POVERO

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Titus

Shield and mace in hand, Titus bursts forward from the bush, ready to protect the innocent the Speaker lead him to.
He sees a man in a leather jack standing before a wooden hatchway in the hillside. Another man lies prone on the grass, quite still with a crude, bloody bandage wrapped around his head. A sack lies nearby, behind the man, whose back remains turned on Titus.

Titus cannot make out the details, but somebody is trying to push up from within the passage in the hill.
The embattled man stands over his fallen brother and swings his club down into the dark doorway.
CLANG!
THUNK!

He lays into his subterranean enemies with desperate, reckless blows, screaming, ''You killed him!"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Don't lie to me!!! You and your friends first attack an innocent man and then you act surprized you get attacked back! You started this!! And you were also warned to surrender, I doubt you gave this afternoon the same possibility to the other man...So don't play it all innocent to me. You know what you did."

Listening more voices coming Tom decides that is better if they leave now and maybe return another time, he doesn't want to be caught in his first night in town...
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:"Don't lie to me!!! You and your friends first attack an innocent man and then you act surprized you get attacked back! You started this!! And you were also warned to surrender, I doubt you gave this afternoon the same possibility to the other man...So don't play it all innocent to me. You know what you did."

Listening more voices coming Tom decides that is better if they leave now and maybe return another time, he doesn't want to be caught in his first night in town...

Tom shouts-but he's so busy fighting the enraged club-man that he half of his monologue can't be fully understood by anyone standing nearby. The half-elf huffs and puffs after the first sentence, and the din of the club smashing into his shield over and over again sounds over his voice.
His attempt to break through is defeated and he's pushed back into the cellar by the defender.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Titus looks down at the wounded man, then to his friend standing over him.

"I'm a Speaker, a Priest of the Speakers of Storms. If your friend yet lives, I can heal his wounds with a spell before he bleeds out."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Titus looks down at the wounded man, then to his friend standing over him.

"I'm a Speaker, a Priest of the Speakers of Storms. If your friend yet lives, I can heal his wounds with a spell before he bleeds out."
The man before the storm cellar doors is too busy with his frenzied effort to beat back his enemies in the tunnel to answer, or even glance over at Titus.

Just standing and looking down at the other fellow , laid out on the grass, Titus sees no definite sign of life. But it's possible he's still on this side if the grave and could thus be saved with healing magic.

(Without checking for a pulse or breathing, Titus cannot tell if the man yet lives)

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Titus sighs and approaches the man.

"Speaker forgive me if I'm about to heal a corpse."

Once close enough, he casts cure light on the man on the ground.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Titus sighs and approaches the man.

"Speaker forgive me if I'm about to heal a corpse."

Once close enough, he casts cure light on the man on the ground.

The second he finishes speaking the prayer, the fallen man opens his mouth and groans. He stirs.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Hoping the mysterious man that appeared hasn't seen his companions and club-man was too busy fighting him to notice them he withdraws so he avoids been hit and says in slightly higher voice so Fild and Gertie can listen:

"Listen to me, you, your brother and your comrades cornered and attacked a man today six to one...so I repeat it you are no innocent. I bet the bag over there is full of money and jewerly that clearly don't belong to you! So back off and let me get away before the Watch come. I have nothing against your friend here that came to aid you. I wasn't going to attack you, I just want you to surrender as I told you to do twice. You haven't said the same thing earlier today though..."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Hoping the mysterious man that appeared hasn't seen his companions and club-man was too busy fighting him to notice them he withdraws so he avoids been hit and says in slightly higher voice so Fild and Gertie can listen:

"Listen to me, you, your brother and your comrades cornered and attacked a man today six to one...so I repeat it you are no innocent. I bet the bag over there is full of money and jewerly that clearly don't belong to you! So back off and let me get away before the Watch come. I have nothing against your friend here that came to aid you. I wasn't going to attack you, I just want you to surrender as I told you to do twice. You haven't said the same thing earlier today though..."
" Fat chance, robber. I let you out of that hole and you bloodthirsty sons of bitches will try to kill us. You shot my brother in the back of his head, no warning. You threatened to set our house on fire! You want to get away from the Watch? I bet so! Tell you what, I' ll close this door. Me and my brother-- and our friend, will get away. You can come out after we've gone. "

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild from the end of the line gets frustrated. "Tom, flat of the blade so we can question him. Stop playing games."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Fild from the end of the line gets frustrated. "Tom, flat of the blade so we can question him. Stop playing games."
"Go to hell, Arsonists!"
The man begins to scream,
"Watch, neighbors, neighbors, call the Watch!"

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

ewancummins wrote:
alhoon wrote:Fild from the end of the line gets frustrated. "Tom, flat of the blade so we can question him. Stop playing games."
"Go to hell, Arsonists!"
"You go to hell bandit! Tom, drop that idiot so we can arrest him and stop playing with him. You're too old to be playing games of push-and-drop with other kids that late in the night."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
"Go to hell, Arsonists!"
"You go to hell bandit! Tom, drop that idiot so we can arrest him and stop playing with him. You're too old to be playing games of push-and-drop with other kids that late in the night."
Gem answers all the angry talk by barking furiously , leaping about in the passage, and stepping on Fild's toes.

The dog makes a lot of noise.

Tom sees the man drop his club and each out to grab the doors.
Before he can close the gap, the man slams the doors shut.
Tom reaches the door and they all hear a thump from the other side, as of a heavy bar falling in place.
And then man's voice , crying aloud
"Robbers in the cellar!"

------

TOPSIDE

The club man drops his weapon, seizes the cellar doors and slams them shut. He throws a heavy latch in place.
He cries out,
"Robbers in the cellar!"

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ALFONSE

The Watch have done a cursory look through the vineyard and the upper level of the house.
One of the men tells the officer,
"Hot coals in the hearth. Bedsheets tossed about. Nobody home."

The officer begins to order his whole troop off the way the frantic gentelman Alfonse) has reported that the " man with the bloody knife" had gone, when a loud fracas draws his attention. He looks about.

Alfonse hears it, too. Tom's voice. A dog barking.
Sounds like an argument. And thuds, flattering, like a fight, or a clumsy break in.
And then a man shouting about "Arsonists!" and "robbers in the cellar!"

That does it.
Despite Alfonse's efforts at flimflam half the the Watchmen storm back into the house at the officer's orders.The other half ( taking Aflonse with them unless he flees or fights his way free) hop the low fence and head downhill toward the apparent source of the alarmed cries.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom sees the door closing trapping them inside the cellar he tries to open it.

"You will regret this, first you and your companions attack an innocent man, take the loot and hide in here and then you lock us inside the cellar. How brave you are! Let me out to fight you one by one."
- W H A T ! ? !