Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Kas the Betrayer in 4e

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Hi,

From Wizbrom another preview on "Open Grave":

Direct link to PDF

Another bastardisation with the goal to retcon Ravenloft material into the new Shadowfell concept.

(Which, in itself, is not new, but taken from old TSR's Birthright setting, btw.)

Yours,

Rafael
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Kas the Betrayer in 4e

Post by ewancummins »

Rafael wrote:Hi,

Direct link to PDF

Another bastardisation with the goal to retcon Ravenloft material into the new Shadowfell concept.

(Which, in itself, is not new, but taken from old TSR's Birthright setting, btw.)

Yours,

Rafael
Shadowfell=the new Ravenloft,eh? I doubt it will be very 'gothic'. :wink:

It matters not. The excellent fan support for Ravenloft means we don't ever really need WotC to make new Ravenloft stuff. :twisted:
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lanus
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lanus »

I'm not too familiar with the history of Vecna and Kas in Ravenloft; at least I know the somehow left the Mists. Now, the article has very little and vague fluff, and it never mentions where Kas and Vecna went after their epic struggle, just his current whereabouts.

Also, I asume that in Ravenloft one will have to refluff everything anyway
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Re: Kas the Betrayer in 4e

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Rafael wrote:Hi,

Direct link to PDF

Keep in mind Kas was stolen from Greyhawk along with Vecna. So we can hardly complain about him being stolen from Ravenloft.
Ornum
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Ornum »

Some people prefer to ignore anything associated with Vecna and Kas in Ravenloft anyway (not sure about the FoS viewpoint on the subject). I know for a fact that most of Vecna's escape from the Mists into Sigil is ignored by Planescape fans, also.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

So... they bastardized what most Ravenlofters (at least everyone I've spoken to) already consider a bastardization. Interesting.

Looked over the preview. Kas is meh, but I like the Blackstar Knights. Stone warriors powered by undying spirits and with a power that prevents you from ever running from them? Sounds like rather good minions for Azalin or even Strahd.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing