The Red Death's Renegades

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Red Death's Renegades

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Okay, so 'Renegades' are "servants of the Red Death who broke away from their masters (other servants of the Red Death placed above them), but have failed to attract a following of their own to pursue their agendas".

Are there any records of Renegades who also turned on the Red Death entire and either struggled to redeem themselves or to become wholly independent evils?
(Because once you start rebelling, why stop?)
Cromstar
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Re: The Red Death's Renegades

Post by Cromstar »

Is it my imagination or was there something about Imhotep trying to fix this whole mess he's responsible for after breaking free from the Red Death that turned him undead?
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wow. That sounds like quite the adventure path...!
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I imagine at least a few might be involved with the Six Fingered Hand, the Chaotic Evil cabal that is determined to destroy the Red Death entirely, even though it necessitates in their view the destruction of the entire world in the process.

There were two other potential renegades I recall being mentioned. Jessik, a wolfwere and leader of the Sleeping Wolf quabal described in Dungeon 67, was a demilord rank servant of the Red Death who hated her master, Andrew Warren and was considering betraying him. She could become a Renegade. One of Dracula's vampire wives, Marusca Vitez, was another servant possibly planning to betray her master, as described in A Guide to Transylvania (p. 89-90).
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Lesser Evil wrote:I imagine at least a few might be involved with the Six Fingered Hand, the Chaotic Evil cabal that is determined to destroy the Red Death entirely, even though it necessitates in their view the destruction of the entire world in the process.
Hoho...! There's not much about them on Mistipedia, but they sound interesting. Can you tell me more?
The Lesser Evil wrote:One of Dracula's vampire wives, Marusca Vitez, was another servant possibly planning to betray her master, as described in A Guide to Transylvania (p. 89-90).
She's got her work cut out for her, what with the sire/spawn bond of obedience, and Dracula being an old soldier.