RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away: Chapter 1 IC

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away: Chapter 1 IC

Post by alhoon »

Raen looks to Dorgio. "If you decide to indulge your wife and make the trip to Mordent, perhaps you could leave me a message to accompany you on the road?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Raen looks to Dorgio. "If you decide to indulge your wife and make the trip to Mordent, perhaps you could leave me a message to accompany you on the road?"

Lorna nods, moving away for the corner of the garden where her toddler fumbles along the edge of a flower bed.

Benn's young son, Jonas, walks near the smaller child, inspecting the plants.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio draws his wife closer as a chill looms in the air before letting her go to their son.

"You know," he tells her, "We once worked with Laurie Weathermay-Foxgrove, the woman who know runs Van Richten's shop now." He shakes his head. "Poor Gennifer, though, lost before her time."

"Perhaps we should visit Mordent soon, my love. Give little Sandor a chance to see his mother's homeland."

To Raen he nods, "It would be good to have a mage along for the trip. We were there in Mordent for some time, after wrapping up the Gauntcliff case, and I had the impression it was a land where a clever man could do well, despite how quiet Mordentshire sometimes seems.

He then turns to Juergen. "Speaking of traveling, your years hunting pirates must have taken you to more than a few strange islands. Have you any tales of what lies beyond the Sea of Sorrows?
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Brock Marsh Runoff wrote:
To Raen he nods, "It would be good to have a mage along for the trip. We were there in Mordent for some time, after wrapping up the Gauntcliff case, and I had the impression it was a land where a clever man could do well, despite how quiet Mordentshire sometimes seems.
Benn pulls Charlotte closer. "Perhaps a vacation at some point in the future would be nice," he says, "I've always wanted to go visit the old Doctor's shop."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara wakes up in her house in Pont only to find out that she was late for the dinner at Bennedict's house. Alas, the visit to her family messed her up really bad. She has left her house in St Ronges crying and having had a big fight with almost every member of her family. Why they couldn't understand her!!! Thinking of what happened the last days get tears at her eyes one more time. Taking a deep breath to calm a bit decides to have a hot bath and get ready as fast as she can. She is already late...

Wearing her finest long blue dress, high leather black boots and a black coat heads to Bennedict's house. Her only weapon is a dagger hidden in her purse. She stops only to a shop nearby to take a cake, after all it was the first time she visits her friend's house.

Hornsby let her inn and Sara looks for Benn and the others.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Sara wakes up in her house in Pont only to find out that she was late for the dinner at Bennedict's house. Alas, the visit to her family messed her up really bad. She has left her house in St Ronges crying and having had a big fight with almost every member of her family. Why they couldn't understand her!!! Thinking of what happened the last days get tears at her eyes one more time. Taking a deep breath to calm a bit decides to have a hot bath and get ready as fast as she can. She is already late...

Wearing her finest long blue dress, high leather black boots and a black coat heads to Bennedict's house. Her only weapon is a dagger hidden in her purse. She stops only to a shop nearby to take a cake, after all it was the first time she visits her friend's house.

Hornsby let her inn and Sara looks for Benn and the others.

Sara finds Benn, his family, and the other guests in the back garden.

The late summer evening weather remains pleasant. The gathering partly fills, but does not uncomfortably crowd, the little garden.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara admires the house and the little garden. How different it is than her own one, filled with happiness. Wearing her most beautiful smile gets closer and addresses first Benn and then the others.

"Mr Bennedict, thank you for inviting me at your party. It's a pleasure to be here."

Turning to Charlotte she says:

"Hello, I'm Sara. Your home is lovely. You have an excellent taste."

Then she salutes Dorgio and Raen.
Last edited by VAN on Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

VAN wrote:Sara admires the house and the little garden. How different it is than her own one, filled with happiness. Wearing her most beautiful smile gets closer and addresses first Benn and then the others.

"Mr Bennedict, thank you for inviting me at your party. It's a pleasure to be here."

Turning to Charlotte she says:

"Hello, I'm Sara. Your home is lovely. You have an excellent taste."

Then she salutes the rest of the party.

Charlotte smiles at her guest.
''You are very welcome here, Sara. Thank you for coming."

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"And this young man should be Jonas. Nice to meet you Jonas."

Turning to Lorna Sara says:

"Happy to meet you as well Ms Lorna, your son is adorable."

Turning to Juergin says always with a smile trying to not look at the bandana.

"I'm Sara, one of Mr Bennedict's and Dorgio's associates."
- W H A T ! ? !
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Charmed," Bennedict says, "Glad you could make it."
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Welcome Sara, everything goes well I hope?" Raen said courtly to the woman.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sara sighs, Raen is a friend he can trust and can speak about her family problems but now wasn't the right time and place to do so.

"I have been better, family stuff. I will tell you later if you want. Thanks Raen."

Forcing a smile she addresses all her friends and Jurgin and says:

"So, what were you discussing? Is there any interesting news here in Pont?"
- W H A T ! ? !
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Juergin turns and replies to Dorgio even as Sara arrives and introduces herself:

"I travelled to Ghastria. The food is very terrible. It ist like eattink sand or papyrus to be honest. I know sea captains buy some of their food

for travel becoss de rats unt verminish don't like it like other foods. None of us like eatink it but it is practical to haff on board. Gruz and Smezel

like playing vist de rats."

He pauses continuing his tales

"I have heard of a ghost Ship in de Sea of Sorrows but never seen it. Many sailors noticed that whaling is becoming increasingly more popular noe that some green gray

mist whales swim near the misty border. Dese animals provide amergris for parfumes, blubber for oil and very valuable bone. Many ships from ALmordia dominate this trade,

but some Dementlieu unt MOrdent men haff become invoilved."

He sips water and continues "I did be once in the weed sea, where I met my shadow friend. I was recently in Leudendorf unt passed by Mordent-Shire. I don't want to be rude wist Lorna, but would

it be possible I converse with her about it sometime this evening.. I have fond memories unt I think that is where she is from, ja?"

He looks at Sara "Nice to have met you Frau Sara."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

AS NIGHT CREEPS IN FROM THE EAST THE PARTY GOES BACK INSIDE THE HOUSE, HEADING INTO THE DINING ROOM…

Five tapers mounted in a brass candelabra on the long, narrow dining table shed light across the room but do not dispel the shadows lurking in the far corners. Horsnby draws the curtains wide and opens all the shutters set in the windows on three sides of the big corner room. Moonlit gloaming shines into the chamber, tinted blue-green by the bottleglass panes.
Horsnby and a maidservant bring jugs of wine and plates of food. The servants set the table in the Barovian style, with all the dishes brought together at once, covered in trays. And they bring plenty of wine.

Charlotte intones an Ezran table blessing. Lorna joins her hostess in speaking the familiar words.
VIEW CONTENT:
(Anyone paying close attention may note the way Dorgio’s wife slides her chair just a teensy bit away from him and does not look at him while she joins the prayer. DC 20 spot. But if you aren’t paying attention to other guests, don’t bother rolling.)
Dinner begins.
But only a few minutes into the meal, loud knocking sounds from the front of the house. Followed by indistinct voices.

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

The nice warm buzz from the glass of wine spreading in Bennedict's head vanishes in an instant as the knock at the door comes. Out of instinct, he peers at the closet where his crossbow is stored before chiding himself. Probably just the gendarmes with another case, he thinks.

He stands, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "If you'll excuse me, I'll be right back," he says. He nods to Hornsby and walks towards the entry.