Foerde's fate OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Foerde's fate OOC

Post by RocEter »

Foerde will cast his lightning sword, and move up to the elf.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Elf close and attack, unhindered by undergrowth.

Elves can sprint over tree roots and bushes like Foerde can run on a level track.

[dice]0[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Hits AC 5

[dice]0[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Foerde has an AC of 5.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

One point probably does not even signify a hit. More like Foerde is temporarily winded from avoiding the blow, or loses some hair to a near miss.

Hit points tend to be pretty abstract, after all, and Foerde has plenty of them.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Note they took his mail.

But I take it you are counting spell effects.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Yes.

I am counting those spell effects.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Round two

Elf action is to execute a withdrawal, now that Foerde has cast the Lightning sword spell.

He sees that his is out of his league.

INIT

ELF

[dice]0[/dice]

FOERDE

[dice]1[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Elf backs out of range, using the most uneven and brushy ground to slow any pursuit by Foerde.

Full move for elf over difficult ground, natch.

If Foerde giving chase? Letting the elf go and looting the KOed one? Something else?

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

He use the other option of the lightning sword and throw it, like a bolt of lightning, at the elf. He should be in range.

[dice]0[/dice]

+2 to hit.

If he hits.

[dice]1[/dice]

+1
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

That hits AC 0

For 18 points of damage!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:That hits AC 0

For 18 points of damage!

I rule that works. He withdrew, but would have still been in range. And even with partial cover and concealment bonus (he definitely gets that), AC 0 is still good enough.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

KOed

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Foerde loots both elves, taking what ever supplies, weapons and armors they have.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:Foerde loots both elves, taking what ever supplies, weapons and armors they have.

1 in 4 chance armor fits well enough to be used

On a 1

[dice]0[/dice]