Players seeking PbP Games / PbP DMs seeking players

Online roleplaying at the Café
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Players seeking PbP Games / PbP DMs seeking players

Post by Zilfer »

As far as I can tell the site has been here at least until they stopped publishing Ravenloft Products but probably made a bit before even that.
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Hey guys. How's it going?

How are the plots going? Anyone turn into a darklord, yet? Any openings? ;D
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

openings:

Ravenloft: The One that Got Away

Crabclaw
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
endianprime
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by endianprime »

This is a check for general interests in a Ravenloft Play by Post game here at the FoS forums. There's no sound or solid idea yet, I'm just checking to see who'd be interested. There are some general ideas / concepts for the game which I will put forward to help show kinda what I'm looking at.

I'm looking to Storytell for the game, I'm thinking heavy roleplay and plot, intriguing action, mystery and suspense, all the things that make a great gothic horror game.

I don't plan on it being a simply defined game such as an over-arching problem or villain, though one may come up, I wouldn't lable the game as a 'Campaign'.

I'm not opposed to more interesting races, specifically from the Ravenloft setting. I would want characters, particularly more unusual ones with some meat to their origins or feelings. Below are two examples to help define what I'm talking about.

I'm gonna play a tragically conceived man, built by science and a complicated, possibly mad doctor who pieced me together from parts of the dead and breathed life into me with lightning. I have boundless capacity for love and a harrowing wrath, I'm tossed between them as I search for acceptance and respond to rejection with violence and destruction.

v.s.

I'm gonna play a science experiment gone wrong with 10 times the strength of mortal men and whose nearly bullet proof.

In this blatant example one person wants to play a character and the other wants to play a skill or power set. So when I'm looking (this game or otherwise) at unusual player options, I keep an eye out for the latter. Kinda doubt that will be an issue here.

All that being said, lets get this ball rolling,

Does this interest any one?

What do you want out of this game?

I'm really looking to kinda make a game around what the players are looking for.
"I am the land"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

There is now one opening in my Lost Trails pbp.

7th level PC
good alignment recommended
standard wealth-by level
Forgotten Realms native
most 'official' 3.5 stuff from WotC books allowed/considered but no Vile Darkness and no psionics
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

Interested. Any chance for a synopsis of the current arc and party composition?

I'd definitely catch up on that-which-has-gone-before, of course, but there's a lot. Pretty much a zero percent chance I would be able to catch up and get a character pitch put together in any sort of timely fashion.

Side-question. Is this tale to be set entirely within the Realms, or will there be a Ravenloft arc planned as well?

Doesn't change my interest level ... was just curious when I saw that Lost Trails was on chapter 14 and still in the FR.
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

SkiBird wrote: Side-question. Is this tale to be set entirely within the Realms, or will there be a Ravenloft arc planned as well?
Belay my last! :wink:

I've done some catching up and answered my own question.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

SkiBird wrote:Interested. Any chance for a synopsis of the current arc and party composition?

I'd definitely catch up on that-which-has-gone-before, of course, but there's a lot. Pretty much a zero percent chance I would be able to catch up and get a character pitch put together in any sort of timely fashion.

Side-question. Is this tale to be set entirely within the Realms, or will there be a Ravenloft arc planned as well?

Doesn't change my interest level ... was just curious when I saw that Lost Trails was on chapter 14 and still in the FR.
You don't need to catch up to enter play, as you'd be playing someone who is just joining the party.

I answered some questions in PM. Your guesses were pretty close.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Curse of the Witch King

For now, two slots are open. We have three active PCs, so the game will proceed with 3--5 PCs.

Forgotten Realms/Ravenloft crossover
3.5 rules

7th level PC
random roll (you can do it right here on FoS) or 25 point buy for abilities
standard wealth-by level
Forgotten Realms native
most 'official' 3.5 stuff from WotC books allowed or at least considered but please no Book of Vile Darkness and no psionics
recommended alignments:
non-chaotic and non evil

recommended classes:
ranger
fighter
barbarian

Right now we have a thief, a cleric, and a blast-it wizrobe type. :azalin:
Any sort of martial character would round out the party nicely. The party is deficient in wilderness and animal handling skillsets. But don't feel constrained to play a martial type or an outdoorsy guy if you have a different idea.

New players won't have missed anything much. The party is still planning its expedition to Vaasa.

Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Searching players to test my Mistworld, Pathfinder 1 Rules

If you are interested PM me.
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

Campaig specifics

Classes, all those in the Archive of Nethys database,
Races, those of Jester's Pathfinder conversion book.
Starting Level 5;
Ability score:Point Buying, 20 points
Alignement: any Good.
Character origins: Natives, the characters are members of the Wandering Crow Society, an organization which helps the good fight all across the Core and beyond; Currently, they have just arrived in Tepest from the south and they need to meet a Falkovnian resistence fighter at the northern border. They can be from any domain, obviously backgrounds shall be discussed separately.;
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Let me invite you to a game.

You are a child, a human child between the ages of 6 and 13.
You are a normal child.
You live in a normal town, Haiblestop, deep in the woods. There used to be another town across the river, but it died when the lumber mill and the mine were closed. All perfectly normal.
Haiblestop is a town in the state of Aixen, which is one of the Independent States. All perfectly normal.
You go to a normal school, either Haiblestop Public School, or else to the Ezran school at the edge of the river. All perfectly normal.
You take normal classes, you do normal homework, you play normal games after school with your normal friends. Your parents drive normal cars. You listen to normal songs on the radio. You watch normal black and white movies down at the Cinema. You take normal safety drills before classes; just in case one of the other 'States declares war and decides to drop the Bomb on Ainex.
All perfectly normal.

Life is so safe and normal, it's boring. You are really looking forward to the upcoming All Hallow's Eve, the one night that isn't normal. On All Hallow's Eve, you get to wear your costume and walk around outside at night to collect candy and play pranks. This year, you've also been chosen to go into the woods and tell scary stories at The Place.

The Place is a kind-of sacred pagan spot in the woods; a small clearing with a tree stump that's been eroded into a natural seat and an old fire pit. By tradition, every five years, a group of children is selected by lottery to go to The Place on All Hallow's Eve, light the fire, eat their treats, and tell scary stories. Come the dawn and everyone who survives all the children return home.

This is all. Perfectly. Normal.

It sounds fun, right?

All you need to bring is your child character, ready for an evening of fun... and a scary story to tell.
It's sure to be safe. Everything's normal. There's bound to be an adult keeping watch over you in secret, because that's the way this goes, right?
Everything's... normal.

Character Creation:
VIEW CONTENT:
Character creation:
The name of the game is Advanced Fighting Fantasy 2e.
You start with the following characteristics:
SKILL 4
STAMINA 8
LUCK 8
MAGIC 0
You have 8 points that you can distribute among these qualities, but with the following limitations:
SKILL - a maximum of 3 points may be added
STAMINA - a maximum of 4 points may be added, BUT each point leads to an increase of 2 to your STAMINA score
LUCK - a maximum of 3 points may be added
MAGIC - a maximum of 7 points may be added

Please note that as the start of gameplay, your MAGIC characteristic is all about your potential. You are not yet trained in actual spellcasting and know no spells. If you happen to find a mentor or a Magic for Dummies-book, though... Who knows what you may become?

There are also Special skills, the result of training.
You're just kids, starting out on your adventures, so your selection is a bit... limited at the start of gameplay.
There are five special skill groups: Combat, Movement, Stealth, Knowledge, Magic. You may appoint 2 skill points to three special skills, and 1 point to six other special skills.
Alternatively, you may hold back 3 skill points to appoint to special skills later in the game.
Combat: Bows, Brawling, Clubs, Slings
Movement: Acrobatics, Climb, Dodge, Jump, Ride, Swim
Stealth: Awareness, Disguise, Locks, Sleight of hand, Sneaking
Knowledge: Animal lore, Bargain, City lore, Con, Etiquette, Evaluate, Fishing, Forest lore, Healing, Hunting, Religion lore, World lore
Magic: Magic lore

Finally, you may select one from the following Talents, which are fairly self-descriptive:
Ambidextrous
Animalfriend
Crack shot
Fast healer
Fleet footed
Hawkeye
Learned (+2 to all knowledge special skills)
Light sleeper
Robust (gain +3 STAMINA from food, +5 STAMINA from sleep, unlike the normal +2)
Silvertongued (+3 to Con, Bargain and Etiquette special skill rolls)
You may have noticed that Haiblestop is a town in a state, somewhere in the Demiplane of Dread. The Independent States are a new domain that's inspired by, among other things, the age of black-and-white movies and the threat of nuclear annihilation during the Cold War. Of course the twist here is that the various States are at each other's throats, rather than suffering under an external threat.
The only species available is human ... at the start of gameplay.
The threats of the supernatural are not overt, or at least have not been during your life so far. Of course, you haven't been around for a crazily long time. And who knows how much longer you'll survive?

If you're interested, pm me.