RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Post by kintire »

Kat is intending to go to Benn's house if she is welcome. She will ride in the cart or make her own way there unless the geography is such that detouring via her own house is reasonable in which case she will do that on foot.

Assuming she cannot do that she has a nice dress, some hairpins which seem sturdy and some are slightly oddly bent and a wicked looking dirk.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Mister Stabby!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Anyone who wants to stay at thoms, and assist him can.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

POSTED

and updated/edited.

That most recent post is from SARA's POV, but it contains info for the whole party (minus Alain, and there's no reason why LordSkybolt shouldn't read it if he likes.)

Correct me if I have misread anything but :

THOM is staying put, guarding the wives and baby Sandor, with help from Bastion and the rest of his servants.

BENN, DORGIO, RAEN, KAT, and SARA are going with the gendarmes to investigate the disappearance of BENN's children and servants and the burglary at his house.

I'm proceeding with that set-up.

THE scene's are open. Feel free to post away.
Use headers, please, so the three scenes remain separate.

THOM'S MANSE
(THOM, NPCs)

BENN'S NEIGHBORHOOD
(Benn, most others)

SCOUTING THE GRIM BASTION
(Alain's Scene)
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:Kat is intending to go to Benn's house if she is welcome. She will ride in the cart or make her own way there unless the geography is such that detouring via her own house is reasonable in which case she will do that on foot.

Assuming she cannot do that she has a nice dress, some hairpins which seem sturdy and some are slightly oddly bent and a wicked looking dirk.
No time to detour. Too far off the route, and the gendarmes even seem worried about this one.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I've set up a new chapter.

The scenes pick up not long after the last chapter. Just read both and post as you please, guys.

LordSkybolt-- normally I refrain from inserting a lot of thoughts and memories into a PC perspective post, but I thought you'd like a reminder about past adventures. It's been years of real-time and any of us might be foggy on some details, which might be relevant or might just form background color. But it makes sense to me that Alain would recall some things more clearly with the sight of a place connected some of his strangest adventures before him.

And we know how important memories are to him these days... :azalin:

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

What happened with Raen's eyes?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

I just wish to clarify that it is the hairpins that are bent (into lockpicks in fact). Mr Stabby is perfectly straight.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

kintire wrote:I just wish to clarify that it is the hairpins that are bent (into lockpicks in fact). Mr Stabby is perfectly straight.
I'll fix that.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:What happened with Raen's eyes?

So far as Raen knows...nothing at all.

Only Sara saw that.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

KAT

Search skill roll, action indicated in the player's IC post

[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

gendarmes

[dice]0[/dice]

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Do we need to make a horror save for the ripped-off head? Raen didn't know the servant well, but he was serving Raen's dinner 2 nights ago.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Do we need to make a horror save for the ripped-off head? Raen didn't know the servant well, but he was serving Raen's dinner 2 nights ago.

Horror checks wouldn't be out of order.

I'll roll one for you.

[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Failure for Raen

For the nonce, RP it as you like.

Any future complications...

I'll let you know by PM.