The 2E Era Modules/Supplements

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Number Six
Conspirator
Conspirator

The 2E Era Modules/Supplements

Post by Number Six »

My fiancee and I are about to embark upon a 2nd edition game of MotRD and I'm on the lookout for any modules/supplements I might have missed.

So far I have:

-Guide to Gothic Earth + The Red Trilogy (the boxed set)
-Jigsaw (Dungeon 61)
-Falls Run (Dungeon 67)
-Dark Magic in New Orleans (Dungeon 71)
-Donning a New Masque - new kits and character sheet (Dragon 215)
-Villains of Gothic Earth (Dragon Annual 2)

I also have an order placed for the Gothic Earth Gazetteer (which I like the look of). The Guide to Transylvania... eh... doesn't excite me nearly as much.

Have I missed anything?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: The 2E Era Modules/Supplements

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I believe that might be it for 2e, as far as published stuff. Then there's of course the RPGA Living Death modules, but those are tough to find. And there's the 3e version of the setting, too..

There's a ton of fan-made stuff in the Book of S___ series and our netbooks in the Library, too.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Number Six
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Number Six »

Thanks for the response. I've downloaded all of the netbook material in the Library. Fantastic stuff, all of it.

The RPGA modules, yeah, can barely find any trace of them. They seem quite interesting, based on what little information I can gather. I'd readily purchase them if the powers that be ever decided to make them available again.

Was there any other 3E MotRD material besides the main book? I have to admit, I'm one of those 'old schoolers' who don't particularly care for iterations of D&D post-2nd edition, so I never really paid any attention to what was being released at the time. I find most modules and supplements are easy enough to adapt to different iterations of the rules, though.

(And if there's some kind of 'MotRD checklist' out there that I've completely bypassed, I apologize for my ignorance).
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Nope, nothing for 3e beyond the main book, but some stuff in there could easily be adapted to 2e.

No checklist that I'm aware of. Right now, Mistipedia has a single category for Masque stuff that includes products, NPCs, places, etc, so it's not real helpful. maybe we need to split that:

http://fraternityofshadows.com/wiki/Cat ... _Red_Death
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

You might also consider getting the Nightmare Lands Boxed set. The Guide to Transylvania states that the Nightmare Court reaches into Gothic Earth, and indeed there is a special member who haunts Gothic Earth (the Red-haired Child). Dragon 339 (admittedly, a 3e article) seems to indicate Dr. Ilhousen (along with Dr. Dominani) also exist on Gothic Earth if their correspondence is any indication. Although that Dragon article was just an article on various madness inducing spells ('Dr. Heinfroth's Manual of Methods') it does go so far as to say Dr. Dominani exists in Boston. Admittedly, Dr. Illhousen with his advanced psychology/psychoanalytic methods seems to work better in a more modern setting than Nova Vaasa, so you could probably use him too (his clinic is also detailed in the Nightmare Lands boxed set).

Edit: You're also missing two dragon articles for MotRD. 212 has an article with psychic kits and proficiencies. 240 (Mysterious cities) details a number of Gothic Earth city locations. 249 (Seeds of Evil) reviews using the various 2e historical reference books with Gothic Earth and talks about the Red Death's effects on history. It also details a new monster (the knight terror).
Number Six
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Number Six »

Thanks, Lesser Evil. Think I have Dragon 212 in a box somewhere, but I'll definitely have to check out the other issues you mentioned.

Masque is such a great setting, IMO. Sadly, it just didn't get much support in terms of published material.