Death House

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: Death House

Post by alhoon »

Kimber is rewarded by the surprised, ghastly expression of the captain. "Who are you now? The half-elf or the ghost?"
The dwarf cleric intervenes. "Can't you really tell? Would the ghost tell you he was hijacking a person?" Esthenor frowns at the gross disrespect.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

"The Half Elf... whose name is Kimber."

She considers adding more but decides against it. She doesn't like the captain for a variety of reasons, but she has some sympathy for his current plight, and cannot but admire his resilience.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Pugsley2 senses the displeasure of his master and leaves a short hiss.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kimber bends over her furry companions, and takes them into her arms.

"Don't mind the rude man. He's just had a... hard day. Its all right..."

She chokes up, and turns away to hide tears.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van goes near Kimber and puts his arm to her shoulder trying to reassure her.

"It's all right, we will get you free. Just try to not lose controls and keep the control of your body Kimber. Also do you think you can commumicate with it? Maybe ask it something and see if you get an answer. The kid has lived in the house, he will probanly know the traps, secret rooms and passages."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Burdur intervenes at that. "Van, it's not safe to ask a possessed person to give power to the creature inside them by talking to it. If the thing answers, the thing is closer to getting control. And why should we trust anything the ghost has to say? It's his relatives we were fighting down there. They just have a corporeal form and we could hack at them while the ghost, or his nanny, doesn't. "
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Well, the boy doesn't seem to have understood what has happened and he doesn't seem to hate his parents either. We are risking our lives down there with the deadly traps, even I doubt he has ever been to the cellar he might know secret rooms or passages that we don't. Or might tell us when the nanny ghost will reappear...and things like that."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Vorj says, "Possession is no trifling matter. Burdur is right. Asking someone to voluntarily give control of her body to an undead spirit... it's dangerous."

He looks at the half-elf. "Kimber, you know I trust you. It's the spirit that I don't trust. We've been fed nothing but lies and half-truths since we arrived. Do YOU trust the spirit?"
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kimber shakes her head

"Of course i don't. I don't think he's malicious, but he's completely mad. I'm not! I have to stay home, and you all have to stay with me! I won't be left again! and he's completely obsessed with not being abandoned."

She looks around to the others.

"I think that if we do ever find a way out of this hell house there might be a problem. We won't leave! We Won't! there won't be any leaving we will all stay here, together! Also he doesn't like surprises so if something sudden happens and I'm not much use right away I apologise in advance."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van looks at Kimber slightly confused at the beginning but then figured out that the ghost was speaking too.

"Ok, we will not abandon you, but we need to know if the ghost nanny will return and when."
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kimber grits her teeth and focusses.

"I'll try. But I'm not sure he even realises he is a ghost, much less that his nanny is. But I'll see what I can get."

She sits down cross legged and begins to meditate.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kimber looks up, but the expression on her face is different, and there is someone else looking out of her eyes.

"Why are you all standing over my friend? She's sad. Did you make her sad? She's so sad she wants to leave. No one leaves any more. They all left. I won't be left again! never again! She is my friend. MY friend. MINE. She will stay FOREVER and play!"

Kimber shifts an the strange voice says.

"Not yet.... not yet... rest..."

The half elf relaxes, and looks back up with that strange expression again.

"Nanny is gone. But she'll come back. She'll always come back. She's dead, and dead people can't go. Sis is dead too. We're all together. Maybe you'll be dead soon, and we can play forever!"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Great, now we have to worry that the nanny will come back at some point and block our entrance at the basement again...Sweet..."

Turning to Kimber/Thorn he asks:

"Do you know if your parents were keeping any blueprints of the house? It will be nice to know its layout before hand especially of the basement."
- W H A T ! ? !
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

The woman's face furrows in a frown and the boy's voice emerges from her lips again

"blue-prints? Father had lots of things in his library but I wasn't allowed in. I never went into the cellars. they smell."
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Vorj says, "Can you guide us there? It would be helpful."
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham