Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper , Chapter 2

Online roleplaying at the Café
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright 3: The Worm's Supper , Chapter 2

Post by Adam »

Cormac growls at the Mine-Devils' mockery.

"If ye're tired o' workin' fer them, maybe ye'd like to help us? We wanna get rid of 'em. Kill 'em. Then ye can keep the copper fer yerself."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Cormac growls at the Mine-Devils' mockery.

"If ye're tired o' workin' fer them, maybe ye'd like to help us? We wanna get rid of 'em. Kill 'em. Then ye can keep the copper fer yerself."

The mine-devils move further from Cormac, but don't quite stop their sniggering and chittering.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"I'll accompany you then, as soon as help arrives. My friends know where I am waiting for them and that you've been a victim of the attack and will come soon. They include a knight clad in shining armor worth as much as the palace he inhabits which is a glorious warrior that killed 6 of thesethugs by himself, without taking a wound along with a foreign sorceress with exotic incantations that could fry these thugs with a wave of her hand. We heard your call for help but before I could do much, the beautiful sorceress billowed colored lights from her fingertips, in the hues of the rainbow and overcame the near-bestial minds of your attackers.
They were lucky you were among them else, instead of a sleep they would have found a grisly painful death as lady Safana incinerated them to fine ash with a word.

Then, after securing these thugs, we were about to help you. It was then that we heard commotion from the docks! It was another attack by these monsters on poor refugees. The voices of fear were clear and ringing as the crisp afternoon wind was blowing.
However, in the few moments it took us to go from here to the river-side, justice has already been delivered. Sir Gunnar, thankfully present when the rascals attacked, have cleaved through half a dozen ruffians armed with shining steel. Their blood was mixing already with the hues of the setting sun as the imposing, muscular warrior clad in the finest plate armor was standing over them without a single scratch on him.
At this time, I left lady Safana and sir Gunnar to bring some order to the panicked refugees and came here to make sure nothing bad befalls you."

Knife still on the man's private areas, Termelan bids the woman to sit down and wait with him.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

The Mines

Roald binds the knocked out elf hands, then turns him over and starts trying to slap him awake.

"Come one, nobody likes someone who sleeps on the job."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:The Mines

Roald binds the knocked out elf hands, then turns him over and starts trying to slap him awake.

"Come one, nobody likes someone who sleeps on the job."

The elf groans. He stirs. His eyelids flutter open, and he stares glassy-eyed at Roald.

(in Elvish)

''What? Humans! Rutting shite-eaters!"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

The Mines

Roald gives the elf a big, toothy smile.

"Guilty," he says in elven.

He rest a knee on the elf's chest, pressing a small fraction of his weight on prisoner's sternum.

"Now, I need you to tell me about the layout of this cavern. You cooperate, you live. You don't..." He glances at the mine devils, then looks back at the elf, "well, it will be interesting to find out what your pets would think of the taste of elf-flesh."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Safana nods grimly.

"It figures this lot would come from across the river. Sir, there is another small group that needs shelter, just two. I left them with a friends of mine just near. I need to slip out and get them. Gunnar can stay here and protect this place... i will be back in a moment."

Safana mutters a few words and with a slight shimmer, fades from view. Once entirely invisible, she slips out to the alley where she left the woman and her son
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Safana nods grimly.

"It figures this lot would come from across the river. Sir, there is another small group that needs shelter, just two. I left them with a friends of mine just near. I need to slip out and get them. Gunnar can stay here and protect this place... i will be back in a moment."

Safana mutters a few words and with a slight shimmer, fades from view. Once entirely invisible, she slips out to the alley where she left the woman and her son
She finds Termelan, the thugs, and the woman and her son.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Termelan, Safana:

Termelan, still blade threatening serious injury on the man, speaks to Lorna. "I am sure my friends will come for us, and these thugs, soon. They know where we are and that you need help. Don't worry. You and your son will be fine.
You know, the situation with the hooded ruffians reminds me of ..." and he trails off to one of his stories, about river bandits and pirates, in exotic lands. His voice is calm and the story is not told in a way to excite or evoke strong emotions. On the contrary, it seems more like the story and the tone of a fairy tale one may say to kids to keep them calm during a storm or before they sleep.
Termelan makes an effort to keep the woman and the kid calm enough and waiting, trying to make her forget that she sits with her injured son in an alley with bandits that were about to harm them seriously a few minutes ago.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Safana shakes her head in amusement and contemplates announcing herself from directly behind Termalan. She is not a fan of these men, and it might be very appropriate to make him jump...

But she controls herself, fades back into view a little down the alley and calls softly "Termalan? we've found some cover. Pack up there, and come along!"
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Cormac turns away from them in disgust. "Never mind," he says, "Let 'em stay slaves."

He looks around for additional armaments and/or exits from the cavern that they can use.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Termelan, Safana:

Termelan turns his head. "Lady Safana? This is Lorna and her son Ellum. He has some trouble to walk after the hit. The thugs here have important information that Sir Gunnar may need to hear. I think we should take them with us, under guard.
In short, there are many highway men, alley thugs, river pirates and other lowlife paid to create havoc with the Alamites. Several of them were brought in the city disguised as street performers, mummers etc for the coming festival. There's a rich man behind it all, probably noble."

Looking at the captive Termelan says coldly.
"This admission saved this man from a serious injury. I could help Elum walk with us, if you think you can keep an eye on the thugs. We could loosen the bindings on their legs a bit for them to walk. If I may, I suggest you don't turn them to river frogs since they may be needed to testify or recognize the voice of their employer"
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Mines
Adam wrote:Cormac turns away from them in disgust. "Never mind," he says, "Let 'em stay slaves."

He looks around for additional armaments and/or exits from the cavern that they can use.

Cormac counts five tunnels leading out of this vault, leaving aside the one the party used to enter from the upper level/mine opening).

He finds no weapons, beside the whips and swords of the guards. But the crude picks and shovels the mine slaves use could serve as improvised weapons.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:The Mines

Roald gives the elf a big, toothy smile.

"Guilty," he says in elven.

He rest a knee on the elf's chest, pressing a small fraction of his weight on prisoner's sternum.

"Now, I need you to tell me about the layout of this cavern. You cooperate, you live. You don't..." He glances at the mine devils, then looks back at the elf, "well, it will be interesting to find out what your pets would think of the taste of elf-flesh."
In Elvish-

" They are broken. I do not fear the wretched little creatures. Our torturers will break you too, before your end. Unless you are lucky enough to die fighting."

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Termelan, Safana:

Termelan turns his head. "Lady Safana? This is Lorna and her son Ellum. He has some trouble to walk after the hit. The thugs here have important information that Sir Gunnar may need to hear. I think we should take them with us, under guard.
In short, there are many highway men, alley thugs, river pirates and other lowlife paid to create havoc with the Alamites. Several of them were brought in the city disguised as street performers, mummers etc for the coming festival. There's a rich man behind it all, probably noble."

Looking at the captive Termelan says coldly.
"This admission saved this man from a serious injury. I could help Elum walk with us, if you think you can keep an eye on the thugs. We could loosen the bindings on their legs a bit for them to walk. If I may, I suggest you don't turn them to river frogs since they may be needed to testify or recognize the voice of their employer"
The other thugs stir, groan, open their eyes.