Important Quest!

Books, movies, television and everything else
Georg Kristianokov
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Important Quest!

Post by Georg Kristianokov »

Hello. I have a most important quest for anyone who wants to be helpful.

I, thinking that Morrowind is superior to Oblivion, wanted to obtain the game of the year edition. Unfortunately, the Morrowind Construction Set is not for download anymore. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Death to the salad eaters!--Verbrekian War cry

I can post almost everything I've written, just PM me!
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dimitri Mazieres »

As far as I remember, Morrowind's Construction Set was included with the original game.

And I agree that, except for graphics, Morrowind is a vastly superior game. ;)
[i]"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"[/i]
DasSoviet
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by DasSoviet »

Ayup, to the best of my recollection, the Construction Set was a separate CD that came along with Morrowind, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon within the 4 CD set of the Game of the Year Edition.

And yes, Morrowind was indeed an all-around brilliant game!
Greetings, Citizens! A reminder: Happiness is mandatory. Those not enjoying themselves shall find themselves terminated.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Oblivion was very good, although I agree that Morrowind was better. On the other hand, Oblivion shortens travel times, that were killing Morowind for me.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

DasSoviet wrote:Ayup, to the best of my recollection, the Construction Set was a separate CD that came along with Morrowind, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon within the 4 CD set of the Game of the Year Edition.
Actually, it came in the same CD as the original game. The second CD (which was also present in the original release) included the contents of the unpacked BSA archives (textures, meshes, sounds, etc.)
alhoon wrote:Oblivion was very good, although I agree that Morrowind was better. On the other hand, Oblivion shortens travel times, that were killing Morowind for me.
True. But Oblivion's linear, and frankly, not very deep, storyline combined with the horrible leveling system, which made goblins terrifying at level 1 as well as at level 50, was a failure. Fortunately, mods helped a lot. :)
[i]"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"[/i]
Georg Kristianokov
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Thank you very much for the quick response. :)

And have any of you heard of Martigen's Monster Mod?

It adds like, 300+ monsters to the game and more!

Unfortunately for me, my laptop did not have memory for such added content. And we should all know how annoying it is to kill a vampire in slow-mo!

Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Georg Kristianokov wrote:Thank you very much for the quick response. :)
Glad to help! :D
Georg Kristianokov wrote:And have any of you heard of Martigen's Monster Mod?

It adds like, 300+ monsters to the game and more!
Yup. I used it along Francesco's leveling mod when my PC was able to run Oblivion. It helps make the game a much better experience.
Georg Kristianokov wrote:Unfortunately for me, my laptop did not have memory for such added content. And we should all know how annoying it is to kill a vampire in slow-mo!
I hear you. Since my previous video card died, I'm stuck with my GeForce 6150 onboard graphic chipset, which of course can't run Oblivion. But on the plus side, I got a lot more free time now. :D
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

While you're at it, you may want to give Fallout 3 a try. It's obviously not a medieval fantasy game but it's really in depth and fun.
Georg Kristianokov
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

I heard Fallout crashes alot