Order of the Stick

Books, movies, television and everything else
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Order of the Stick

Post by Ail »

For any folks here who know what Order of the Stick is, it is currently now showing a paladin falling from grace. And I think it is very satisfactorily done. I keep remembering Elena Faith-Hold, though I don't exactly know how she fell.

Alex
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

I think I perfer Belkars original plan to get Mikio to fall. Of course, it was hampared by the fact he would have surely died.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:I think I perfer Belkars original plan to get Mikio to fall. Of course, it was hampared by the fact he would have surely died.
I prefer this way. She fell as a consequence of her own mindset and acts. She was not deceived by anyone, only jumped too fast to some conclusions. This is an excellent metaphor of inquisitors, for instance (see also Peter Cushing in The Twins of Evil) when people just set themselves to some line of reasoning that makes sense to them and shut the eyes to all other possibilities namely the most important one, that they could be wrong and still lack definite proof.

I find Rich has done this very well, and very RL-ish in a way (or this is just me and my perception has been changed because I've been in RL for so long).

Alex
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
Undead Cabbage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: In one of Neil Gaiman's books, or at least I wish I was.

Post by Undead Cabbage »

Ha!

I so called that! Or more like, if I had a character like Miko in my campaign, she would been on the path to falling from grace ever since she started this whole grudge against the OOTS gang. I didn't think Richard Berlew was going to go ahead and do it though: a number of people on the OOTS board felt that Miko was justified as a Paladin.

Score one for the dark side :twisted:
Jennifer
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Jennifer »

And OOTS just set another wonderful example for making people cross over to the dark side.

In the latest story arc Vaarsuvius had been teetering on the edge for a long time. It was all very understandeble, traumatized by the experiences of the war in Azure city, stressed due to the breakup of the party, more stress due to his/her failure to locate other party-members and finally a threat to his family.

And then he/she was tempted masterfully by a set of demons.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0640.html

And then...well, just read the conclusion. But this is wonderful ravenloft temptation of normal/neutral people to push them over the edge. Study material for all DMs and players i should think.

Jennifer