Yay to an influx of new people

Post questions and suggestions here
Something Profound
Conspirator
Conspirator

Passing through...

Post by Something Profound »

A couple of things...I needed to make a post (or suffer the wrath of the powers that be), and I figured this would be the best place to put it.

Second, I'm glad to see that you are planning to carry on your love of RavenLoft. I've recently been indoctrinated into RavenLoft by a friend, and I can't get enough of it. I was a bit disappointed to find out that there isn't more being produced for RavenLoft.

However, if they are considering it for 4.0, I'd still be a bit wary of it personally. The 4.0 rules came as a huge disappointment for me. I personally think they were a bit crazy when they made the rules changes.

Then again, I might just by the source material if it's good.
It is a little known fact that zombies can also be defeated by jelly filled doughnuts.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Passing through...

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Something Profound wrote:A couple of things...I needed to make a post (or suffer the wrath of the powers that be), and I figured this would be the best place to put it.
Welcome! And don't fear our wrath, it's reserved for spammers.
I was a bit disappointed to find out that there isn't more being produced for RavenLoft.
we all are. :( But there is... sorta. See our FAQ for more details, but some Ravenloft-ish stuff is creeping into the main 4e product line, especially in the online Dragon magazine.
However, if they are considering it for 4.0, I'd still be a bit wary of it personally. The 4.0 rules came as a huge disappointment for me. I personally think they were a bit crazy when they made the rules changes.
Well, 4e has its adherents and detractors here, but I think we all agree that the rule system isn't as important as the content, and if the content is Ravenloft, we'll be there. :)

Welcome again!
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Something Profound
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Something Profound »

Well, 4e has its adherents and detractors here, but I think we all agree that the rule system isn't as important as the content, and if the content is Ravenloft, we'll be there.
Indeed. To be honest I prefer "fluff" anyways to rules, as it is always worth the inspiration. If They do release anything for RavenLoft for 4E I'll be able to get the setting development material out of it least, so it's not a total loss. And so long as it works in the end, it doesn't really matter which edition you go with right?
It is a little known fact that zombies can also be defeated by jelly filled doughnuts.
yoru
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by yoru »

I'd like to be a new board player but not sure on the time investment needed. Is this something I can do off and on or do I need to spend a few hours a day with the board? Or does it depend on the other players?
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Definatelely depends on the other players and the DM. Check with the DM for what kind of time commitment (s)he's looking for...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Vorcoth
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Yay to an influx of new people

Post by Vorcoth »

Hi gang, new to the forums, not to the site. I've been playing Ravenloft since the original I6 adventure and then the black box. It is, hands down, the greatest fantasy setting of any roleplaying game.

I was an active contributor at the Kargatane site, and have followed the FoS here since the site went live. When the 3e product line went away, I sort of stopped following Ravenloft online and kept my to my tabletop rp with it, but it's nice to see the community here is still active.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Yay to an influx of new people

Welcome, Vorcoth! Good to have another old timer here. :)