Darklords of the New Age: Comments thread

Discussing all things Ravenloft
NykylaiHellray
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NykylaiHellray »

What about the train master and princess stella?
[quote="Kelliack"] It is the lost coin of the gods when they first flipped to see who would get which portfolio.[/quote]
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

What of them? If you're asking when we'll see them, I expect them both near the end of the alphabetical list. I'm particularly looking forward to the Train Master.
Sorti
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sorti »

Chiara and Guendalina staring at each other at the RLR beauty contest :D

(From Cross_'s Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cross_/ , I found it with my overwhelming google-fu)
(the fact they look so perfect is probably due to my sick imagination :D)
(ok sorry we can go back to our serious discussions now :P)
Coltiviamo per tutti un rancore
che ha l'odore del sangue rappreso
ciò che allora chiamammo dolore
è soltanto un discorso sospeso
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Yaoi Huntress Earth »

So where's the new entry? Don't mean to be pushy.
I'm a deviant: yaoi-huntress-earth.deviantart.com
NykylaiHellray
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NykylaiHellray »

Igor the Henchman wrote:What of them? If you're asking when we'll see them, I expect them both near the end of the alphabetical list. I'm particularly looking forward to the Train Master.
Sorry when you said the order I suddenly got worried that maybe my emails didnt arrive in wolfs mail ^^;
[quote="Kelliack"] It is the lost coin of the gods when they first flipped to see who would get which portfolio.[/quote]
WolfKook
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by WolfKook »

NykylaiHellray wrote:Sorry when you said the order I suddenly got worried that maybe my emails didnt arrive in wolfs mail ^^;
You mail did, but somehow I can't find the Professor Humbert Greimas. Sorti, may you please post him in the main thread? It seems he got lost in the mists...
"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom"
William Blake
Sorti
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Sorti »

WolfKook wrote:
NykylaiHellray wrote:Sorry when you said the order I suddenly got worried that maybe my emails didnt arrive in wolfs mail ^^;
You mail did, but somehow I can't find the Professor Humbert Greimas. Sorti, may you please post him in the main thread? It seems he got lost in the mists...
There you are. Do you have Patricia & the Heir?
Coltiviamo per tutti un rancore
che ha l'odore del sangue rappreso
ciò che allora chiamammo dolore
è soltanto un discorso sospeso
Igor the Henchman
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Igor the Henchman »

A nice, spooky theme going on here. I like it. The background and the gothic horror implications of turning people into books are wonderfully described.

I think pocket domain darklords are hard to write. For every gem like Juste and the House of Lament, there are failures like Davion and Lyron Evensong. Humbert Greimas is close to being a very good pocket lord indeed. My (personal, mind you) recommendations would be to 1) increase his domain to encompass the whole university, 2) give him minions of some sort to populate potential adventures 3) maybe give him a bigger overarching agenda: now that he's figured out the alchemical means to turn people into books, what even greater projects might he conduct?

I confess I didn't think much of this professor when I first read the description, but now, he's nesting close to Astylos and the Black Dragon in my estimation.

Kudos for this rich addition to Felsinea!
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

It's got that creepy Clive Barker feel to it. Igor brings out some good ideas and I'm glad I'm not the only one who like Lemont Juste.
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

I forgot, I have a few questions. When I person gets turned into a book, do they have to die first (like the first victim)? And since these books are sentienet are the victim's souls in the books, false memories taken from the brain (like Adam had of his "life" before being a golem in the novel, "Mordenheim"), or just a dirty trick from the Dark Powers?
Checco
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Checco »

Yaoi Huntress Earth wrote:I forgot, I have a few questions. When I person gets turned into a book, do they have to die first (like the first victim)? And since these books are sentienet are the victim's souls in the books, false memories taken from the brain (like Adam had of his "life" before being a golem in the novel, "Mordenheim"), or just a dirty trick from the Dark Powers?
Iirc talking to the author (who gave me permission to write some replies myself :)), victims become living books, though death is not mandatory for the process.

The souls should be on the books, with the memories of when they were alive; of course becoming a living construct can tax the mind of many, so always iirc some are insane, though all of them able to do so hate deeply Humbert.

I'll ask the author whether I gave correct infos or not, shouldn't I edit the post it means my memory still makes a decent work :wink:.
'...and they died happily ever after. The End.' - Xykon, from OotS #657
Yaoi Huntress Earth
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

That helps a lot, thanks. Another question popped up and that is it possible to return the victim to normal or at least free their soul? Would destroying the book be able to do that?
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

This one works but I don't think I like it as much as the others.
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D
whalejudge
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by whalejudge »

I like Humbert. Good job!
Checco
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Checco »

Yaoi Huntress Earth wrote:That helps a lot, thanks. Another question popped up and that is it possible to return the victim to normal or at least free their soul? Would destroying the book be able to do that?
Afaik, the process to turn a living being into a book is 'sponsored' by the DP, if you allow me such metaphor :), so nullifying it should be impossible or require very high-level magic.

I think you should also count on the DL providing his negative opinion about such attempts...or positive, if he thinks you could give a 'contribution' to the library :wink:.
'...and they died happily ever after. The End.' - Xykon, from OotS #657