POVERO Chapter Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO Chapter Four

Post by ewancummins »

BAZAAR OF THE SPICERS
steveflam wrote:Gertie looks around for Elissa, and keeps an eye open for her guards as well.

While Gertie looks about, Gem pulls away from Tom to sniff at the spices on display.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

MEANWHILE
AT THE GRAY WHALE PUBLIC HOUSE

DAMIEN enters the pub, finds an empty table in one corner of the common room, and lays his deck of cards before him on the tabletop.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

MARKET SQUARE, Beauty shop
ewancummins wrote:The woman glances down at Fild when the gnome speaks, and scowls at him.
Fild sighs and turns to leave, waiting outside. He takes the mock of the guards and the laughing in good heart. He would have done the same in their shoes.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

BAZAAR OF THE SPICES

Tom tries to spot Elissa adn hopes they are more lucky the next time. When Gem pulls away Tom tries to get him back without too much fuss.

"Come on boy, I know these spices smell funny but this isn't time to do that. You will have time later."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:BAZAAR OF THE SPICES

Tom tries to spot Elissa adn hopes they are more lucky the next time. When Gem pulls away Tom tries to get him back without too much fuss.

"Come on boy, I know these spices smell funny but this isn't time to do that. You will have time later."

AFTER SEARCHING the Bazaar of the SPICERS, Tom finds no sign of Elissa Holbin. Nor of the young lady's mother, the maids, or the bodyguards mentioned in Aldron's information.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom turns to Gertie slightly disappointed.

"She isn't here better go and check another place."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Ok... Let's go."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:Market Area

After concluding his business with the civic temple, Titus heads to the market district. Along the way, he purchases some live doves.

From there, he heads to the area where Aldron believed Elissa would be and sets up to provide auguries to the well heeled people who frequent the area.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse steps back out of the doorway.

"My apologies, signora," he mumbles, shuffling a step away. He laughs with the guards, trying to keep the red out of his face. "That was a good one, fellows. My name is Alfonse Debusin. I'm a visitor to your city. May I assume your mistress is inside, conducting business?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

IN FRONT OF MISTRESS BOBBINS' DRESS SHOP

Adam wrote:Alfonse steps back out of the doorway.

"My apologies, signora," he mumbles, shuffling a step away. He laughs with the guards, trying to keep the red out of his face. "That was a good one, fellows. My name is Alfonse Debusin. I'm a visitor to your city. May I assume your mistress is inside, conducting business?"
One of the men nods. "That's right, signore."

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

NEAR MISTRESS BOBBINS' DRESS SHOP

Coming round a street corner, GERTIE and TOM spot a knot of armed men gathered near the shop. Street traffic obscures some details. As they draw closer the siblings spot FILD and ALFONSE talking with the men.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse makes a show of fanning himself, "Warm day, isn't it? Although I suppose this is mostly normal for men of Povero," he trails off, "Of course, standing around a marketplace with nothing to do doesn't exactly help. Guard duty is thirsty work." He snaps his fingers. "Tell you what, since you gave me a good laugh just now, let me do something for that thirst." He shuffles in his pocket and pulls out a Ducat, "Let me pay for your drinks when you sup, tonight." He flips one of them the coin.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

TITUS

OPEN MARKET PLAZA NEAR INTERSECTION OF BAY ROAD AND SHORE STREET

A gentleman in a blue doublet with the arms of the city sewn on the breast stops by the cleric's spot in the open plaza, between a seller of exotic fruit and a peddler of polished whalebone.
The man adjusts his sword belt as he looks Titus up and down.
"Excuse me, signore, but I see you've got a couple of nice white doves there, and you display the symbol of the Speaker-in-Storms. Am I right in guessing you mean the birds for sacrifice or perhaps divination?"

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

IN FRONT OF THE DRESS SHOP

Adam wrote:Alfonse makes a show of fanning himself, "Warm day, isn't it? Although I suppose this is mostly normal for men of Povero," he trails off, "Of course, standing around a marketplace with nothing to do doesn't exactly help. Guard duty is thirsty work." He snaps his fingers. "Tell you what, since you gave me a good laugh just now, let me do something for that thirst." He shuffles in his pocket and pulls out a Ducat, "Let me pay for your drinks when you sup, tonight." He flips one of them the coin.
The man catches the coin.
''Thank you, signore!"

The one who had spoken first, a scarred and gruff fellow who seems the oldest of the bunch, says,
"Waiting is a big part of our work, signore. Seems like you'll be waiting too. On fetching a maid, I mean, to get into the shop for you and do your business. Miss Dremonk won't allow any men in, nor even older boys. She's damned strict about it."
Last edited by ewancummins on Wed May 25, 2016 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Open Market, Titus

"For Divination purposes, signore," Titus says. "Though there are times those are one and the same, my skills is in augury, not in hauruspicy."

He holds up the caged birds. "Is there something you wish to learn form the Speaker-in-Storms, signore?"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.