Changelings part III: Return to Paridon

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Changelings part III: Return to Paridon

Post by alhoon »

Seradon watches the journalist turn blank. "Madam, what's wrong?" He asked.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: Changelings part III: Return to Paridon

Post by kintire »

She collects herself quickly and smoothly, glancing from one to the other, then focussing on Seradon.

"A momentary dizzy spell..." She trails off, gazing over his shoulder, then mutters "oh."

Behind him, two large, burly men have entered the room. At a gesture from the clerk they move up either side of her and politely but firmly, guide her to the door. She goes with dignity, and a quick "I'll be back!"

The clerk collects himself, taking deep breaths, and pouring himself a cup of steaming tea from a pot at his elbow, then blinking and rummaging around his desk until he finds three more mugs and pours a cup for his guests.

"Yes, well, I'm sorry about that. As you can see word is getting out. But I've been told you did very well on that expedition and have been very discreet so..."

He looks around nervously and lowers his voice.

"There IS something... going on at the Eagle Street repository. There were stories of odd lights, odd movements... Then a cleaner went missing. There were other vanishments... and now no one who goes there is... well. The last four people who went there haven't come back."