RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: RAVENLOFT: The One That Got Away OOC

Post by alhoon »

Good to know.
Did Raen hear the "you look like killers" remark? It would have made him pay more attention to the beggar.

Also, unless I'm very wrong in Richemulot secrets are traded as a commodity. Offering the man a little food for the dogs for ... information even passing, about a killer seems to be very unfair transaction. Still, that's my thoughts. Raen doesn't care that much, even if he did hear the conversation.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Good to know.
Did Raen hear the "you look like killers" remark? It would have made him pay more attention to the beggar.

Also, unless I'm very wrong in Richemulot secrets are traded as a commodity. Offering the man a little food for the dogs for ... information even passing, about a killer seems to be very unfair transaction. Still, that's my thoughts. Raen doesn't care that much, even if he did hear the conversation.

listen

[dice]0[/dice]

He didn't catch ''killers.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Offering the man a little food for the dogs for ... information even passing, about a killer seems to be very unfair transaction.
You don't use your final position as your opening bid
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I didn't mean to impose, just thinking out loud mostly.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Of course. No imposition. Just giving an insight into Kats thinking
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Raen interjects in the discussion, adding nothing in fact. He tries to be friendly and doesn't know you're in the middle of bargaining.
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Just testing, nothing sinister going on at all

[dice]0[/dice]
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Wait, the old man with the countless dogs in a dark alley ... is not a beggar? That gets me (and Raen) by surprise. Does he seem insulted after that gaffe? (I think Raen hasn't heard the comment about him asking for dog food)

And if he's not a beggar... what is he? Just a somewhat eccentric old man with 7 dogs?

Sense motive (remember that the amulet gives a +4):

[dice]0[/dice] That's probably over 20... what does he hope to gain from us? Is he just chatting to pass the time?
My DMGuild work!
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Head to the fortune teller, unless Thibault needs something else.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Wait, the old man with the countless dogs in a dark alley ... is not a beggar? That gets me (and Raen) by surprise. Does he seem insulted after that gaffe? (I think Raen hasn't heard the comment about him asking for dog food)

And if he's not a beggar... what is he? Just a somewhat eccentric old man with 7 dogs?

Sense motive (remember that the amulet gives a +4):

[dice]230919:0[/dice] That's probably over 20... what does he hope to gain from us? Is he just chatting to pass the time?

He seems less an ordinary beggar and more some kind of feral man, an urban savage.
The dog don't treat him like a human master. More like a pack leader, but not quite that, either...
He doesn't appear hostile. No obvious weapons.
But something about his wild grin suggests he could as readily rip off a man's nose or ears as bite into a baguette.
He seems to want meat.
Almost like a scavenger trailing predators.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Hmmm... a savage in the city. That sounds more dangerous than a loony beggar.
My DMGuild work!
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Well he is giving Kat the serious creeps that's for sure...
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Well, bad news guys. There's going to be a massive volcanic explosion underneath Pont.

But good news, the Doctor's going to regenerate into one of us in about four seasons. So we've got that to look forward to. :wink:
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

And later that afternoon, Benn ( accompanied by any of those others of his party coming along to hear what the RUBY ORACLE has to say) ...
If I may ask: Kintire: Where's Kat going now? If Sarah is with her, Raen may opt (if he has the time) to go to the vistani. If you plan to do something dangerous like try to confront the red-haired guy, then Raen will be with the women. If you just plan to shadow him, then Raen would be more of a liability.

Ewan: Does Raen has the time to go to the Vistani after he bids farewell to the women?
Even if he is, I am not sure where he will go yet. So please, make the Vistani meeting a bit vague about who is in attendance...

About the painted Vistani: IF Raen is there, what would he know about the cultural significance of these paintings? Or they're just props to "Sell" the whole mystery thing to clients better? I recall the vistani following the Caravan have some weirder, freakish masks which have some function.
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:
And later that afternoon, Benn ( accompanied by any of those others of his party coming along to hear what the RUBY ORACLE has to say) ...
If I may ask: Kintire: Where's Kat going now? If Sarah is with her, Raen may opt (if he has the time) to go to the vistani. If you plan to do something dangerous like try to confront the red-haired guy, then Raen will be with the women. If you just plan to shadow him, then Raen would be more of a liability.

Ewan: Does Raen has the time to go to the Vistani after he bids farewell to the women?
Even if he is, I am not sure where he will go yet. So please, make the Vistani meeting a bit vague about who is in attendance...

About the painted Vistani: IF Raen is there, what would he know about the cultural significance of these paintings? Or they're just props to "Sell" the whole mystery thing to clients better? I recall the vistani following the Caravan have some weirder, freakish masks which have some function.

Yep, I made attendance a bit vague on purpose.

Raen has time to be there.
He probably filtered in and stood in the back while the Ruby Oracle spoke.

Knowledge: Arcana roll for the other question.