines have been abandoned?" Isidar leans back, awaiting a reply.
RuthRogan, RuthRogan, she's as strong as a fightin' man!
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"What Vault ? I know nothing of any Vault . All the info I gave you before was the extent of my knowledge . If you have any specific questions on a subject that I may answer I will if I can . The "mine" has been there longer than I have been in the area . Nothing came out of the cave so I did not trouble my self with exploring it ."Ping replies after taking a sip of his tea . Whispering a thank you for asking about a refill and declining .

Those making Sense Motive Checks feel that Ping is hiding nothing and is just curious is all .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dalorna says-
''We will learn more about the mine tomorrow, I hope. In the meantime, perhaps Master Ping would enterain us with a tale of his own adventures."

She turns to face her host.

"For instance, I'm sure we'd all be delighted to learn more about how it is you came to live in this sleepy little fishing village, Master Ping. What brought you here?"

Sipping her tea, she waits for a reply...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Roofdrak
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Roofdrak »

Isidar thanks Alia after Alia refills her mug. She leans back, "Yes, Master Ping, I would enjoy hearing a tale of your adventures, as well."
RuthRogan, RuthRogan, she's as strong as a fightin' man!