Birthright 3 Chapter 6

Online roleplaying at the Café
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright 3 Chapter 6

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

HORROR ON ELF HILL

Rennault, with Sevet and Gatt close in tow, somehow manages to find FILBERT in the confusion. He grimaces at the mention of the shadow realm, but nods. "Aye, it's better than facing those...things. Take us through, Filbert."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

HORROR ON ELF HILL

THE MINSTREL's song changes to a croak. His voice has died right as he was getting the men to listen.

Someone shouts" he's been hexed by the Crone!"

The militiamen back away from the minstrel and his companions, some looking over their shoulders, toward the road.

Gunnar, Roald, and Renn have seen this before. It's what things look like right before soldiers desert. And these men aren't even proper soldiers, but farmers, shepherds,and woodcutters.

Erin Hunter draws her sword and steps forward.

"Hold fast!"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Domenica seeing Isolde has done chanting, is very curious. "Milady? Was your chanting helpful?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:Domenica seeing Isolde has done chanting, is very curious. "Milady? Was your chanting helpful?"
Isolde raises an eyebrow.
" Are demonic maggots eating your flesh right now?"
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Foerde, Earlier at the Auld Oak
VIEW CONTENT:
Spotting Gael in at back corner table, Foerde leaves the bar and heading over to them. He stops short before reaching the table, when he has a better look at the Bard of the Sielwode. For a moment a mix of emotions crosses his before his eyes widen in surprise. He stands there seemingly paralyzed at the sight of the Bard...

At the same time the Bard's jaw drops at the sight of the beastman approaching her table, she requires the surprised stare towards the beastman. The children look to see what has distracted her so, two of the children just stare blankly at the beastman, while the third child stands up rushes towards the beastman.

"Foerde!" Gael says as she rushes over and embraces him.

The embrace, knocks Foerde out his stupor. Laughing he picks Gael up and hugs her tightly. Setting her back down on the ground, he kneels and examines her. "I am glad you were well and back home, I was fraught with worry." He says hugging her again.

The pair continue to exchange words, Foerde quickly explains why he wasn't there to rescue her and the other children...

----
Nyisiendre

Nyisiendre watches the exchange between Gael and Foerde. A flurry of thoughts race through her mind about how his voice and laughter sound familiar and how hidden underneath that fur, there lies a familiar face. She tries to speak to ask some questions but finds she has no voice to do so.

"I-I-I must make preparations to join the others. They may have need of my services. Don't worry children, I will return this way if danger is to head this way." She says hastily, while grabbing her things, then makes for the door.

----
Foerde

Standing, Foerde looks down at Gael. "I must go, be sure to thank Master Brennan for his hospitality, do as he says and help out if you can." He says to her.

Gael nods and tells him to be safe before she returns to the table to finish eating her food.

Both Foerde and Tarala, join Cormac and the others.
------------

Foerde, Nyisiendre, Now at Elf Hill.

For the past few minutes Foerde has been chanting, he ignores the state of the militia men are in and continues chanting...

-----

NYISIENDRE THE BARD OF THE SIELWODE

The Bard of the Sielwode pulls her wineskin from her belt and hands it over to the other bard along with a scroll. "Here drink this, and when you have recovered sing that song. I think it will have more meaning for these men." She says to him.

Then she gets her violin and begins to playing, trying to rally the militia with her song...
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:
steveflam wrote:Domenica seeing Isolde has done chanting, is very curious. "Milady? Was your chanting helpful?"
"No, they are not. I have to ask you, being more of an expert than I, here." She pauses, looking for the right words.

"Okay. It looks like the earth might open up, maggots are as big as sheep, there is a big black cloud up there and someone I presume to be the Crone

is calling this Orcus demon. Now this Cult of Orcus is pretty dangerous as it is. So I imagine that, this Orcus demon is something we don't want to face, do we.

Are we ready to face this threat? I don't relish dying because we aren't adequate or enough to face a threat, lady Isolde. I admit it, this whole thing is kind of freaking

me out."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

steveflam wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
"No, they are not. I have to ask you, being more of an expert than I, here." She pauses, looking for the right words.

"Okay. It looks like the earth might open up, maggots are as big as sheep, there is a big black cloud up there and someone I presume to be the Crone

is calling this Orcus demon. Now this Cult of Orcus is pretty dangerous as it is. So I imagine that, this Orcus demon is something we don't want to face, do we.

Are we ready to face this threat? I don't relish dying because we aren't adequate or enough to face a threat, lady Isolde. I admit it, this whole thing is kind of freaking

me out."
Nyisiendre, the Bard of the Sielwode

As Nyisiendre walks to front of the line, so every one can see her, she catches the tail end of Domenica's and Lady Isolde's conversation. "You see that man there?" She says to Domenica.

The Half-Elf Bard points with her bow at the beastman who has been, and still is chanting, nonstop for a few minutes.

"If half of what I have heard of this man from the people whom live in this land and his closest companions is true, than yes we can face this threat." She says. "That is a man, who escaped the clutches of Rhoube the Manslayer himself, a man whom is mostly responsible for defeating an army of goblins at the Battle of the Bell. He who comes when Tuornen needs him, and leaves with the storm.

There are others here whom have also done a great deal, and survived against what I am sure was impossible odds. They, like that man, will stay and fight, no matter what comes." She says.

"I don't know what he is up to but what ever it is, the least we can do is make sure he has the time to do it. And should some great evil demon rear its ugly head into our world, then I guess we will see if is every bit the legendary hero the people of Tuornen make him out to be."

The Bard watches the beastman as he chants, the militia men once protecting him have moved away. Her speech was meant to inspire Domenica, just as much is was meant to inspire herself.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

[dice]0[/dice]

As Filbert peeps into Shadow, he sees the people around him bleed color, until they become dull images of his friends. This draining of light and color effect, he has seen before, when he extends his senses into the thin layer of reality between the mortal world and the Shadowlands.

The sky darkens. The sun vanishes. Twilight gathers over the darkling plain, the mounds of the barren hills, the line of the escarpment to the north.
But one spot stands out in the dim landscape: Elf Hill, where a dozen or more green flamelike figures dance among the standing stones atop the stepped, artificial hill.
And in the center of the circle, just visible to Filbert's cat-eyes, a woman in a gown the color of bones. Moths dance a over her, circling in the glow of the green fire beings.
The woman turns and looks across the field. At this distance, Filbert cannot make out her face, yet he feels the weight of her gaze fall on him.

"Today is my wedding day. At last. Come to the dance."

The Crone's voice comes from right behind him. But when he whips round to look, he sees nothing but a moth in the air. The insect flies away toward Elf Hill.

Looking back to the hill and the stone circle, Filbert sees that somehow the open space between him and Elf Hill has narrowed, as if the earth were a carpet being tugged along under his feet. The shadowscape buckles and twists before him, pulling in toward Elf Hill.

He stands so close to entering Shadow that another inch forward, another ten seconds spying in this halfway stage, and he might be sucked in body and soul.

Filbert gasps.

"Things are far worse than I thought! Necromantic Magic is in use/ was recently used on Elf Hill, though that seems to be a fairly minor effect in the mortal world rather than in Shadow. Some other magic or force , not just the sort of necromancy that could animate dead men, is evidently warping both Shadow and the mortal plane. Somethingbeyond teh shadows may be pressing in. Whatever is going on, it isn't over yet, but there may not be a lot of time! We need to hurry. Whoever wants to come with me holds hands!"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Termelan, a man of average height and built with light brown hair and darker skin complexion and pretty face, thanks the woman and takes a sip from her wineskin. At the mention of a song that has more meaning in these lands his eyes light up with excitement.
"You are most welcome Madam. No time for long introductions I'm afraid. I am Termelan, from the city-state of Frazelletta, the city of the arts, the city of a hundred towers, the city of the Frazelletta bardic college, in the highlands of the Irollo Massif ... a plateau of another continent. "
Looking behind his back at the breaking line he says "don't judge the college too hardly on my lack-luster performance; it happens to the best of us some days. As for the song... I may have to go to the world of the shadows with Lord Filbert to try and cut the head of the snake. But you're most welcome.

