Wayfinder #13 focus on Ustalav - free download

Books, movies, television and everything else
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Wayfinder #13 focus on Ustalav - free download

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

http://paizo.com/store/blog&source=mail ... 48dyo5lhjd

When the headline in the paizo newsletter is "Vampires in the Mists," I click on it. :)

I haven't read it yet, but Pathfinder's Wayfinder magazine focuses on Ustalav, their gothic horror land, this month. So, it should have some Ravenloft-applicable stuff. And the digital version is free! So, get it while you can. Don't know how long that will be the case.

ETA: It's a fanzine, actually. Didn't realize that. so, I assume it will continue to be free? dunno... still, looks great!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Re: Wayfinder #13 focus on Ustalav - free download

Post by Jester of the FoS »

The intro mentions the sneaky Ravenloft reference in the name of a vampire's castle.
Alastor
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Wayfinder #13 focus on Ustalav - free download

Post by Alastor »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:ETA: It's a fanzine, actually. Didn't realize that. so, I assume it will continue to be free? dunno... still, looks great!
It looks like it will continue to be free; it's still possible to get past issues of the same fanzine (I picked up a copy of issue #11, dealing with the devil-influenced country of Cheliax, at the same time).

Wayfinder was an interesting contrast to QtR as a fanzine. The articles tended to be very short, and many of them were mechanics-heavy, making it difficult to use much of the information if you don't use Pathfinder.

There were a few things that looked as if they would carry over well even into a non-Pathfinder game. I particularly like the "Weal and Woe" article (one friendly NPC, one hostile) dealing with rival opera singers. The good opera singer had a list of past adventures she had participated in, which would be good inspiration for a short campaign focused around an opera house in Dementlieu or Richemulot.

Also interesting that you have the option to pay for a print copy. Would WotC allow something like that for a D&D fanzine?

Thank you for pointing this out, Gonzoron!
Above the conquered folk,
the draconic citadel
awaits rebellion.

Not the daimon, just a namesake.