Search Common Words

Post questions and suggestions here
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Search Common Words

Post by Ender »

Is there a way for the default search settings to allow terms that it deems "too common"? That is, searching for something like "Strahd" or "Barovia" returns a result that reads "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words:" and then the words I've entered that are too common. If there's a way to disable that feature server-side, that could be really helpful and mitigate the number of duplicated threads (not that there are too many of those in the first place).
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Search Common Words

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

You know, I've been bothered by this too, and never considered that there might be a way to disable it. Thanks for the idea...

and it's done!

However, I had to rebuild the search index after disabling it. It's re-indexing now. Might be an hour or so before search is working again, but when it is, you should be able to search for common words...

Fun fact: the threshold for "common" was set to 1%, so over 1% of our posts were referencing Strahd and Barovia. :)
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Ender
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ender »

Thanks, Gonzoron!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Ron is a computer fey, and we are the one who got him to our service.

Ok, it did cost us our soul, but we still think it was worth it.

:cookie: :cookie:
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Zilfer
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Zilfer »

OMG Thank the infernal death gods of the Eternal Order this has been done! I absoutely hated getting that message and it hindered so many searches of this forum. Gods if I had only thought to seek the aid of our Shadow Masters of the Fraternity! Now no longer do the glyphs and runes spin about me so, and the forbidden knowledge I see is clear! I must make haste least I loose the ability to discern these Arcane Secrets!!! :azalin: :Strahd:
There's always something to lose.

Fraternity of Shadows Discord
https://discord.gg/AM6Kp95ekf