POVERO

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:"Great...we need to hurry then."

Tom goes first inside with his sword and shield out in case the ruffians have bows and shoot at them.

THE PASSAGE

No ruffians in sight.
Just a masonry corridor several yards long that ends in a short set of stairs and an acutely angled wooden doorway (like a storm cellar).
The door at the end appears closed but not latched, at least not on the inner side.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ALFONSE
Adam wrote:Alfonse shouts down the stairs. "The watch is coming, I'll go try to throw them off."

He turns to Damien, "Make yourself scarce..." and then heads out the door towards the guard, waving his hands frantically. "Bandits! Robbers! Murderers! They went that way!" He points in a direction Damien would have conceivably gone given his approach path to the house, but not to the house itself.

The watchmen, seven in total, stop and stare.

One of them says,
"Calm down, please. No offense, but you don't seem to have your bearings."
Rather than leaving the scene as Alfonse has attempted to trick them into doing, they mount a search of the vineyard--and the house.
" You say someone was murdered? Take us to the body."
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild follows by the half-elf. "The last one close the door" he says and then adds. "I think Tom and I should move 30'-40' ahead of you Gertie. We can see in the dark. You and the thugs cannot."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Once at the door Tom attempts to open it staying as closer to the wall as possible and having his shield in front of him in case the thugs are outside ready to attack.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"I just saw someone running that direction," Alfonse replies, seeing that the guards aren't buying it. He gives a quick description that matches what they would have seen of their quarry. "He had a bloody knife of some kind. If you hurry, maybe you can catch him?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ALFONSE
Adam wrote:"I just saw someone running that direction," Alfonse replies, seeing that the guards aren't buying it. He gives a quick description that matches what they would have seen of their quarry. "He had a bloody knife of some kind. If you hurry, maybe you can catch him?"
The head Watchman says,

''Hold on a moment, you say you saw blood on the knife of a running man in the dark? Sharp eyes! You'd better come with us. If you are keen-eyed enough to notice that his knife was bloody, I want you there to help us track and identify him. He might ditch the blade if he's actually stabbed somebody, and isn't just a chicken killing thief you startled. Who are you, anyway, and what are you doing out here at night?"

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE STORM CELLAR DOORS
VAN wrote:Once at the door Tom attempts to open it staying as closer to the wall as possible and having his shield in front of him in case the thugs are outside ready to attack.
Tom pushes the doors open.

He sees a man near the opening, crouching over someone lying prone.
Beyond the two men, a big bush looms up, blocking out part of the night sky.
The crouching man holds a candle. A small sack lies on the ground near him.
As Tom opens the door, the man turns from the prone figure and lifts a club.
" I'll clobber you!"
He moves to place himself between the laid-out figure and Tom.
"You bastards shot my brother!"

Tom hearts footfalls moving off further out.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom moves aside so Fild and Gertie can come out of the tunnel as well and gets ready to defend himself with the shield and counterattack with the sword if the man attacks.

"Listen, you are outnumbered, more of us are coming. So get your brother and leave now! Leaving the bag behind of course."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Gertie whips out her whip for effect at the man. "I'd do it now if I were you!"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Tom moves aside so Fild and Gertie can come out of the tunnel as well and gets ready to defend himself with the shield and counterattack with the sword if the man attacks.

"Listen, you are outnumbered, more of us are coming. So get your brother and leave now! Leaving the bag behind of course."
"Go to hell, you murderer! I'm not leaving him and I'm not letting you rob me of the money."
Tears spring up in his eyes.
"If it's too late to pay a doctor, I'll at least pay for his burial! "

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

TITUS

VIEW CONTENT:
hears this shouting behind the hawthorn on the hillside

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild from the back shouts
"Buddy, you think you can take all of us with a stick? SURRENDER, we don't want your money. You're robbers, that's stolen money." Although he finds it hard to explain why they shot his brother in cold blood anyway.
To Tom he says "The FLAT of the blade you bloodthirsty half-human! The FLAT!"

To Gertie he actually says "Can you or your brother stench the flow of blood of this man's brother? THAT will calm the bandit"
Last edited by alhoon on Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Titus

Titus stares at a moment at the spot where the Owl disappeared, unable to grasp what the Speaker is trying to tell him. He wished he was back at the Temple of the Fallen Star, where a senior speaker could help translate the augerys.

A shout from beyond the hawthorne brought his mind back into the present. Laying a hand on his eagle-headed mace, he trods forward.

"Who goes there? Is someone in trouble?"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Titus

Titus stares at a moment at the spot where the Owl disappeared, unable to grasp what the Speaker is trying to tell him. He wished he was back at the Temple of the Fallen Star, where a senior speaker could help translate the augerys.

A shout from beyond the hawthorne brought his mind back into the present. Laying a hand on his eagle-headed mace, he trods forward.

"Who goes there? Is someone in trouble?"
A man screams from behind the bush

''Help-- they shot down my brother-HELP!"

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Titus

Shield and mace in hand, Titus bursts forward from the bush, ready to protect the innocent the Speaker lead him to.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.