Falls Run

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Falls Run

Post by steveflam »

Anyone played this adventure? I just finished it! It was absolutely fantastic ;)

Our group consists of a Mystic, Adept and a Tradesman[me].

My pc is a woman Pinkerton. Yes one of the first women to be accepted into the Pinkertons as well as very well versed in Medicine and Healing.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Falls Run

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Is that the one with the train?

I haven't played it, but it seemed cool enough that I considered adapting it to Ravenloft.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Yes, the train and the small town of Fall Run.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Lesser Evil »

I ran this one as a start-up for a new campaign in Pathfinder for my homebrew steampunk/Victorian setting. It was fun but a bit slow-going until the cult began their attack against the PCs.

I did some fleshing out of the blacksmith and made him a retired monster hunter (a 4th level ranger) who was an old enemy of the main baddy of the story. Of course, he began following the PCs around to make sure they didn't get into trouble. Of course, they at first suspected he was involved with the killings and such.

I think the thing that spooked the characters the most was the wrathful ghost. One of my favorite scenes was when he tried to off the dullard train investigator who was interfering with the train investigations. Wrestling the floating gun out of the ghost's telekinetic grip (marked only with ghostly fires) was memorable, as was seeing his spectral face on the train and in the bar.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Again playing a woman? ;)
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)