R.I.P. Sir Christopher Lee

Books, movies, television and everything else
Skyrock
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

R.I.P. Sir Christopher Lee

Post by Skyrock »

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/201 ... r-lee-dead

I know that this isn't normally the place for celeb stuff, but if Sir Christopher Lee warrants no exception on a Ravenloft board, no one does.

The Hammer films of Christopher Lee have probably been more formative for my image of Ravenloft than any other media.
It is also extremely hard to think of anyone who had an even remotely more rich life. He was a WW2 commando, nazi hunter, actor (with over 300 roles), opera singer, knight, metal singer and a polyglot who collected languages like other people collect stamps. The world is going to be a much poorer und bleaker place without him.
Nun gut, es sei dir überlassen!
Zieh diesen Geist von seinem Urquell ab
Und führ ihn, kannst du ihn erfassen
Auf deinem Wege mit herab.
- Faust I
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: R.I.P. Sir Christopher Lee

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Skyrock wrote:I know that this isn't normally the place for celeb stuff, but if Sir Christopher Lee warrants no exception on a Ravenloft board, no one does.
Agreed. I was going to post about if you hadn't. I would say it's a sad day, but in a world where a lot of great talents have sadly short lives, Sir Christopher had an amazingly long, varied, and accomplished one, so it's not so sad after all. I can only hope to be singing metal songs, dressing up as a wizard, and dueling with lightsabers into my 80's and 90's like he did. Farewell, Dracula. Say hi to Van Helsing for us. I'll watch a Hammer film in your honor this week.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote:
Skyrock wrote:I know that this isn't normally the place for celeb stuff, but if Sir Christopher Lee warrants no exception on a Ravenloft board, no one does.
Agreed. I was going to post about if you hadn't. I would say it's a sad day, but in a world where a lot of great talents have sadly short lives, Sir Christopher had an amazingly long, varied, and accomplished one, so it's not so sad after all. I can only hope to be singing metal songs, dressing up as a wizard, and dueling with lightsabers into my 80's and 90's like he did. Farewell, Dracula. Say hi to Van Helsing for us. I'll watch a Hammer film in your honor this week.

He was good as Sherlock Holmes too!
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Oh course, if films have taught us anything, its only a matter of time before his grave is struck by lightening, doused in blood, or subject to some sort of demonic ritual.
Inevitably, Sr. Christopher Lee will walk the Earth once more, pursued by some reincarnation of Peter Cushing and also someone named Paul.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

No doubt, ressurected by Vincent Price who passed away exactly a week before halloween and surely rose at midnight on that holiday to walk the earth ever since moving his evil schemes forward.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

To me he will always be King Haggard
Sathien
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Sathien »

Just gonna leave this here: