Kolchak the Night Stalker

Books, movies, television and everything else
Gravesguard
Conspirator
Conspirator

Kolchak the Night Stalker

Post by Gravesguard »

I just finished watching through the original series, and it's definitely held up as one of my absolute favorite shows. I especially think it does a good job with its focus on investigation and updating old myths to the period. If you havent given it a watch, i found both movies and all the episodes on youtube.

The episode about the witch, the biker gang, and the succubus especially stick out to me. There's a book with the scripts to some unfinished episodes I'd like to buy, I felt the show was really hitting a stride where it ends.

I was curious if anyone has watched the Night Stalker remake from a few years back? I'm thinking of tracking that down next.

Also: such a great theme
https://youtu.be/FfmK8YUdSpY
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Kolchak the Night Stalker

Post by Jack of Tears »

The "Night Stalker" remake was terrible, it had none of the charm of the original. I think most of us here loved the original series and the two movies; I once frequented fanfiction sites where I found some excellent (and a lot of terrible) material to help pick up where the show drops off. I recently had a character in an urban fantasy game who was inspired by Kolchak.