Players seeking PbP Games / PbP DMs seeking players

Online roleplaying at the Café
Harvos
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Players seeking PbP Games / PbP DMs seeking players

Post by Harvos »

I'm posting this message in similar fashion as everyone else on here. I like ravenloft, would like to join a thread, and learn more about it. I've only played a few sessions in the forest of the wolf god, so I don't know much, but I'm willing to learn.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Recruitment for "Inheritance of dust" has opened in the general forum.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Recruitment for an AD&D 2E game has opened here in Cafe De Nuit.

It includes material from the author P. N. Elrod (among many other things, she wrote I, Strahd) but is not set in Ravenloft.

EDIT-- FULL UP
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Strahdsbuddy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Strahdsbuddy »

Is there any interest in a role-play heavy campaign set in ravenloft's lost history, with a little poetic license taken by yours truly?

I ran several sessions in person and when my group broke up I was pretty bummed out that I didn't get.to see it through. I thought I'd reboot it here since low-combat plays well to pbp. Please respond if interested.
Get the Core Genesis Project V4 in the Mausoleum.

Check out the Ravenloft Cartographic Society on Facebook
keylan
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by keylan »

I would be interested in joining.
Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Heya guys, some time has opened up in my schedule, and I was wondering if there is a campaign around here with a slot still open that I could fill.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

OPENING

ONE SLOT for:

GERTIE
Female human 1st level thief
16 years old
Adventurous but not foolhardy. Loyal to her half-brother (a PC). Dislikes killing and is not greedy by thief standards ( is good aligned). Likes fishing.

You do not need to read the entire campaign thread. I can provide a quick summary:

Party arrives in big city.
In what seems like a chance encounter, they help an aristocrat who is fighting robbers in an alley. Not long afterward, they convince that man to hire them to track down the robbers.
At night, the drive the robbers from vineyard lair, but some PCs end up in jail briefly and are hit with a fine.
Later, the NPC they helped hires then to help a young lady elope with her beloved, a man from her family's bitter rival family.
They do the job, but it turns out to be a double cross. Escaping assassins, they hide the girl. More trouble follows, with the party split. Then they fight the baddies and drive them off with some help from the Nightwatch.The PCs give the young lady over to the watch and admit their part in the plot.
Tense meeting with nobs.
PCs strike a deal to avoid punishment. They will help look for/rescue the lady's lover, who is missing and quite possibly in the hands of the villain. And they will try to learn the bad guy's plans.
It looks like the city is descending into faction war...
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Metaflux
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Metaflux »

Sending a PM to you.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Pregen available:

Sixt (short for Sixtus)

Race: human
Class: fighter
Alignment: Neutral Good

STR 16
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 12
WIS 11
CHR 8

Quick description: very strong (16 STR means he’s among the strongest men in the city), rough looks and manners(8 CHR is below average but not poor) . A discharged marine from Povero’s fleet, now turned adventurer. Born into a minor mercantile family. Has, or had, five older siblings, who soaked up the inheritance money.

Armor class 5 with shield and armor
Hit points 10

Weapon specialization: broadsword

NWPs
Seamanship
Swimming
Gaming
Streetfighting (from Dragon magazine)
Read/Write Ostronic (common tongue)
Alertness (Thief’s Handbook version)

Stuff:
Broadsword
Shield
Dagger
Darts, half dozen on bandoleer
Brigandine armor and a cap
backpack
Whetstone
Torch
Flint and steel
Wineskin
Iron rations in a waterproofed canvas sack
Dice in little bag
9 silver pence and 5 brass follaros in purse
Fishbone toothpick

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

ewancummins wrote:Pregen available:

Sixt (short for Sixtus)

Race: human
Class: fighter
Alignment: Neutral Good

STR 16
DEX 12
CON 12
INT 12
WIS 11
CHR 8

Quick description: very strong (16 STR means he’s among the strongest men in the city), rough looks and manners(8 CHR is below average but not poor) . A discharged marine from Povero’s fleet, now turned adventurer. Born into a minor mercantile family. Has, or had, five older siblings, who soaked up the inheritance money.

Armor class 5 with shield and armor
Hit points 10

Weapon specialization: broadsword

NWPs
Seamanship
Swimming
Gaming
Streetfighting (from Dragon magazine)
Read/Write Ostronic (common tongue)
Alertness (Thief’s Handbook version)

Stuff:
Broadsword
Shield
Dagger
Darts, half dozen on bandoleer
Brigandine armor and a cap
backpack
Whetstone
Torch
Flint and steel
Wineskin
Iron rations in a waterproofed canvas sack
Dice in little bag
9 silver pence and 5 brass follaros in purse
Fishbone toothpick
I take him lol
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Kewl beans.

Liamcc
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Liamcc »

I'm interested in a Pbp, but I haven't played in one before. I'm pretty experienced in D&D and Pathfinder.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

It's pretty easy to play in PbP, but it's by necessity much slower paced than actual tabletop.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
brilliantlight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by brilliantlight »

I am interested in starting a game called The Mistlands Tourist Guide. You would travel as employees of said guide trying to get info on the various domains. The more complete the better you get paid. Sounds safe? Remember most of the various darklords are none too stable and none too pleased with people poking around and maybe figuring out their secrets and the guide pays best for identifying hazards. You would be going to domains in which I either changed or made up myself or one of the made up domains of the netbooks. I am most interested in trying out obscure or nonstandard domains. You aren't going to spend much time in places like Darkon or Bavoria but domains I made up or domains that have had some major changes or found only in the various netbooks like Quoth and the like. You would be level 3 using 3.5 rules I have most of the books and if there is a class or prestige class (when you are high enough level) in Quoth that you like I will almost certainly accept that. You have a 32 point build and 2,400 GP which is slightly less than normal which is why you are working at this job, it is risky but pays well and you need the cash. Game is roleplay heavy with both social skills and knowledge skills at a premium.

House rules:
Vampires are immune to sunlight
Paladins can only be detected by darklords if they are actually looking for them and are limited to a mile a level
Domains are for the most part much larger than standard
Unless prejudice is one of the defining characteristics of a domain OR penalties for races do not apply. This is going to be the vast majority of the time, it might well never apply.
There is a treatment center in Dementieu for the treatment of lycanthropy. It doesn't cure it but it does allow you to control your actions after you change. It is a kind of aversion therapy which is both painful and expensive (500 GP a week) and you gain a moderate madness effect.
Most darklords are "villians with good publicity" and thus hard to spot. This includes the normal darklords you are more likely to hear of than enter their domain such as Strahd. He isn't known as the "Devil Strahd" but a fairly typical feudal lord.
Deltanus
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Deltanus »

Hello,

New to the site. Was wondering if anyone was recruiting or if there were any spots open?

Cool site, by the way. How long has it been around?