Kartakass: Chapter Seven

Online roleplaying at the Café
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Deari relaxes back into Lucius's arms with his firm hold comforting to her, and nods with a smile to the answer she received from George. She enjoys the feel of his hands through her hair, and after settling in responds after a slight almost whisper from Lucius.

"I see, and I guess I understand, I just worry in matters of the curse is all!"

She looks slightly up toward Lucius face, and grabs hold of his stroking arm to hold firmly and yet gently as she speaks of the curse almost out of reflex. While she is comforted by the touch it felt off while Lucius words were odd and gaze so distant. He seemed so deep in thought, she assumed he had just spoken aloud his thoughts. However she wonders what is so of interest to him about the books in this Société. She soon however directs herself to the conversation at hand, still holding firmly to his hand.
Last edited by A G Thing on Thu May 14, 2009 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius breaks out of his reverie as quickly as he entered it and looks at Deari with an expression of deep gratitude. Even saying no word, she could understand it was a very meaningful and expressive look. He passed his hand through her face and then her forehead, pushing aside the hair that usually veils her left eye and part of her face.
"You are so beautiful" he says lowly "and so caring too... I'm glad I met you."

Then he turns to George and the twins.

"I'm amazed you know Dr Van Richten, and more, that he's a friend unto you. Unfortunately, I can be almost sure we have never seen him on our journey. He is sort of an idol to me, I confess... there are many stories about him going around in some select circles... at the University of Port-a-Lucine, for example. And many stories about his books too."

He shifts his gaze from one of the Twins to the other, then looks around at his companions.

"I have never, knowingly, held a book of his in my hands. If I did, I'd treat it as a valuable diamond. But he's an example to us all. And in fact, he could be a teacher to us all, as it seems we've stumbled on a dark quest where knowledge is vital. But now, you say you're looking for him and that there are tales of his death... that befuddles me, and more, that saddens me greatly. Is then this great man supposed to have passed away? And mysteriously too?"
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The girls remain quiet as thier uncle speaks. Gennifer nearly speaks when it is mentioned that Van Richten is thought to be deceased, but refrains. George, on the other hand listens to Lucius and answers his questions.

"As to Van Richten being dead, it is true to some, false to others. I seriously doubt he is deceased. That old coot is hard to kill at best if you ask me. He is probably hiding right now, doing some research on this or that type of monster. The girls are following me around, but are more interested in his work. They do research on all types of creatures and are now on the road with me to learn in the field. They're not so bad."

Both girls look at George but say nothing.

"Well... it's getting late, I think I'll retire. Girls you should too. We need to get on the raod and on our way early in the morning."

The man stands and stretches. Jacob leads him to a room and returning, he leads the girls to their room. Once done, he goes to his room and closes the door behind him. Soon the rest of you retire to your rooms.

The next morning you all convene for breakfast before you part for your different routes.

AFter several hours you finally make it to the steamboat! Within the hour you are admitted with no fuss? How was that possible? You paid nothing and the trip is free to Martira Bay? You are told it's been paid by a friend. Soon, you are off and on your way to Martira Bay.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Making his way on the boat with his gear, William turns to the others.

"A friend, huh? who do you suppose it is this time?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van chuckles.

"Balfour for sure! We get the items so I guess he is happy and wanted to thank us with some way. I'm sure we will see him in Martira Bay and he will ask us how was our trip etc but the only thing he will really care are the items...So I think we should head first at the temple and meet Father Dentor and then go anywhere else. We need to tell him that we need one item for Lucius and that he cannot have both. Doubt he will like it, but this is the right thing to do in my opinion."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

"I think Van is right about Balfour. He did agree to pay for our expenses for us to do his mission." Lucius commented. Then he added
"As for keeping the amulet for me, that is not what I want: I simply wish to be cured of this maladie, and Vassili's too, and then I will return the amulet."
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

<still on the previous night>

As every one started going for their rooms, Lucius and Deari stayed behind, as if they had been waiting precisely for that. Lucius felt the anxiety swell in his chest, and his heart burst at a stormy pace.
"Alone at last", he said to her, blushing. The sounds in the cottage quickly died out, leaving them alone in the darkness, illuminated only by the moonlight that filtered through the windows. But their eyes glistened in expectation and seemed to compensate for the darkness.

Lucius reached for her hand, he could feel her tension too.
"Deari... do you think we should... ?" he left the thought unfinished. He was sure she would understand.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

<Still>

She stared up, and as he spoke, she held back. His words were tense yet excited and they brought more focused the thoughts and feelings of the night to her minds eye. His eyes shown green, in the reflected moon light and she found them captivating as they shone clearly. He wanted to act and yet he held back, just as she did.

He took her hand and she grabbed hold firmly out of longing. He asked, half of a question she had in her own mind, and without thought she acted. She moved in to kiss him quite passionately, and while it surprised even her she did not stop... At least until moments later, when her thoughts caught up to her... She pulled back on the edge of relenting to her desires, and held herself just far enough for her to feel his breath on her face, and she waited, trembling with emotion as tears of frustration and joy threatened to come right then...

"I want to... But I don't know..."

If he wished to go forward, she knew that she could not hold back, but she could not decide just then...
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius was anxious, agitated and uncertain. Deari's kiss was so profound and passionate that he almost forgot why he hesitated. At that moment, he only wanted to take her in his arms, furiously kiss her, even despoil her of her armour and clothes and consume their passion then and there...
But she stayed herself, and it was like the vertigo had passed. His heart still raced. He could see tears dangling at the edge of her eyes, ready to fall after a word of his. And he knew what he had to say might hurt her.
He kissed her front instead and took her hand to his chest, so she could feel his pounding heart. It was so hard to try to remain calm and rational when all his body yearned for Deari's.

"I so long for you Deari... I yearn for your kisses, for feeling my legs entwine in yours, to wake up holding you in my arms, your skin touching mine..."
He paused, looing deep into her. He almost could see a moonlit sparkle rolling down her cheek.

"I would spend this night with you Deari. And it would be the perfect time for us. Alas, I carry a scourge within me and I fear I could contaminate you too. I know you desire me as much as I want you. But I'm not ready to risk your life, Deari."

He shut his true feelings, but he was trembling. He knew she would be frustrated, but so was he... and yet this was the right thing to do, he thought. One night of bliss does not justify a whole life of tragedy. But his heart was weeping... the night had been so full of promise for them, and indeed the most beautiful night of his life! To end it like this was like being stabbed by a friendly hand.
He got up and walked to the window, his silhouette framed against the moonlight. He hid his face in his hands, trying to contain himself. He had chosen what he hoped would be the lesser of two pains.
He turned back to her, at length. She herself was illuminated by the eerie night light. Perfect, womanly and beckoning, she stood there and he didn't know what to say or expect.
We could just share a room, mayhap even a bed, but would we control ourselves?
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by A G Thing »

She understood and while she was dissapointed in the wait, she was proud of him. She smiled and stood with several measured breaths slowly walked over, regaining composure with each step. She had the same thoughts now that her mind was clear enough to view them as more than fleeting concerns... The night had been wonderful, and there would have been no better end, except the one here and now.

More than the passion was the concern, and it made her want him more, and yet also gave her the strength to stand with him. The light hit his back and while his front was dim from where he had moved, he stood clear through the shade to her eyes. Her tears fell and were now of a purely calm and happy nature... She eventually reached his side and slid her arm into his resting her head against his arm.

"We should not abandon the things that make us good, just to be together in that way... I feel the same, and would never demand you risk me, for something that while beautiful, can wait... We will have but a short time to wait and I feel I can hold myself to restraint now that we have held back, but only because you were just as strong."

She smiles and gives him a slow but pressing kiss, that lasts for a good moment, and yet is restrained near the end. She could control herself, and yet she knew only if no further temptation came of tonight. She began the walk back to the rooms, arm in arm, and when he had walked with her to the door of her room, she turned in the door way and leaned slightly looking up at his caring yet almost regal face. She looked as if about to kiss him once more, while she barely had her fingers resting upon his cupped hand, but as if but a melodic whisper only a few words came from her slightly parted lips...

"I do not know, or wish to end this moment... The time from now to the marrow seems still too far off... But if in the sun you will still smile at me, if you will speak as have with such joy and love, and hold me with but the innocent way you desire me... Even if we must hold back, then I could spend such an eternity waiting to see those eyes as I rise, and feel your touch just once more as I wake. Tomorrow would not seem so far off with a dream like that to fill the night between."

She takes but a slight breath, and steps back to sit on the edge of the bed, with a pure emotion in her chest, still keeping nothing withdrawn and leaving herself open to the feelings, so that they might reach and comfort him. Her gaze softly connects with his own, watching for every chairished expression, her words still just but above a whisper...

"I will wait if I must... But if you can still be strong for tonight then perhaps I do not have to dream alone..."

And so he stood in the doorway, and she hoped he felt the earnest comfort and truth of her words.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius stood in the doorway for a brief moment, and he almost felt his legs give way. Deari's beautiful words moved him and he felt the truth and honesty of every word. A smile illuminated his face as if a single ray of moonlight had shone over him in the dark of night. Peace dawned on him and without saying a word he entered the room, softly closing the door behind him, and sat beside Deari on the bed.
He leaned against her shoulder and then murmured

"I shall be strong... so shall you, dear. I too wish to see the sun cast its first rays over you and bathe your face in its light as it does the pure snow on the tallest mountain. I will be your dream tonight."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The evening passes without further incident. The next few days pass without any action. For once it is a quiet trip. On several occasions any of you spying the skies will spot a familiar figure in that of Lupzig, the owl!
So the old man is keeping tabs on you after all.

Finally on one fine evening oyu pull into Martira Bay and Darkon!

THUS ENDS CHAPTER SEVEN!

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... php?t=6318

There the new link ;)