Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Online roleplaying at the Café
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Beyond Povero OOC and recruitment

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:RE party's next move--you guys have not reached an agreement.

Alfonse is the default group leader, so we could give him a double vote, if you like.
Adam, thoughts?

Right now it is:

Gertie= let's go south with the Burgoddins.

Fild= let's go investigate this murder on Chimbley Head, in gnome country.

Alfonse= Gaarrrhhh! Pickpockets!

Tom: (no opinion given, presumably will go with Gertie if he doesn't have a different notion)

Sixt(maybe not in group--need to check with Lord Skybolt)

Gertie will follow Fild's idea after all. Gnome Country sounds interesting
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

We'll see what Adam thinks.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Fild is OK if we decide to help the people that asked our help. But he's also OK with waiting till the gnomes safe-test the Bell and find an alchemical solution for lights.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[dice]0[/dice]

Gertie's Fishing Check
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

steveflam wrote:[dice]232515:0[/dice]

Gertie's Fishing Check
Result
VIEW CONTENT:
Fild's idea might work. It would require a large boat or barge. Alfonse knows something about engineering, doesn't he? And Sixt was a fighting-man aboard ships--he might know about how to handle a craft with heavy equipment aboard.

If not the crane idea, then maybe whatever this water-monster is can be trapped in a cage like a huge crab , netted like a big fish, or harpooned like a whale?

One thing's for sure--an ordinary hook and cane pole won't be enough!
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Okay, questions from DM:

Since it seems the party may be going ''fishing'' for a monster...

1 Boat or no boat?

2 Harpoon or no harpoon?

3 Trap/crane or no mechanical device?

4 Chum or no chum?

5 How much are you prepared to spend on materials?
(Everything you guys have mentioned thus far is easily available for purchase, except the big trap--and an engineering or carpentry NWP roll would suffice to build something from available materials)

6 Any scouting/sniffing about before hand?

7 Any additional info gathering?

8 What time or day or night will you start your active monster hunt?

9 Who is going after the monster? Looks like Gertie, Alfonse, Fild, and Aramia.
Thom? (Van's been busy, I know)

10 Hiring those two NPC crabbers or not? Seems like you have said yes.

Anybody else?

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

I wouldn't want to make this an uprofitable venture, so let's try to avoid dropping so much money on this that it ends up being too risky to bother with. Right now I'm thinking we go out at a time the tales have said when the thing would be active. Chum the waters, then harpoon the thing and deal with it on the surface. We can ask around for other info while we're renting the boat. If the crabbers want to tag along and help, that's fine.
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:I wouldn't want to make this an uprofitable venture, so let's try to avoid dropping so much money on this that it ends up being too risky to bother with. Right now I'm thinking we go out at a time the tales have said when the thing would be active. Chum the waters, then harpoon the thing and deal with it on the surface. We can ask around for other info while we're renting the boat. If the crabbers want to tag along and help, that's fine.
Okie-dokie.

I'll wait for some posts from SteveFlam, Van, Alhoon, etc. Once I see some posts, either OOC or IC, I'll move ahead to a new scene if the players generally agree.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Adam wrote:I wouldn't want to make this an uprofitable venture, so let's try to avoid dropping so much money on this that it ends up being too risky to bother with. Right now I'm thinking we go out at a time the tales have said when the thing would be active. Chum the waters, then harpoon the thing and deal with it on the surface. We can ask around for other info while we're renting the boat. If the crabbers want to tag along and help, that's fine.
I agree with Harpooning the thing, but we need some strong people to pull that thing in if it's as big as think it is.

Maybe rig some kind of huge mechanism attached to the rope's harpoon so we can reel it in.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Lets go a bit minimalist at first. after all, its been eating crabs and maybe attacking small boats. we have no reason to believe its huge.

If it IS huge... yay for Gnome country! those murders won't solve themselves!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

I would agree with Kintire here. And so would Fild.

Do we know it is one big thing? And not several that attack one at a time? What I would prefer to avoid is to harpoon the thing only to have his brother show up during the fight.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!