But I distract you from your efforts. Apologies. I'll return your kindness in similar manner once we've dealt with this. "

And with a curt nod and a flourish, Termelan moves towards lord Filbert taking a sip from his own waterskin.
At Filbert's grim proclaim he just gives an apologetic smile to the other bard. "If I survive". To Filbert and those warriors nearby he whispers "It's probably a call to a demon. A very powerful demon lord, the "Prince of Undead" as we call him back home. His followers are killed on sight for the reasons you probably understand."
His matter-of-fact, calm tone is betrayed by his shaking hand as he grasps Filbert's hand.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Nyisiendre, the Bard of the Sielwode

As Nyisiendre walks to front of the line, so every one can see her, she catches the tail end of Domenica's and Lady Isolde's conversation. "You see that man there?" She says to Domenica.

The Half-Elf Bard points with her bow at the beastman who has been, and still is chanting, nonstop for a few minutes.

"If half of what I have heard of this man from the people whom live in this land and his closest companions is true, than yes we can face this threat." She says. "That is a man, who escaped the clutches of Rhoube the Manslayer himself, a man whom is mostly responsible for defeating an army of goblins at the Battle of the Bell. He who comes when Tuornen needs him, and leaves with the storm.

There are others here whom have also done a great deal, and survived against what I am sure was impossible odds. They, like that man, will stay and fight, no matter what comes." She says.

"I don't know what he is up to but what ever it is, the least we can do is make sure he has the time to do it. And should some great evil demon rear its ugly head into our world, then I guess we will see if is every bit the legendary hero the people of Tuornen make him out to be."

The Bard watches the beastman as he chants, the militia men once protecting him have moved away. Her speech was meant to inspire Domenica, just as much is was meant to inspire herself.

Domeinca listens, aware that Nyisiendre is trying ot cheer her up. HOwever, this half elf does not know what she, Domenica has been through and lets her know, looking her right in theeyes as

she tells her her story.

"Well, let's see here. Has everyone here been kidnapped, stripped of everything they own, been put naked. On a pirates ship, no less. Then, if that wasn't humiliating enough, raped over and over

again until they coudn't feel anything on their whole body. I would agree with you then, miss. But seeing as I've been through that, this event seems a bit more serious and dire than what I've just

mentioned. Have you got any more words of encouragement for me?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

DOMENICA's followers gather around their boss. They stare at Nyisiendre.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:DOMENICA's followers gather around their boss. They stare at Nyisiendre.
Without even looking at them, her eyes still fixed on the half elf, her tone is authorative to her men "Stand down. This is not the place or time for that. You've all

earned a bonus when we get back to the city. Think of Crowley, only that."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:
ewancummins wrote:DOMENICA's followers gather around their boss. They stare at Nyisiendre.
Without even looking at them, her eyes still fixed on the half elf, her tone is authorative to her men "Stand down. This is not the place or time for that. You've all

earned a bonus when we get back to the city. Think of Crowley, only that."
The men and the two dwarves relax--at least as much as anyone can relax so close to the bizarre events centered on Elf Hill.

Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

HORROR AT ELF HILL

Renn forces back the taste of bile in his throat. "Gods, face the Witch, or face these maggots?" But he nods, and extends his hand out to Lord Filbert.

"Before we go..." He looks to Sevet and Gatt. "Spread the word among the troops, let them know we're going to break these bastards where they live. Don't shout it out. Don't cheer. Do nothing to let the enemy know what we plan, but for hell's sake, rally these men!"

He turns back to Filbert then, one hand extended, the other on the hilt of his broadsword. "I'm ready."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

RocEter wrote: a man whom is mostly responsible for defeating an army of goblins at the Battle of the Bell.
Cormac, drawing more arrows, looks dubiously over his shoulder at the bard. "Aye, sure, he did it all by his lonesome..." he mutters as he lines up another shot towards the maggots.

"Let's go and deal with this crone. I've a feelin' if she dies, this all stops."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."