Birthright: The Worm's Supper, Chapter Three

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright: The Worm's Supper, Chapter Three

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Safana calls "In the pantry!" To the men bursting in and seeps smoothly through the door, looking swiftly around for the fleeing Crone. She is poised between looking confident and competent for the men behind her and not wishing to get too far ahead of them!

As she enters the pantry she looks swiftly around, seeking any signs of foes...
Seeping through the a chink in the door, she scouts the pantry. It's dark in here, so she cannot make out details, but she does spot a little light flickering through an open square in the floor. The opening appears large enough for a full grown man to comfortably climb down through. Peeking down, she sees the light receding down cellar stairs.

The pantry door shudders , as if struck from the kitchen side.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert thanks his deity for his reflexes! Checks the scratches at his back for a moment and tries to clean it a bit. Now that he sees Gunnar's men enter the inn and have the best at the hoodies he decides to join them again. His surprise gets bigger though when he spots all the dead men to fight back as zombies. The halfling grins and decides to assist as better he can his allies to finish once and for all these zombies. He cannot see neither Safana nor the Crone though and he is preoccupied so he calls the ducal guards beside him and tries to open the pantry lock.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The two ducal guards accompany Filbert, at no time moving out of sight or reach of their charge.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Filbert does his best to open the lock, he works his tools and when finally he hears that the lock is opened he moves aside letting the guards open the door and go inside first.

"Be careful we don't know what will be inside."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Outside the inn, Termelan uses his dagger to parry attacks to the best of his abilities hoping he'll be in a fighting shape long enough for the more skilled attackers to kill the undead.
His left shoulder where he caught a blow is bruised and his left arm can't function well. Probably the thing fractured his shoulder-plate through his leather armor.
Termelan dreads to think what would happen if one of the dead hoodies lands a solid blow to his face...
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Outside the inn, Termelan uses his dagger to parry attacks to the best of his abilities hoping he'll be in a fighting shape long enough for the more skilled attackers to kill the undead.
His left shoulder where he caught a blow is bruised and his left arm can't function well. Probably the thing fractured his shoulder-plate through his leather armor.
Termelan dreads to think what would happen if one of the dead hoodies lands a solid blow to his face...

A red-robed figure appears out of the gloom behind the link-boy.
Priestess Idele lifts something shiny in her right hand.
"Go back!"

The risen dead stagger away from her, moving around Gunnar and the door to crawl through the broken windows of the front room. They stumble towards the kitchen, groaning (the only utterance they have made since reanimation).

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Gunnar follows after any undead and permanently takes them out of the fight for who ever raised them up with daggers and heavier weapons if needed . He will following into the building by faster methods if possible to cut them off .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE RAID

Lord Skybolt wrote:Gunnar follows after any undead and permanently takes them out of the fight for who ever raised them up with daggers and heavier weapons if needed . He will following into the building by faster methods if possible to cut them off .
Gunnar stabs, chops, and bashes the hooded undead. A brave linkboy joins him, clubbing one of the creatures with a torch.

The warband members, now recovered from their initial shock at the rise of the dead, finish securing all prisoners. A detachment has gone upstairs. The sound of splintering wood, followed by cries of surrender comes through the ceiling. One of the knight's soldiers calls down,
''We control the top level, sir!''

Others break up the kitchen door with their axes.
"The Crone went that way, Sir Gunnar. "

As the knight strides into the kitchen, he sees Filbert kneeling beside the pantry door. Two of his axemen have broken through the locked alley-side door and now guard that egress.

(The bold link-boy tags along to light Gunnar's way.)

Filbert pops the lock. One of the two gaurds from Caer Haes (they remain near the little lord at all times) pushes the door open.
The man cries out and jerks away from the door.
"A ghost!"

But Gunnar and his comrades recognize Safana in ethereal form. (The Knight and Filbert have seen her use this particular trick before, in the Shadowlands).

A broken open trapdoor hatch in the pantry floor reveals a stairway leading down into darkness.

Looking about the pantry (this level, not whatever is downstairs) in the torchlight, the knight and the others see shelves with dry goods, smoked ham, casks of beer, sacks of flour etc. It appears well-stocked.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote: "Go back!"

The risen dead stagger away from her, moving around Gunnar and the door to crawl through the broken windows of the front room.
Termelan is at first alarmed as the red-robed priestess takes control of the undead and sends them to surround Sir Gunnar. As he opens his mouth to shout for guards to help the knight and turn on the priestess, he sees that she actually sent the undead under her command to harmlessly go to the kitchen. Taking a moment to assess the situation he also saw that nobody else was surprised by this turn of events.
Evidently, everyone was more used to magic in this exotic land. And the cold, he reminded himself with a shiver as a gentle breeze momentarily picked up biting at his exposed hands.

As sir Gunnar proved his martial expertise again and his warriors secured the upper floors, Termelan cocked his crossbow again and tried to join the rest in the kitchen and the pantry. Avoiding to look at Safana's vaporous form, he turned to Gunnar and said "Sir Gunnar, with your permission, I would like to be the one carrying the torch."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Cranstel peaks out from beneath the wagon where he was hiding. He looks around for zombies. "Are they gone?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

SEARCHERS

Cormac grimly chews his meat. "Aye, the old stories are more often true than not."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:Cranstel peaks out from beneath the wagon where he was hiding. He looks around for zombies. "Are they gone?"
Outside

------

Priestess Idele waves at her friend.
''It's clear now, Master Cranstel.''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

alhoon wrote:
ewancummins wrote: "Go back!"

The risen dead stagger away from her, moving around Gunnar and the door to crawl through the broken windows of the front room.
Termelan is at first alarmed as the red-robed priestess takes control of the undead and sends them to surround Sir Gunnar. As he opens his mouth to shout for guards to help the knight and turn on the priestess, he sees that she actually sent the undead under her command to harmlessly go to the kitchen. Taking a moment to assess the situation he also saw that nobody else was surprised by this turn of events.
Evidently, everyone was more used to magic in this exotic land. And the cold, he reminded himself with a shiver as a gentle breeze momentarily picked up biting at his exposed hands.

As sir Gunnar proved his martial expertise again and his warriors secured the upper floors, Termelan cocked his crossbow again and tried to join the rest in the kitchen and the pantry. Avoiding to look at Safana's vaporous form, he turned to Gunnar and said "Sir Gunnar, with your permission, I would like to be the one carrying the torch."

"Yes take the torch and go down there and scout it out . Boy light a candle from that before he goes down there . I will need the light when I go down there to bust heads stay behind me though . Get club in your other hand though you may need it ." Sir Gunnar Commands of the link boy and the bard .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Termelan nods. He takes the torch, and as the candle is lit from it, he kneels over the trapdoor and checks inside.

Then, he whispers a couple of words to Filbert and torch in hand, crossbow at his back begins to slowly and carefully descent into the darkness. Once completely under the pantry level, he strains to listen for any sound.

To Filbert:
VIEW CONTENT:
"If I die, return the gift to his Grace with my gratitude"
Last edited by alhoon on Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"I don' have a club, milord,"comes the squeeky reply to Gunnar's comment.

"I gots me a knife I kin use sir."