POVERO Chapter Five

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: POVERO Chapter Five

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Fild nod to what Tom said "I really hope the humans here have a very fast wedding ritual... if those guys track Lady Elissa to the Rendezvous location, we're done for. We could delay them for perhaps a minute.

Can we use the secret tunnel to lose them?"
(Fild, unless he is truly panicking, will realize that there is no secret tunnel anyplace nearby. This vineyard is a few miles distant from the other one. No relation between the two vineyards, to his knowledge.)
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ESCAPE?

Alfonse stands on Fild's shoulders and pulls himself onto the top of the stone fence. He sees the horseman closing in on his companions and on the lady in a tightening semicircle.
Gertie and Damien scramble over the other way on either side of the wizard, going from the Holbin Estate into the adjacent field.
Thom grabs Elissa and swings the lady onto his back. He reaches for the wall, straining to climb up with the added weight of the clinging woman.

Swords flash. ''Halt! Let her go or we'll cut you down, rascal!"
The guards rise closer. Several of them slash at the air with their swords.
Alfonse speaks a strange word. The sound comes out of his mouth like a droning hive of bees setting in for the evening.
A sword drops from a guard's hand. A second later that man slumps over the saddle horn. So does the one next to him. Others nearby blink, yawn, cast about in their seats as if looking for...

The burglars. Who've just now dropped over the wall on the far side,, the lady Elissa with them!

Alfonse slips down last.
Regrouped by the mulberry bush near the wall, the party flees into the night, chased by groggy shouts.

Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Once they're running, the guards left on the other side of the estate's wall, Fild says "I can't believe that worked! Lady Hoblin, if we make it you and your fiancé owe most to that wizard next to me!" He says as he runs alongside Alfonse. "Guys, perhaps we should use the smaller alleys to lose any horsemen. If street thugs ambush us we can fight them off quickly. Our rich patron's pledge to no violence didn't extend to street thugs just to honorable men doing their job."

Then he says "perhaps now we should split to make it harder for the pursuers. Gertie is a woman and about Lady Hoblin's age. If a couple of us run with her, it could present problems for the guards or watch. Of course, it would mean we would be than much fewer if we're caught... "

To Elissa he says "You're a brave woman and your actions tonight prove your love and your loyalty to your fiancé above all else."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

As they are running down the street, away from those horsemen, Gertie can't help but look at Alfonse "Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank You!

Your next drinks are on me, Thank You Alfonse." She turns to Fild "Yeah we should keep to sneaking and skulking until we get to the rendesvous. And

thanks everyone for averting violence on the Holbin estate."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Tom is surprised of the spell's power.

"Great job indeed Alfonse! I will go with Gertie and Damien if he wants hoping the horses indeed lose or decide to follow us that we can hide. We will meet at the randevou point."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Alfonse, in his head, was picturing one or two of the horses falling asleep and tripping up the pursuit but also potentially injuring/killing the animals and their riders. He is, thus, quietly relieved to see the riders' drowsiness letting them escape.

However, when thanked, he nods arrogantly. "Did you expect anything different from my magic?" he says.

"I like the idea of keeping the girl safe by letting others distract the pursuit."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

THE PARTY FLEES INTO THE NIGHT, splitting up in an attempt to avoid pursuit...

END OF CHAPTER FIVE