Mistipedia entries blank, Editing screen has gone weird

Post questions and suggestions here
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mistipedia entries blank, Editing screen has gone weird

Post by The Lesser Evil »

It seems like some of the Mistipedia entries are blank even though the source data is still there when you edit it. Example: Category:Church of Ezra, Gennifer Weathermay-Foxgrove, etc. This seems to have happened randomly as others are perfectly intact.

In addition, the Edit Page screen seems to have become messed up. The two squares at the bottom of the screen (I think one was "Minor Change"") have no description beside of the squares. So lthe one that should indicate "Minor Change"" doesn't say "Minor Change", for example.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Mistipedia entries blank, Editing screen has gone weird

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

yikes!

that is severely messed up...

I'll try to figure it out and fix it asap.

thanks for the head's up.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK, I think I found the issue. Looks like our host upgraded a package that the wiki software relies on. I need to upgrade the wiki software to match. Having some issues doing that, but I'll work through them. stay tuned...
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK, I fixed it, I think.

Only trouble (I hope!) is that the default skin is reverted back to the mediwiki default, without my hacks to make it DARK AND GOTHIC. I'll fix that in the coming days, but at least the wiki is usable again.

let me know if anything else broke from the upgrade process. (it was not an easy one...)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

All back to normal now, I think. As a bonus, we're now running the latest wiki software, so there may be some nice bells and whistles that surface here and there.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

When you edit a page, the screen around and below the "this is a minor edit", "watch this page" and "Please note that all contributions to..." is all white, preventing the text from being seen. This is a particularly annoying problem when you are asked to entere a captcha. The box around the "categories" section of an entry, around any table of contents for an entry, and around a table are also white, though this is not much of a problem in preventing text from being read.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Lesser Evil wrote:When you edit a page, the screen around and below the "this is a minor edit", "watch this page" and "Please note that all contributions to..." is all white, preventing the text from being seen. This is a particularly annoying problem when you are asked to entere a captcha. The box around the "categories" section of an entry, around any table of contents for an entry, and around a table are also white, though this is not much of a problem in preventing text from being read.
Knocked those four out. Let me know if any others crop up. (.css is a pain. It's hard to find all the places to flip the colors from the default skin.)
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Found another one. When you go to the "Difference between revisions of" page for a subject, it has the changes made all in white with a white background such that the letters aren't visible. So if I inserted the line "{{Homebrew}}" and compared my change to a previous version, for example, that insertion would not be visible.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

OK, I didn't see any white-on-white there, just white-on-(pale green or pale yellow), which is nearly as bad. I made some tweaks. let me know if that's better. If you do actually see white-on-white someone, can you link to it?

thanks again.