My (!) conversation with Wolfgang Baur... (about RL)

Discussing all roleplaying games
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

My (!) conversation with Wolfgang Baur... (about RL)

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Hello everyone,

I am a big Wolfgang Baur (Kobold Press) fan.

As such, I have a LOT of his products... I was exchanging emails with him the other day (about boring customs stuff into Canada) and I mentioned Ravenloft to him.

Here's his reply to my questions about (a loosely called) interview / survey to bring attention to KP with our FoS crowd here: ''Survey sounds interesting, and I appreciate you talking up Kobold books to the Ravenloft crowd as well (I've been aiming for dark fantasy as a genre in a LOT of Kobold books and adventures).''

So if you have ANY questions / thoughts / comments about Kobold Press products in relation to dark(er) RPGs / how to integrate them into RL, please let me know!

I am writing a small ''interview'' to send to Wolfgang.

DISCLAIMER: I have NEVER done a real interview with anyone before, so I am flying by the seat of my pants here! :)
This might feel like my ramblings at times... and I am NOT promising anything specific on Wolfgang's part. This is ME sending him questions and comments and HIM being VERY NICE and taking time in a (I can only imagine) very busy schedule of running a business and a live Kickstarter campaign.

So whatever he sends / replies is what we get because he is a NICE GUY. (Seriously.)

So let me know your thoughts and questions!

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
Jonathan Winters
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: My (!) conversation with Wolfgang Baur... (about RL)

Post by Jonathan Winters »

Ok, I've sent Wolfgang my ramblings, pointed him in this general direction.

There are 6 (?) days left to his Kickstarter campaign for his Paths Compendium, so he might be VERY busy.

I don't know when, I don't know how, but I am sure he will reply sooner or later. In some way! Ha! ha! ha! (He is very nice that way.)

I'll keep you guys posted.

Patrick
Mysteries of Darkon (AKA Miranda Cornelius' Journal)
On hiatus while visiting Ptolus, City by the Spire, new RL-inspired campaign: Madness Rising!
www.bullonir.wikidot.com
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: My (!) conversation with Wolfgang Baur... (about RL)

Post by The Giamarga »

There’s a Dragon article authored by him in Dragon 198 titled Campaign Journal: Scimitars against the Dark

This article gives tips how to create a dark, Ravenloft-flavored version of the Al-Qadim setting named Dark Arabia.

Ask him about that. Did he run such a campaign? Is it tied to him being mentioned as playtester and reviewer Wolfgang “Necromancer King” Baur in the 2e Complete Necromancer’s Guide? (Which has a mini campaign on an island in Al Qadim inhabited by a lich .