The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter Two

Online roleplaying at the Café
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Before Goran enters the home he approaches the veiled window of the carriage, pausing for a moment to think.

It loathes me to adorn her with such piety, I can't take it anymore from this tramp. Her sway over the men of this family has gone on too long. She must now know where I stand.

Without pulling back the curtain which covers the window the ranger utters hushed words for his sister, words without emotion, delivered with duty and purpose, words meant for her and her alone, words meant to impede her movement, "Your cunning is as clear as the night sky in spring Magenta, but heed my words when I tell you that all the land is alive with vigilant eyes and ever-present ears. Your dangerous habits had better not be the dagger driven into the heart of this family."

Before Magenta can react, Goran slips around the carriage and up the stairs to the entrance making his way to the kitchen.
Last edited by PathOfDreams on Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan stops outside to speak briefly with Emilio.

''Majordomo...Tahl and I have scraped together a little coin to be used to get proper fodder for the animals. The horses and dogs alike need better food and care. I really must insist that you take the money. ''

He presses several gold coins into the old man's hands, looking about first to make certain the exchange occurs unseen by prying eyes.

''I regret that I was unable to stop in town today and see to it myself. Ah, besides, I figure that you are the best man at stretching a coin, and maybe that you'll know which merchants to avoid. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Griselda
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Griselda »

At the sudden sound of Tuke's voice, Agna jumps and turns. She relaxes on seeing it's Tuke, but not by too much. "You're back! So, what happened?"
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Emilio smiles at Tristan and takes the coins.

'Thank you Tristan, I know you are still owed coin from Master Roderigo, but these will help keep the horses fed. Thank you."

The Majordomo sees that Goran is having words with his sister. He waits for the young Pancrazio's to finish their hushed conversation and then leads the carriage away from Pancrazio manor.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

"Oh, not much. We went out to the tomb. The priest got the vapors. Did you know that he likes peanuts? Aren't peanuts sinful? If they are, I think I did him a favor."

Tuke scowls. "But something very strange indeed is going on. They found the old woman's body in the the coffin. Which means that what we saw last night..." Tuke shudders afresh. "was some sort of effigy - a parody of her corpse. Who or what could craft such a thing, or why..." Tuke shrugs. "The haunt you saw in Phebe's room? Someone else, maybe?" Tuke's eyes flicker out to Magenta's carriage as he says this. "I'm not sure... "
Last edited by Irving the Meek on Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan enters the house. He looks about until he finds Roderigo Pancrazio.

I must make a report. He needs to know what we found- and didn't find, at the crypt.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran makes his way to the kitchen to join Tuke and assumably Agna if she is there. There, he plops down his gear that he was encumbered by and takes a seat at the small servants table near the corner.

"Tuke, did you find anything yet for us to stuff our maws with?" Goran questions while rubbing his gut, which rumbles like a the distant stampede of a wild herd.

"Agna dear," he mumbles as he stands and opens his pack, "here is the last of my dried boar's roast and heavy loaf, please make sure that it goes as far as it can, I didn't want to eat it right now, perhaps it can make a small stew for those of us that are here for lunch."

Goran sets down the food stufs on the counter next to Agna's prep area and starts rummaging through the cupboards for any small amount of sustanence. (1)

(1) SEARCH check, result 14
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Moments later, after a feverish search of the cupboards, Goran turns to the other two in the kitchen holding a medium sized jar.

"HA, Tuke I've just the thing." Goran holds the jar up to the light of the open window. "It appears to be some pickled plums, I wonder how old they are? No matter, lets dig in."
Goran turns the jar upside down and slams the top on the wooden counter. He opens the jar slowly and gives them a deep sniff. (1) "Agna, Tuke, shall we go at the same time?" He holds the jar out so the others may pull from it.

(1) SURVIVAL check, result 26. Goran has tasted plums many times and wants to make sure these are edible.
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan continues to search the house for Roderigio. If he encounters any one of the other Pancrazios or the household servants, he'll stop to inquire as to Roderigo's whereabouts.

JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Roderigo comes out of his bedroom as he hears the commotion of the groups return. Tristan, who was actively searching, reaches the top of the stairs to the second floor where the bedrooms are. The hounds man catches the tail end of what is obviously an argument.

"I don't care just do it!"
Roderigo yells into the room before slamming the door closed. As Roderigo turns and sees Tristan, a fake smile crosses his face.

"Ah Tristan! You've returned. Tell me what you've found out. Lets go downstairs where the others are. I'll have Agna prepare a meal you must be all starved."
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian stables his horse, removing the saddle and saddle bags, he brushes down his horse and prepares his feed bag for him. (1)

Once that is done he grabs his saddles and saddle bags, and returns back to the Manor entering through the kitchen, he nods to everyone as he passes and makes he way up to his room to put everything away.

1. Handle Animal Check I don't know what my bonus is off hand, but Julian take 10 on it.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan tries to hide any indications of worry or alarm over the argument, and makes no acknowledgement that he's just seen or heard anything out of the ordinary.

It won't do to embarass the boss by prying into his affairs. If he does need my help with something, I'm sure that he'll ask me later.

As Tristan walks downstairs with his employer, he relates the events of the expedition to the crypt. His report is quick but throrough. By the time the two men enter the kitchen Tristan has reached the point in the story where the coffin is opened.

''...so, we had to be sure. Goran and I opened the casket. Her body lay within, still and peaceful and looking nothing at all like that thing I hacked up last night. That was a relief to us, as I am sure it is to you. If it wasn't...''

Tristan abruptly cuts off his account when he spots Agna in the kitchen amongst the menfolk. He stares at the girl for a brief moment, then swiftly turns his head in an attempt to hide the blush rising to his cheeks.

PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

As his father and Tristan enter the kitchen, Goran is savoring a plum. He wipes his face with the sleeve of his shirt.

"Father, I take it Tristan has told you all the news." Goran pauses as if pondering what to say next.

"There are some plums here still," Goran gestures to the jar, "I warn you be quick they are going fast."Once again, a slight pause. Words begin to form on Goran's lips but are as swiftly lost. Then, "Father, Tristan, I need to see you two outside." And as more of an insistance than a request, "Tuke perhaps you could help young Agna prepare lunch."
Goran plucks another plum from the dust covered jar with his slender knife then heads for the rear door by way of the passage.
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

After checking the security of the grounds . Tahl is coming back through the back door of the manor to grab some grub for the day .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Irving the Meek
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Irving the Meek »

Tuke shakes his head a little bit in mock regret. "I'm warning you, it's always a mistake to let a jester cook for you. Everything ends up tasting funny." Despite his words, Tuke chips in with a willing hand, tossing together a flatbread dough. "If I might make a suggestion to my betters... we need to get another servant from town, at least for a few weeks. There's no way Agna can take care of everyone in the house by herself. I can go find us a cook and laundress while Magenta's away, by your leave."