POVERO Campaign OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Post by VAN »

Level up!!!

I doubt I will not spend the skill points in open lock. To be an average thief that can open locks I think you need at least 40 in that skill. Tom is more scouting type. Anyway I will decide later.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Oh... I wanted to intervene in the meeting with the bigheads. :(
That's too late I guess.

A pity. I had work to do and couldn't keep up.
Fild should definitely NOT take the oath, and would say, honestly, he would prefer to go before a judge (meaning he would reveal everything in court of course), than keep Richard Savelle away from Elissa Hoblin. If the aristocrats are not there, then he says in the temple as he refuses to give the oath.
Yes, I fully realize this will probably not end well for my character. But Fild feels guilt over what they have done, and how badly things could have gone. He's not trying to get a bribe or something, he's sure that Elissa and Richard belong together and family politics should stay away from that.

THAT IS OF COURSE... if it doesn't make life hard for the DM. If Ewan and the rest prefer the "come on, it's said and done! Let's move on" I will comply.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Oh... I wanted to intervene in the meeting with the bigheads. :(
That's too late I guess.

A pity. I had work to do and couldn't keep up.
Fild should definitely NOT take the oath, and would say, honestly, he would prefer to go before a judge (meaning he would reveal everything in court of course), than keep Richard Savelle away from Elissa Hoblin. If the aristocrats are not there, then he says in the temple as he refuses to give the oath.
Yes, I fully realize this will probably not end well for my character. But Fild feels guilt over what they have done, and how badly things could have gone. He's not trying to get a bribe or something, he's sure that Elissa and Richard belong together and family politics should stay away from that.

THAT IS OF COURSE... if it doesn't make life hard for the DM. If Ewan and the rest prefer the "come on, it's said and done! Let's move on" I will comply.

No problem. I will edit.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Everyone might want to quickly review the last couple of posts. The net result is the same, except Fild is separated, for now, from the party.

But it's not as if you guys were fleeing town right off./ First a meeting, then maybe a hurried departure. It still has to be planned and arranged.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Richard Savelle, one of the highest ranking people in Povero offered to carry a gnome foreigner of lowly rank on his back. On other news, Asmodeus complains because Hell Froze over...

That man, singlehandedly, gives a good name to nobility.

Fild, dazed, will do as Richard asked.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

I need some time to level up Tom so we will try brutal force to open the chest! Unless Damien before leaving can try to open it.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Sixt will help with the brute force approach of openning the other chest if need be .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Richard Savelle, one of the highest ranking people in Povero offered to carry a gnome foreigner of lowly rank on his back. On other news, Asmodeus complains because Hell Froze over...

That man, singlehandedly, gives a good name to nobility.

Fild, dazed, will do as Richard asked.

Assent noted.

Check IC

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OK, he has company in giving nobility a good name.
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:I need some time to level up Tom so we will try brutal force to open the chest! Unless Damien before leaving can try to open it.

Leveling up your multi-class fighter/thief

Step One: Make certain you have recorded the XP totals for both your classes. You will track these separately throughout his adventuring career.
He has just leveled in thief, but NOT in fighter.

Step two: roll hit points for another level. Thieves have a D6 HD.
Roll 1 d6. Then DIVIDE BY TWO (because he has two classes, fighter and thief.)

Add that to your total HIT POINTS.

Step three: Look at saving throws, THAC0 etc. Adjust as needed. Nothing changes for Thom right now, so don't worry about this.

Step four> NonWeapon Proficiencies. Again, no change right now.

That just leaves, Step Five; Thief abilities

Thieves get a little better every level. Thom now has exactly 30 percentile points to distribute among his thief % skills (open locks, move silently, climb walls, etc). He can spend up to 15 points on a single skill. Nothing can go over 95% total skill. Otherwise, spend the points as you like.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Level up!!!

I doubt I will not spend the skill points in open lock. To be an average thief that can open locks I think you need at least 40 in that skill. Tom is more scouting type. Anyway I will decide later.

Right, no rush.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RE Brute force approach, Sixt

He could:

1 : obtain a hammer and chisel, or similar tools, and attempt to force the lid/bust the lock and hinges. This would be a d20 roll, with a success on 9 or less. It will probably reduce the value of this quite nice, strongly made box. A nat 20 will either injure Sixt or jam the box more firmly shut/make the lock harder to pick.
A nat 1 pops the lid with minimal damage, allowing the box if perhaps not the lock to be salvaged intact.

2 BB/LG to smash the armored coffer. This may well break whatever is in the coffer, if such is breakable. Destroys the valuable, sturdy coffer and possibly its expensive lock, too.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Can Fild help Richard Savelle identify that liquid?
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

OK for now I will just roll HP I will do the rest later since there is no rush.

[dice]0[/dice]

3hp it is :)
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

alhoon wrote:Can Fild help Richard Savelle identify that liquid?
And I guess it would require a roll, so...
[dice]0[/dice]

Not bad...
My DMGuild work!