RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter Thirteen

Online roleplaying at the Café
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away, Chapter Thirteen

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Klokulf looks over at the small conference gathered to discuss the incantation, and says, "Only studying the ritual will tell us if we can send anyone back in a safe manner, though I do not hold out hope for such things when it comes to dark magic."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict nods. "The key could help. I'll have to fetch it, but I don't like leaving this place unguarded." He looks at Kat. "I also don't like the idea of travelling alone. It's led to...complications in the past. Mind accompanying me, Fraulein?"

Assuming she tags along, he will depart to fetch the key.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Dorgio makes the rounds, healing his comrade's cuts and bruises and banishing their fatigue.

Work continues on the heap growing over the portal pool in the center of the room (objects dropped in sink a few inches and freeze in place, but can easily be pulled loose), and soon the black circle is totally concealed under busted door frames and shelving, with a slowly increasing mound of building stones, gun fragments, and other junk atop that.

Once or twice, faint scraping sounds rise from the depths.

But nothing pushes through the barrier and the noises soon stop entirely.

It may have only been the weight settling.

END OF CHAPTER
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)