Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Post by ewancummins »

A fortnight of good, regular meals runs about seven deniers.
(0.5 deniers x 14 =7)
A fortnight in a good quality inn room runs about twenty-eight deniers (20 follaros = 2 deniers. That is the price for one night. A fortnight is fourteen days. 14x2=28).

35 deniers would thus give a PC a pleasant, private, but not ostentatious or attention grabbing stay in the city.

You can go down from there if you want to share a room, eat cheap meals, sleep in the stable loft or the common room, etc.

An NPC did warn you about thieves.

Do as you please.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Note that Fild's budget was affected slightly by the way he spent some of his share before you left Povero. That is all noted above.

Everybody else has a flat 1000 deniers to spend or save as he pleases, after ALL taxes, fees, surcharges, and so on have been subtracted.

No, it does not all need to be in cash. As noted in the POvero OOC, you may " buy" gemstones of jewelry out or the loot chest as part of your share.
Say an item was appraised at 300 pence/deniers value. Just add that thing to you character sheet, noting its value, and post here that you claimed it for your own.
Gemstones and jewelry tend to be less bulky for the value than coins.
But you might wants sacks of coins.
Or you might decide to just spend most of your money on armor, horses, and stuff like that.
It's up to you.

The pause between this prelude and the first chapter will provide time to square this stuff away.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

ewancummins wrote:success at appraisal yields this info

Gems 1. 2 x Alexandrite (500 silver pence)
2. Coral (100 silver pence)
3. Moss Agate (10 silver pence)
4. Pink Pearl (100 silver pence)
5. Rhodochrosite (10 silver pence)
6. Turquoise (10 silver pence)
7. 2 x Zircon (50 silver pence)
Total value = 1330 silver pence
Jewelry 1. Gold earrings set with gems (4000 silver pence)
2. Gold tiara set with gems (3000 silver pence)
3. Wrought gold bracelet (700 silver pence)
4. Wrought gold brooch (1300 silver pence)
Total value = 9000 silver pence
Total value 10330 silver pence

Each coffer worth 110 silver pence (the high quality locks and very sturdy construction add value)

Remember , I use a silver standard. In regular old D&D terms, you just hauled in over 1OK gold pieces worth of loot. Even divided eight ways (Gertie, Thom, Damien, Alfonse, Fild, Titus, Sixt, the man from the Builders Guild), it's a lot for each of you.

A little over 1290 apiece, in fact.
If you want your PC to keep an item, like a stone or a coffer, just subtract its value from 1291.25.

Gertie will keep a coffer.

Shady contacts you have made in the city, and the very good will (while it lasts) of the Savelle family, will allow you to convert gems and jewelry to cash at only a 10% surcharge.
If you buy goods from the Savelle storehouses and import shops, you can make a straight trade for the full value of the stones or jewels.
Follow the values above, but go with the 1000 deniers figure, not 1291.25 (which was pretax and preapparsial -- you didn't even know it all all worth that much a share)

But Alfonse did just get you guys part of the cost of passage returned, so I can add that back in.
Or you can just waive your first week in the inn and you first week of meals. Nothing to add or subtract.

Pence= denier

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild will stay in a COMMON Inn (14 x 0.5 = 7 deniers) with 7 more for food.

How much for the drinks he's often buying in order to make friends? 60 follaros (6 Deniers) is good enough? So I could wrap it at 20 deniers total?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Fild will stay in a COMMON Inn (14 x 0.5 = 7 deniers) with 7 more for food.

How much for the drinks he's often buying in order to make friends? 60 follaros (6 Deniers) is good enough? So I could wrap it at 20 deniers total?
Sure.

VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Ewan, I will be less around till 20 September but I will check in when I can :) Tom will go with Gertie when she wanders by the city especially if she goes again to buy shady stuff.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cool. We can assume a start date no sooner than the 20th. That ought to give anybody still working on his sheet time to finish.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Cool. We can assume a start date no sooner than the 20th. That ought to give anybody still working on his sheet time to finish.

I just have to add her purchases.

ewan , let me know if there is anything she couldn't get, IE the armor
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

rumors

[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

gnome chatter

[dice]0[/dice]

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

and biz

[dice]0[/dice]

alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Is that post about the jobs supposed to be in the IC?

In any case, Fild pushes for justice for the poor gnome performer. His argument is that there will always be expeditions to the South while the case with the murder will soon grow cold.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

alhoon wrote:Is that post about the jobs supposed to be in the IC?

In any case, Fild pushes for justice for the poor gnome performer. His argument is that there will always be expeditions to the South while the case with the murder will soon grow cold.

It is indeed where it belongs.

But feel free to discuss it in OOC.

This thread is good for table talk, after all.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

I like the warm forest gig
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »